Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineanycolouryoulike

Loc: PNW
Overall Healthy Plant w/ Some Odd Symptoms
    #795543 - 10/01/15 12:25 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Hey guys.

Thought i'd share my grow here because i have some concerns about some odd plant markings and abrasions. Also curious about what deficiency might be affecting my lower leaves yellowing and speckling and eventually drying up and falling off or sometimes falling off kind of wet and browned. I've lost about 2 dozen leaves the past 2 weeks since starting flowering.

Purple Trainwreck 17 days in flower.
Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil
moderate strength tiger bloom in tap water every other watering.
I just started adding Calmag+ with the past 3 waterings since seeing pale green/yellowing (not sure its helping, been a week)
under a 400w HPS
Thats a 3x3 tent

The good: http://imgur.com/a/hBFMS
The bad: http://imgur.com/a/16gsy

Could some of the markings be pests? I've found odd tears and things but never could spot any pests or blatant markings. Are they that hard to see?

--------------------
Team Shroomery

Edited by anycolouryoulike (10/01/15 12:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery
Re: Overall Healthy Plant w/ Some Odd Symptoms [Re: anycolouryoulike]
    #795545 - 10/01/15 12:46 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Honestly bro your shit looks great.
I see these irregularities in the fan leaves and my experience brings me to one of two reasons if not both..
If gese are lower leaves under screen could it simply be.a.lack of light? Or possibly a nitrogen deficiency which is more common to sho when using flowering nutes as thy are no particularly high in N.
So at this point u can either chillax and still collect a great harvest, or add just a tad of veg nute in with your last fert sessions jn addition to the bloom stuff to.make up the lack.
I honestly doubt its pests or nute burn which would be.my last go tos given all other variables here.

Just my rough.opinion.
Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

Offlineanycolouryoulike

Re: Overall Healthy Plant w/ Some Odd Symptoms [Re: ashfiken]
    #795548 - 10/01/15 01:05 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the response. I usually am pretty relaxed about these things. I've had one grow under my belt in a DIY box with CFLS. It's easy to see i'm sitting better for round 2 and I was more than happy with my last smoke  :bigblunt:

--------------------
Team Shroomery

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery
    #795551 - 10/01/15 02:50 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

:thumbup:
Get high my friend

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
    #795565 - 10/01/15 04:49 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

To check for pests, check the undersides of your leaves...

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

Offlineanycolouryoulike

Re: Overall Healthy Plant w/ Some Odd Symptoms [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #796067 - 10/06/15 05:34 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

http://imgur.com/a/24AtX

I'm back with more concern. The yellowing is only worsening and the amount of leaves dropping seems excessive. The yellowing and brown dry tips are spreading up just immediately under the canopy. Its hard to capture in pictures, it looks much worse and more prevalent in person. Seems to me this is too early to be seeing yellowing like this if it were just an N def. I haven't used anything but Calmag+ in more than a week, the last nutes would have been half strength bloom alone. I'm considering taking it out of the tent to properly flush it but thats a whole ordeal with the scrog frame. UGH! I'm extremely novice at identifying and diagnosing things and I've made sure not to panic and over compensate in any direction, but its only getting worse since flowering 23 days ago.

I thank you guys for taking the time to read, So far you are the only forum to respond since I started reaching out last week.

--------------------
Team Shroomery

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

#796123 - 10/07/15 04:46 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

That blotched yellow leaf is a sign of overwatering.
Maybe you are not letting them dry out enough (?)

--------------------

Offlineanycolouryoulike

#796179 - 10/07/15 04:25 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

oeric mckenna said:
That blotched yellow leaf is a sign of overwatering.
Maybe you are not letting them dry out enough (?)

I don't think thats it, I water every 3-4 days on average. Allowing the first inch or two of soil to dry up.

--------------------
Team Shroomery

Offlineanycolouryoulike

#796318 - 10/08/15 11:13 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Back again. No change for the better.. The yellow and speckled brown leaves are starting to rise into the canopy. Some fan leaves only 3 down are looking very ill and I'm really beginning to worry here. I don't have an adequate way to assess PH of the soil or my tap water for that matter, I suppose I should get the PH strips at the least.

Then on top of that my other tent has 1 of the 3 in veg showing signs Im not sure about. New growth is yellowing and curling up at the edges, the other two look unaffected (all from same mother)

Thanks for looking http://imgur.com/a/lCBde

--------------------
Team Shroomery

Edited by anycolouryoulike (10/09/15 12:29 AM)

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

#796326 - 10/09/15 04:43 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

The edge curl is commonly heat stress. they dont look terrible tho

--------------------

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

#796327 - 10/09/15 04:58 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Sometimes using bottled nutrients can lower your ph and give you a defiency.
compare yours to magnesium def and research...
If so, try spraying foliar epsom salts on a section thats affected ect.
Just read up.
Also, make sure your water is chlorine free to avoid lockout...
Idk man... im an organic feeder these days.. in some ways its easier but the work is there...
No ph for me tho...

--------------------

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery
    #796496 - 10/10/15 03:27 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Still doing the calmag? Try that if you haven't on veg tent,
Sorry i can't help more

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

Offlineanycolouryoulike

Re: Overall Healthy Plant w/ Some Odd Symptoms [Re: ashfiken]
    #796761 - 10/13/15 11:44 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

So I'm pretty upset here. No improvements really, definitely no longer an "overall healthy plant". I started checking my PH with the strips, and a small soil kit. The soil checked out at 6-7 but my nutes with added Bloom was closer to 5. So I adjusted the last feeding to the correct range and watered. That was 2 days ago, not sure how quickly things could turn around if PH lockout was the culprit. The plant does seem to be perky and straighter... But the amount of necrosis and symptoms are off the charts here, Im not sure if the thing is going to just drop dead here soon.

Heres some pics. Up until flower this thing was a beauty, now its gone to shit 30 days in. Then on top of that my back ups in Veg are starting to look sick as well, they also got a PH check and watered with just added calmag+ still no signs of healthier growth.

http://imgur.com/a/koxNX
The pictures really don't do the yellowing/dying justice...

2 weeks ago for reference: http://imgur.com/a/hBFMS

Can a plant like this recover? do PH swings alone cause this detriment? How much healing can a leaf do? any? Will any harvest if any be compromised by the same crunchy death that is dropping leaves left and right... :facepalm3:

--------------------
Team Shroomery

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

#796769 - 10/13/15 03:35 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Im not sure if you can get any, but a really good thing to use for nutrient and ph issues is gypsum. 
It unlocks other nutrients, aids in uptake, corrects imbalances ect..
Throw some in your water if you can find any. 
At least, a flush with gentle nutrient solution.

The problem with nutrient lockout is that if you add the one you are lacking because its locked up and cant be used, it becomes toxic, and still cant be used anyway.

Also, move your light up too. At least untill you get this improving.
Theyre showing signs of heats stress which is compounding your other issue because:
Bright lights make your plant do hard work.
This work requires nutrients.
The plant tries to do the work anyway without the nutrient resource and pulls what it can from itself, sometimes moving them from lower leaves, etc.

When in doubt, flush...

--------------------

Offlineanycolouryoulike

#796771 - 10/13/15 04:33 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

oeric mckenna said:
Im not sure if you can get any, but a really good thing to use for nutrient and ph issues is gypsum. 
It unlocks other nutrients, aids in uptake, corrects imbalances ect..
Throw some in your water if you can find any. 
At least, a flush with gentle nutrient solution.

The problem with nutrient lockout is that if you add the one you are lacking because its locked up and cant be used, it becomes toxic, and still cant be used anyway.

Also, move your light up too. At least untill you get this improving.
Theyre showing signs of heats stress which is compounding your other issue because:
Bright lights make your plant do hard work.
This work requires nutrients.
The plant tries to do the work anyway without the nutrient resource and pulls what it can from itself, sometimes moving them from lower leaves, etc.

When in doubt, flush...

Thank you. I have flushed recently and hopefully things are on track with correcting PH. I might have some gypsum but they don't need watering yet. Also I thought to raise the light as well, my temps seem within safe zone, but you're right they are curling up and looking warm.

--------------------
Team Shroomery

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #796870 - 10/14/15 01:08 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Make sure to lift up the pot to feel how heavy it is. It should get pretty light before you drench it again.

Nutrient burn starts on the tips, everything else is usually a deficiency. pH problems cause it a lot of the times. Ca/Mg stabilize a pH to prevent it from doing any huge swings up or down (called a buffer).

Looking at the recent pictures its looking like multiple deficiencies at the same time.  What are you temperatures like? Humidity?

Add one of those oscillating fans under the screen and blow through the underside of the leaf too. Those need air flow through the base of the plant.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlineanycolouryoulike

Re: Overall Healthy Plant w/ Some Odd Symptoms [Re: phychotron]
    #796877 - 10/14/15 03:30 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:

Looking at the recent pictures its looking like multiple deficiencies at the same time.  What are you temperatures like? Humidity?

Add one of those oscillating fans under the screen and blow through the underside of the leaf too. Those need air flow through the base of the plant.

My temps range from around 68-86 usually, humidity 30-40. I have a fan blowing up under and 2 above. My temp probe is at the screen.

My PH was adjusted for the last watering about 4 days ago. Camlmag+ and 1/4 strength Bloom. The plant still looks like shit, possibly worse. My other 2 in veg got the same treatment with only calmag+ and they look worse for sure.

Not sure what to do. I've made it a point not to panic and overcompensate. But I've watched this plant gradually become garbage over the last 4 weeks. The PH of my watering before correcting was like 5.5ish and the soil tested 6-7 still. I just don't see how my last plant albeit in a different tent did just fine with out ever testing PH, same residence same nutrients.

Fyi I flushed the watering before last to eliminate the salts in the soil.. but these plants are only a couple months old in the soil. Can't imagine its the main culprit. But all my plants are affected that are in this fox farms ocean Forrest. But I tested a sample and it looks fine PH ugh!

--------------------
Team Shroomery

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #796905 - 10/14/15 08:37 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

One possibility is that your not feeding enough, and that the high demand plant is still trying to do its high demand thing. The hardest part is taking the plunge to see if that's it.

I personally stopped using soil a long time ago because there is too much guesswork and an entire microbial habitat that needs to be recreated indoors.

Magash, another mod on here recommends using the Advanced Nutrients "Revive" for sick plants. I've never used the stuff but he seems to swear by it. It should clean the root zone so that you can start feeding it again.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlineanycolouryoulike

Re: Overall Healthy Plant w/ Some Odd Symptoms [Re: phychotron]
    #797160 - 10/19/15 02:37 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Any advice on my vegging plants? http://imgur.com/a/Uoqdf

They are fed half strength big bloom grow big every other and I introduced calmag+ after they started looking like this. That was about 2 weeks ago. The heat was my first guess with curling, but some of the highest tops are unaffected. my temps max at 88 sometimes in this tent but average rarely above 82ish. One clip fan is really close to them, can wind damage be a thing? I'm going to properly exhaust it today.

Thanks.

PS: If anyone is wondering the flowering plant is looking straighter and sturdier but the damage was extensive. Its really hard to determine if its any better or not, the leaves dropping could have been damaged/dying from before things were hopefully corrected. The buds are still putting on weight nicely, probably massively stunted from their true potential though. The thing doesn't have a healthy leaf on it. I'm really starting to think this Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil is toxic. All plants have started having issues in the same amount of time since transplanting to it, both veg and flower tents.

--------------------
Team Shroomery

Edited by anycolouryoulike (10/24/15 01:04 PM)

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

#797180 - 10/20/15 07:46 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Thats actualy great soil. although you're showing lots of deficiencies and if I not mistaken...
Do you have spider mites or something? Looks like lottle dots (bite marks) on your leaves.
If so, thats a big deal.
  If you cause a condition where your plants nutrients become locked up (unavailable) to the plant, adding more will only make the condition worse.
Thats why I suggested gypsum water (an imbalance corrector) in the first place. 

Finding out what is locking up what and why isnt an easy task...

Anyway... got mites or something??? please check under your leaves

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies