Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Child's Play is my favorite cult classic
    #794829 - 09/27/15 06:34 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

it was released exactly a week before i was born. i fucking love this movie. i watched it when i was little so i'm probably biased, as it's the first horror movie i ever watched too, but...it's my movie. wtf bro...a movie about a serial killer doll trying to exact revenge and steal a kid's body for his own...is my fuckin' movie.
:zappa:

people say it's bad, but really it's not...the actor's are great in it, Brad Doriff's voice acting is brilliantly scary, and the way they introduce the doll, you don't see it at first for it's first two kills but then it's like shit it's fucking really alive!

beginning to end, it's my favorite horror movie. i don't care if it's tropey, it's awesome.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: Child's Play is my favorite cult classic [Re: eNtranceAsexit]
    #794834 - 09/27/15 06:47 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

oh

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
Re: Child's Play is my favorite cult classic [Re: P-O]
    #794836 - 09/27/15 07:06 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

The first Child's Play is the best. Chucky's first dialogue to Andy's mother when she threatens to throw him in the fire is golden. The voodoo idea is cool. and the detective has a hilarious scream.

InvisibleP-O

Re: Child's Play is my favorite cult classic [Re: nannybooboo] * 1
    #794837 - 09/27/15 07:11 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

childs play was always more of a joke then a horror movie when i was a kid.

now ....

scared the shit outta me as a kid

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
    #794839 - 09/27/15 07:14 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

P-O said:

now ....

same here. that and the Phantasm movies.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#794868 - 09/27/15 09:55 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

nannybooboo said:
The first Child's Play is the best. Chucky's first dialogue to Andy's mother when she threatens to throw him in the fire is golden. The voodoo idea is cool. and the detective has a hilarious scream.

ALL TRUE, nice call on all accounts (especially the scream LOL) but i also like his "detective trope acting". his character is spot on.

Quote:

P-O said:

now ....

yeah, Pet Cematary is some gross out good times, plus when the kid gets, ya know...trucked...damn, that's some horrifying shit.

but yo man, Child's Play people say"oh it's not scary thus it sucks"...i say fuck it...it's got a good atmosphere...there is hardly ANY comic relief (save: "ugly doll." ... "...fuck you." :lol: ) and you know what, as a film, despite it being about a killer doll, it's got great acting and direction, great special effects and well it just works. people love to hate on it, but look at any review of the movie that considers only the facts...it's a good movie. one legit complaint though is that the voodoo stuff would have been better left out and the original plot of the audience being left to wonder if the kid Andy was killing people instead of the doll (until the Act 3 reveal) should have happened, and instead we got the instance of the doll being front and center and no wondering whether it's actually the doll or not.

but despite that, and despite the doll aspect being laughable to some people, it's still great as it does nothing really "wrong". i defy you to come up with a legit reason why the movie is "bad". it might just not be your type of movie, like alot of people, which is fair...but to be fair also, hey, in the movie no one is like backing off going "oh no a doll, fuck, i'm scared!" no...there is more than a couples times when someone being attacked just picks up Chucky and chucks him across the room; "take that fucker!"

so there is scary doll can't be fucked with trope destroyed. :lol:

i just think it gets more bad rep then it deserves. i mean everyone loves Evil Dead 2 right? but have you seen Bruce Campbells acting? it's so bad it's good, right? and well, is the movie really "scary"...no...not really, i mean look the scariest part is when he gets sucked up during all that supernatural chaos and look what happens afterward...Heart of Darkness :lol: but who doesn't love that?

sometimes bad...is good. that's what i am giving Child's Play. it got some awards and has got a Rotten Tomato score in the 80 percentile...it's simply underrated by horror movie fans because it simply doesn't match up with their favorite tropes, i think, and that's my honest opinion.

PS: most films based off Stephen King books stink...Pet Cematary is an exception along with The Shining and Carrie, i'd say. so you're definitely on point with that mention. :thumbup: there's just no disputing tastes. try watching Child's Play with an open mind and forget about the hype. just look at Chucky's fuckin' doll's face (yeah an expression like this on a doll...) when he's about to bat the detective's face in at the end...you ca see, instead of the cliche psychotic gibbering of most psychos (in Psycho Norman Bates is brilliant save when he goes actually psycho, then it's like a high pitched ninny trying to kill ya; but thankfully it's never much in the film save at the very end), point is, at that point Chucky has a REALISTIC look of despair and sadness and indifference over knowing he's gonna kill his archnemesis (which is the whoel point of the film his revenge on the detective and his partner eddy who leaves him in the getaway car to be busted/killed), he just looks haggard and he's just pouting...you'd figured he be happy but when are killer's ever happy? only when they can act like they don't care, but in that very instance he does and he can't distance himself then from his own agony.

the movie is just way better than people give it credit for; but hey hey it's also hilarious too...most cult movies are afterall.

PS sorry for the ridiculously long post, you know, i just got love for this flick. it's Mario bros the movie...it's just got lovable points to it all even if it's cheesy.

and i love good movies, even great movies...if i had to make a list, this movie might only get an honorable mentioned because it's only that i grew up with and had so much influence from it; i mean it's great i think, and i find it only gets better with age, though, it's not by any means a "perfect movie" in terms of it's story, no not at all...though everything else about it just hits all the right notes, all the way down to the creepy credit score at the end.

:shrug: it actually amazes me...my favorite movie would probably be Taxi Driver, a classic... but as i grow i seem to find more nods to movies that i would maybe find to be guilty pleasures more than anything, and Child's Play actually impressed me upon my latest viewing. it actually doesn't miss many marks, which means essentially it's good.

and Brad Doriff's voice and lines for Chucky are among my favorite of all time for any movie character, even Travis Bickle is outshined. incredible.

Edited by eNtranceAsexit (09/27/15 10:07 PM)

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#794879 - 09/27/15 11:46 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

PPS:

this is my dream relationship - in Technicolor.

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
    #794974 - 09/28/15 04:35 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

a friend of mine was in that scene in childs play where theyre at the military academy, and chucky switches the paint bullets out with real ones lol

pet semetary is some creepy shit. that and IT scared the hell out of as a kid.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom