Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKush_Zombie
Stranger
Weed/shroom grow room
    #803550 - 01/19/16 01:26 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I posted this in the wrong section earlier.

I have a room in the basement that is 15ft long, 12ft wide, 7ft tall.

I'm thinking about splitting the room.

I'll have to add insulation and another wall besides the concrete that's there and all that good stuff so we'll have to subtract that from the measurements.

I read a screen of green needs a 1000W HID light for a 4x4 area so I was thinking I could build the grow room 4x12 and have 3 1000w HID lights going for all of the plants, make sure the room is insulated well, have 2 fans blowing on each bottom side of the room to discourage mold, and 2 inline fans with a carbon filter at the top middle of the room blowing out. I'd be doing soil and I figured I'd be able to have about 20 nice indicas spread out.

The rest of the basement room I'd like to use for monotubs.

Sound legit?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemushroomyz08
Creator
Male

Loc: over there
Re: Weed/shroom grow room [Re: Kush_Zombie]
    #803575 - 01/19/16 08:27 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I haven't really posted anything on this site just yet but i find interest in your idea. I can't say I'm too familiar with how much light is necessary to use over an area that large, however I do have a room I grow both mushrooms and plants in.
If you haven't thought as far as your flowering area (which you'll obviously need space for) and a work area for the mushrooms (assuming it's also in basement), I have flowered plants in same room with fruiting mush considering same light cycle. The mushrooms were off the floor and above the plants on a shelf. Also had a cfl for the shrooms.
Don't know what kind of shrooms you'll have but I keep my room temp about 68-75.

I do think your idea is legit! I wish you the best of luck with your project!!  :goodluck:

--------------------
Success is a state of mind. 

OfflineKush_Zombie
Stranger
Re: Weed/shroom grow room [Re: mushroomyz08]
    #803583 - 01/20/16 04:48 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks man :stoned:

And I'm planning on just having the vegetative stage and the flowering stage in the same room. In other words, I wouldn't be switching out plants, I'd just be doing one grow at a time. I was planning on having a ballast (probably Galaxy brand) that switches between 1000w and 600w and using a 600w Metal Halide bulb (Blue Hortilux) for the vegetative stage and a 1000w High Pressure Sodium light (Hortilux Super HPS) for the flowering stage. I'd be able to just switch the ballast to 600w during the vegetative stage for the Metal Halide light and switch it to 1000w during the flowering stage for the High Pressure Sodium light. It just makes it easier for me because I'm doing a screen of green and I wouldn't have to move everything around.
I'd be starting with a 4x4 room due to budget and that'll cost me around $2000 - $2500 to build the room and get all of the supplies I need.
After that I figured each additional 4x4 room will cost me about $1000 to build properly.

I'm still not sure where I want my work area to be for the mushies. I'll either have a section for it by the monotubs or I'll continue to do it in my closet...I'm thinking I'd like to just have it in the basement as well due to not wanting to carry everything from my bedroom to downstairs (pretty much the whole house other than my room is hotboxed with cigarettes and filthy....Mine use to be but I've been developing a good sterile technique with myself in general ever since I started cultivating).

I was also just going to use a fluorescent for the germinating stage and probably do that in my closet, as it's easy to fit 20 germinating plants in solo cups in there.

I'm also thinking about maybe since I'm building a 4x4 room, just adding additional 4x4 rooms when I get the money and having 3 4x4 rooms in total in the end...but then I also think about how that would make me need 3 inline fans, carbon filters, and holes in the wall for exhaust instead of 2. idk I just have a lot of ideas....Ideas for big grows, ideas for micro grows..lol.

:awehigh:

Edited by Kush_Zombie (01/20/16 04:57 AM)

OfflineKush_Zombie
Stranger
    #803584 - 01/20/16 04:52 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I just realized It would be a good idea to have a 4x4 room dedicated to cloning though. That way a Metal Halide light just stayed on them at all times.
Definitely don't want to start from seed everytime.

Like I said, I have a lot of ideas for this lol.

Offlinemushroomyz08
Creator
Male

#803609 - 01/20/16 01:50 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Seems to me like you know what your getting when it comes to lighting. I dont think youll have an issue there. MH and HPS are best as far as I know.
I haven't looked into the screen of green (ive heard of sea or green lol)idea or how the process works. So you might be looking for something diff then im suggesting.
Have you considered doing a perpetual harvest with a mother? Your little girls will be cloned from the mother plant and you wont have to start from seed. Mother and clones in same room and flowering and fruiting mush in same room. Or a seperate "mushroom" lol  :rockon:  because you can stack monotubs.
Maybe treat the whole basement as one room (because of fae) and seperate each section with a sheet (or sheets) dark in color to block light from getting between rooms. The kind of money your talking sounds like your trying to make it look nice too? If not then main focus would be lighting, fae, and temp. And nutes of obviously lol.
The picture above is how I seperated my rooms. Black plastic, duck tape and a zipper door lol.
I never looked much into it but mushrooms produce  co2 which benefits the plants too! I'm really not sure to what extent or how much you need to actually make a difference but its interesting.
I want to do a little project with having my herb and some mushies in the same pot.
If your doing it in three seperate rooms like you said I would just set up basics for each room then invest in each one at a time. But that's just me.

--------------------

Offlinemushroomyz08
Creator
Male

#803611 - 01/20/16 01:59 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

For the record trichoderma is found in soils, I haven't had an issue but its possible to contam your mush. And ive read that trich is a pain in the ass to get rid of once it gets settled in.

--------------------

OfflineKush_Zombie
Stranger
    #803614 - 01/20/16 02:04 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Honestly I thought about the same thing (the mushrooms producing co2). I had an idea of shooting the inline fans/carbon filters into the room with the mushrooms and having 2 strong box fans installed into each side of the room (if it ever gets to 4x12) so that there was plenty of exchange from both of those. Lots of plants, lots of mushrooms, plenty of exchange. They both need to be at around 78 degrees F. too so the temperature would work lovely. It would also save me from having to make any holes into the wall or having to exhaust it outside of the house. Both rooms have to be really clean too so no worries there.
But yes, I'm planning on making these rooms look nice. I don't want to put a lot of effort into something I'm going to have to replace in the next year. I plan on spending close to around $3000 repairing and insulating the room and getting good equipment that's going to not only be safe (fire hazards and whatnot) but give me beautiful yield. This is going to be my first grow to be honest :smirk: but if I do it, I want to do it right. I've done enough research that I'm confident I'll at least be able to get back what I paid for in the first year.

But as far as cloning goes, that's what I was saying is that I should get a 4x4 cloning room lol.

My only worry is I wonder if the humidity would keep like it's supposed to with the mushrooms in that kind of setup.

OfflineKush_Zombie
Stranger
    #803615 - 01/20/16 02:06 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mushroomyz08 said:
For the record trichoderma is found in soils, I haven't had an issue but its possible to contam your mush. And ive read that trich is a pain in the ass to get rid of once it gets settled in.

I was planning on drying out my soil and baking it in the oven before I used it. I'd be getting some good ole Fox Farm soil too so the quality is pretty good.
I'd also be using live culture in my monotubs with a closed lid to begin with until it was ready for them to start growing so it would be pretty resistant anyways.

Edited by Kush_Zombie (01/20/16 02:26 PM)

Offlinemushroomyz08
Creator
Male

#803618 - 01/20/16 02:24 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Humidity should be fine. You'll have evap off a lot of plants plus mush will be inside the monotub creating its own humidity off geo-lite. Just make sure not to have any fans pointed at them. 90% in tubs and I would think maybe like 50-60% in the room. (Don't quote me on the percent lol but I honestly think it would be ok.)

I wouldn't bake the soil there's beneficial bacteria and foxfarm is good shit. Also baking soil is toxic to breathe. I think at a certain temp it becomes toxic maybe 150 or 160*f. Id research that first. I have before but can't remember. I just remember not to do it. Pretty sure trich is actually beneficial to plants also.

--------------------

OfflineKush_Zombie
Stranger
    #803619 - 01/20/16 02:28 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

You think I'd have to worry about contams if I didn't bake it first?
I should at least dry it out first to make sure there's no bugs.

OfflineKush_Zombie
Stranger
    #803621 - 01/20/16 02:34 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mushroomyz08 said:
I haven't looked into the screen of green (ive heard of sea or green lol)idea or how the process works.

https://forum.grasscity.com/plant-training/48363-scrog-method.html

It's so easy man. Check it out.

Offlinemushroomyz08
Creator
Male

#803623 - 01/20/16 02:40 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Honestly I'm really not sure. I have done it before but only once with the three plants. Ive been growing mush about a year now and recently got back into plants again. The room I have is maybe 6ftx12ft give or take. Have a closet area about 6x2 no doors and that's where I have my mushies. Same room I'm growing veggies n herbs among others. I'll be able to find out your question in the long term lol but for now I don't think I've had enough experience with the two in same room.
It's always possible to have bugs in your soil but I never have with foxfarm product.

--------------------

Offlinemushroomyz08
Creator
Male

#803624 - 01/20/16 02:47 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Screen of green
  Just seems to me like growing a bunch of plants together with a screen to support them once they grow into it? I know the screen would help support the plant.

--------------------

OfflineKush_Zombie
Stranger
    #803626 - 01/20/16 03:28 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Then you're missing the point of it :p
The point is bending the plant back under the screen and having it work it's way back up again. You do that by separating the branches as it grows. you clearly didn't read the link I sent :smirk:

Offlinemushroomyz08
Creator
Male

#803631 - 01/20/16 05:22 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

No I didn't read it all I skimmed most lol. I did read the part explaining how the wires hold down parts of the plant. I actually read an article about bonsai mothers being grown the same way. Clip the top and tie down side branches.

--------------------

Offlinemushroomyz08
Creator
Male

#803632 - 01/20/16 05:39 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Also too if this is Your first grow you have a lot of specific guidelines with what you want to do. Lol sorry I didn't get into it earlier but your going to have know your plants well to do it properly. Your putting a lot of stress on the plants. Shit will grow either way but a lot of stress can change plant sex and effect harvest. Unless they are femenized.  A lot that I've read about basically led to doing it as natural as possible but if your interested I really hope it works out. A lot of time and effort needs put in. Its like bulk training lol. I plan on doing some training on my mother plant but not to that extent lol. I can't say I know much about harvest weights doing it one way or another and comparing.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale