Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGrim767
Stranger

indoor grow help?
    #793600 - 09/15/15 06:45 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Hi guys let me start out by saying I know this is my first post. I've been a lurker here for a bit I spend most my time over on the shroomery and become a decent cultivator of mushrooms. I recently got traded some feminized seeds and decided to try my hand at indoor. I've done one outdoor grow years ago and it went alright just one plant in the garden grew huge and Figured indoor would be less risky. My plan is to grow 1 or 2 plants in a closet I plan to use a 250w HID light with HPS and bulbs and a fan to circulate air will this work? or is there anything else I need? Any thoughts or input would be appreciated

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: indoor grow help? [Re: Grim767]
    #793618 - 09/16/15 02:07 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Really you pretty much got it. :thumbup:

Now it's just a matter of doing the growing.

Don't kill with love. New people tend to overfeed, over water and that kind of crap. :wink:

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: indoor grow help? [Re: Magash]
    #793625 - 09/16/15 07:07 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Start thinking about how you're going to grow.  Soil, soil-less, hydro.  For a first grow I recommend soil.  But other people have better results with hydro.  Personally I feel soil is easier, just kind of depends on how detail oriented you are

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineGrim767
Stranger

Re: indoor grow help? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #793636 - 09/16/15 11:11 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I plan on soil. Was gonna use coir potting medium my concern was more with me set up there's a lot of info here and it can be overwhelming I was concerned with heat issue from lights and whether a oscillating fan would help but now I'm thinking about spending more money and just getting 400w grow tent setup. That way if I wanna grow more then 2 plants I can

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
    #793637 - 09/16/15 11:14 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

250w isnt going to creat much excess heat, hell a 400 doesnt heat up a grow area.  I wouldnt worry about heat until you get 600w or more going.  unless you live in the desert and its already hot in your grow area.  :shrug:

that fan should be plenty to move your air around.  :thumbup:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #793657 - 09/16/15 06:44 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Grim767 said:
I plan on soil. Was gonna use coir potting medium my concern was more with me set up there's a lot of info here and it can be overwhelming I was concerned with heat issue from lights and whether a oscillating fan would help but now I'm thinking about spending more money and just getting 400w grow tent setup. That way if I wanna grow more then 2 plants I can

Coir is soiless bro.  Not soil.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineGrim767
Stranger

#793681 - 09/16/15 10:27 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

What kind of soil would you suggest? Can I not use coir?

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
    #793688 - 09/17/15 01:28 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Subcool style super soil!
Bit of a big investment for a beginner tho but sure is impressive

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: indoor grow help? [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #793710 - 09/17/15 12:14 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

You can use coir, but it is a substrate with no nutrients, totally different than growing with soil.  I recommend Fox farms ocean forest

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineGrim767
Stranger

#793806 - 09/18/15 07:06 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Alright thanks for info

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#793882 - 09/19/15 08:45 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

If you can get Canna (no substitute) loose coco, and the Canna A&B nutrients, some Rhizotonic, Cannazyme, and in flower the BioBoost and a little pk13/14, I think you'd be very happy with the results.  Canna has a detailed grow guide with exact amounts of each specific nutrient at each stage of grow.  You will need a good TDS meter and a good digital pH meter as well. 

Beyond that, coco IMO indoors is a superior media.  The Canna coco is so consistent, bug free, clean, and has benefits of water shedding as well as superior water retention to soil.  Sounds odd it can both hold and release water better than soil, but that's reality.  Canna has info on why.

Whether growing from seed directly into it, or cloning directly into it, coco just plain works better than soil which tends to get water logged and also virtually always has nasty bugs in it along with mold and fungus.  It's the nature of that beast when it comes to soil.

It's pretty darn hard to overwater with coco, in soil one time your plant can die.

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: indoor grow help? [Re: GoonerHeClips] * 1
    #793890 - 09/19/15 12:46 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

That last sentence...idk man.  Overwatering soil isnt some one time idea.
You're supposed to see runoff anyway, so your description is a bit off.
If giving too much water one time is an issue with your soil, then you have the wrong soil....

Also, OP, just note that with coir, you have to use chemical nutrients only, as opposed to getting nutrients, and equally important, minerals, from your soil. 
You have many opitons.
  Weigh your options, goals, and personal preferences instead of being steered into one method or another.

Getting nutrients from a bottle is easier but its kind of like getting dinner from a can in a way.
The other end of the spectrum is mixing soil from scratch. Its unlikely a beginner would dive right in that far, but its deeper into the science of botany with more control.
  Any method has a pro/con list to weigh.

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: indoor grow help? [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #793891 - 09/19/15 12:58 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

GoonerHeClips said:
If you can get Canna (no substitute) loose coco, and the Canna A&B nutrients, some Rhizotonic, Cannazyme, and in flower the BioBoost and a little pk13/14, I think you'd be very happy with the results.  Canna has a detailed grow guide with exact amounts of each specific nutrient at each stage of grow.  You will need a good TDS meter and a good digital pH meter as well. 

Beyond that, coco IMO indoors is a superior media.  The Canna coco is so consistent, bug free, clean, and has benefits of water shedding as well as superior water retention to soil.  Sounds odd it can both hold and release water better than soil, but that's reality.  Canna has info on why.

Whether growing from seed directly into it, or cloning directly into it, coco just plain works better than soil which tends to get water logged and also virtually always has nasty bugs in it along with mold and fungus.  It's the nature of that beast when it comes to soil.

It's pretty darn hard to overwater with coco, in soil one time your plant can die.

Dude, so off point on soil.  I've been buying bags of soil a long time.  And lots of it.  Never had a bug or mold issue because of it.  Not once in ten years. 

A plant die from over watering once?  Nope.  Dead wrong.  If you're over watering a seedling with poor draining soil and you dit it for a week and a half, okay, sure, it might die.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#793918 - 09/19/15 07:08 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Hard to imagine you've never gotten fungal gnats from soil. 

I once killed a plant flushing it hard during veg so it is in fact possible.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: indoor grow help? [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #793968 - 09/20/15 11:18 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I've put more than 130 gallons of water through a 20 gallon pot, multiple times.  Unless there's something else wrong, or extremely poor draining soil, our a super young plant, this really shouldn't be an issue

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTheKingofLimbs
Stranger
    #795852 - 10/04/15 05:19 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Make sure you are consistent with your temps throughout the different stages. Some promote growth, some halt growth, some tell the plant to produce buds because "winter is coming" and some tell the plant to flower because it is "nice out".

Use light in the same way.

Soilless media is something that I used in horticulture school. I actually did a germination test with coir vs. soilless media and I found much better results with soilless media than coir, but I believe that it works differently at the next stages of growing... perhaps better?

Another thing that I would suggest is learning what fertilizers are out there, how the affect the plant, and what happens when you use different ones.

Additionally, pay attention to source and sink. Essentially, you might want to direct the growth to the parts that you are harvesting so learn how to take off the leaves that aren't doing anything for the plant.

Potting up will make your plants bigger, so start them small, and begin potting up as they get larger. Also, use stakes to keep the plant tall.

Classical music should be played for plants. They also like when you talk and sing to them... Well that's just my opinion.

That's it for now.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds