Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefalconier
Stranger
First time grower concerns
    #793764 - 09/18/15 07:36 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Hello all, I'm an extreme newb at this,
Seeds are indica, thats all known about them..right at 2weeks old
temps are running around 83 degrees humidity 65% or so
Leaves are curling with brown spots on a plant or 2...
I havent given any nuets yet and im set on 18on 6off for lights
im using 3 2700k and 4 5000k total of 700watts for lighting, they were set 3-4 inches above but last night I moved it up about a foot because im thinking maybe too much light/heat but im not too sure, ill post some pics i took.

Edited by falconier (09/18/15 04:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefalconier
Stranger
Re: First time grower concerns [Re: falconier]
    #793798 - 09/18/15 04:27 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

15 views and no one has anything to say?...come on peeps , help a brotha out here...im dieing here, im about to transplant into bigger pots but dont wanna screw anything up if i do that....lol

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
    #793802 - 09/18/15 05:51 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

What kind of lights man? 
They do look a bit odd for sure...
Im mainly wondering what kind of soil.
The key to a plants health is in the roots.
Some soils are designed to hold moisture longer than what cannabis needs, and can deprive the roots of oxygen. Thats kind of the look I'm seeing here for one reason or another...
Also does look like a bit of heat stress or something... that wavy look.

Make sure you're not overwatering them but what you do, that water drips out the bottom.
Its easier with bigger containers but yours are still small enough now for what theyre in..
Especially if you're mainly relying on the soil contents themselves or organic nutrients.

With soil growing:
The soil you use is everything.

There are even soils like subcools supersoil that go all the way through with mostly water.
I

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

Offlinefalconier
Stranger
Re: First time grower concerns [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #793811 - 09/18/15 08:10 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

oeric mckenna said:
What kind of lights man? 
They do look a bit odd for sure...
Im mainly wondering what kind of soil.
The key to a plants health is in the roots.
Some soils are designed to hold moisture longer than what cannabis needs, and can deprive the roots of oxygen. Thats kind of the look I'm seeing here for one reason or another...
Also does look like a bit of heat stress or something... that wavy look.

Make sure you're not overwatering them but what you do, that water drips out the bottom.
Its easier with bigger containers but yours are still small enough now for what theyre in..
Especially if you're mainly relying on the soil contents themselves or organic nutrients.

With soil growing:
The soil you use is everything.

There are even soils like subcools supersoil that go all the way through with mostly water.
I

Thanks for the reply
the soil ive been using is Scotts hyponic potting soil and the lights im using are 7 100 watt cfl lights 4 are 1600 lumens @ 5000k spectrum and 3 are 1600 lumens @ 2700k spectrum,
I noticed today, its been 2-3 days since my last watering, most have damp soil on top while a few are dry now.
I'm not using any nuetrients at all except whats in the soil.

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#793881 - 09/19/15 08:32 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Overwatering is the easiest and most common way to stress/kill a plant.  If the top isn't drying out, it's too early to water.  So you did anyway!  Don't!  By the same token don't let them dry out for a week.  But to allow them to be soaking wet, not good.

Fill up your containers with more soil on the containers 2/3 full.  Moving the lights up was a good idea and a foot away is a good plan. 

The source of your water, its TDS (total dissolved solids), its pH and does it have chlorine or other garbage?  pH in particular if alkaline is death to plants. 

I'd start giving them a light fertilizer every other water and by light I mean maybe 1/4 of recommended.  pH to 6.7 area after mixing in the fertilizer or for your "raw" water.

Offlinefalconier
Stranger
Re: First time grower concerns [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #793885 - 09/19/15 10:51 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, thank you for the replies I will try that and wait a couple of days, I noticed some of the soil in certain containiers kinda sank when watering and since some seemed pretty dry I added alittle soil to give the stems alittle support, got my lighting set and very lightly gave some nuetrients , ill let set and see if they improve, I think they be just fine...next I need to order a ph pen so I can test the water.
thanks again

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #793971 - 09/20/15 11:33 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I'm going to have to disagree with how far away the lights are.  Cfls need to be super close to the plants.  A foot is way too far.  Lower to 6 inches, and put an oscillating fan on the set to the lowest setting. A gentle breeze will help strengthen cellular walls, thereby making the plant a bit stronger as well

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinefalconier
Stranger
Re: First time grower concerns [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #794011 - 09/20/15 07:34 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:
I'm going to have to disagree with how far away the lights are.  Cfls need to be super close to the plants.  A foot is way too far.  Lower to 6 inches, and put an oscillating fan on the set to the lowest setting. A gentle breeze will help strengthen cellular walls, thereby making the plant a bit stronger as well

Now see, i've heard the same thing...cfl's need to be close but then I can read that they can get too much light as well...I've also read that they need to be some distance just to allow them to stretch a little just give them room to grow but not too much of a stretch. Some say 6inches others say farther away...I'm using a total of 700watts of CFL's so this is so contradictory as hell...lmao

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #794016 - 09/20/15 08:23 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I would never go more than 6 inches.  Theybwill grow out and dont need room to stretch.  They will keep growing towards the light.  And as they do, you move them farther away

You will not get too much light from cfls.  Not possible

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinefalconier
Stranger
Re: First time grower concerns [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #794056 - 09/21/15 06:38 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:
I would never go more than 6 inches.  Theybwill grow out and dont need room to stretch.  They will keep growing towards the light.  And as they do, you move them farther away

You will not get too much light from cfls.  Not possible

I'll give it a shot as well, im gonna start a few others and adjust them and just see what happens. thanks for the input:)

InvisibleAGrower
Hydroponic Enthusiast

Re: First time grower concerns [Re: falconier] * 1
    #794768 - 09/26/15 11:23 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

falconier said:
Hello all, I'm an extreme newb at this,
Seeds are indica, thats all known about them..right at 2weeks old
temps are running around 83 degrees humidity 65% or so
Leaves are curling with brown spots on a plant or 2...
I havent given any nuets yet and im set on 18on 6off for lights
im using 3 2700k and 4 5000k total of 700watts for lighting, they were set 3-4 inches above but last night I moved it up about a foot because im thinking maybe too much light/heat but im not too sure, ill post some pics i took.

Its been a week what the News falconier?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder