Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Overall Healthy Plant w/ Some Odd Symptoms [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #797222 - 10/20/15 09:15 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Your feeding you soil plants bloom nutrients in veg? Sounds like your overloading your soil and causing the ion's (salts) to form solid and lockup, like it was mentioned. pH does play a roll and Ca/Mg will help those from forming, but if your over loaded your over loaded.

Soil should have just about all the nutrients you need for the most part of veg and early flower. Maybe add a Nitrogen rich nutrient in veg, like Humbolt Nutreints Verde (I'd recommend foliar spray in veg). Then just adjust the amount of that you feed your plants based on how green they are.

This is one of the reason's I don't like soil, its a lot of guesswork in what is available to the plants. Hydro with drain to waste coco is how I like to run, never recirculating the nutrient tank nor having to guess if the nutrients are there before you feed. I can flush my plants and start with near clean/new condition just by plugging in some hoses.

Address issues as they come up instead of preparing for the failure. You might not have a problem with something until you apply the solution as a preventative measure. i.e don't feed your plants until it looks like they need it; don't spray for bugs if you don't have any--you might not ever have them. Let the plant run its course and help it along its journey only when it needs it.  Eventually you will find what the plant needs and likes and right when to give it so that you won't notice any lapse in vigor.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineanycolouryoulike

Loc: PNW
Re: Overall Healthy Plant w/ Some Odd Symptoms [Re: phychotron]
    #797421 - 10/24/15 01:08 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Your feeding you soil plants bloom nutrients in veg? Sounds like your overloading your soil and causing the ion's (salts) to form solid and lockup, like it was mentioned. pH does play a roll and Ca/Mg will help those from forming, but if your over loaded your over loaded.

Soil should have just about all the nutrients you need for the most part of veg and early flower. Maybe add a Nitrogen rich nutrient in veg, like Humbolt Nutreints Verde (I'd recommend foliar spray in veg). Then just adjust the amount of that you feed your plants based on how green they are.

This is one of the reason's I don't like soil, its a lot of guesswork in what is available to the plants. Hydro with drain to waste coco is how I like to run, never recirculating the nutrient tank nor having to guess if the nutrients are there before you feed. I can flush my plants and start with near clean/new condition just by plugging in some hoses.

Address issues as they come up instead of preparing for the failure. You might not have a problem with something until you apply the solution as a preventative measure. i.e don't feed your plants until it looks like they need it; don't spray for bugs if you don't have any--you might not ever have them. Let the plant run its course and help it along its journey only when it needs it.  Eventually you will find what the plant needs and likes and right when to give it so that you won't notice any lapse in vigor.

I meant "Grow Big" not big bloom. But yeah my philosophy has always been keep it simple. But something is terrorizing these plants and its not my overdoing anything.

The smaller 2 in Veg have like no roots. I went to check the root ball and it was like a softball in the middle of a big 3 gallon. I broke it up some and repotted it with fresh soil with some extra perlite. These plants are a couple months old, the roots are very small for some reason.

--------------------
Team Shroomery

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Overall Healthy Plant w/ Some Odd Symptoms [Re: anycolouryoulike]
    #797504 - 10/27/15 12:00 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

physically pick up the plant and make sure its light before you water your plants.  You might be drowning them, thinking they never should dry out.

Next try some new brand of soil and see if that helps. Could be a bad batch.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds