Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineefarley
LED Grower
Loc: Oregon Flag
First Harvest, Mega Jackpot, 29 grams grown under LED
    #792378 - 09/04/15 12:07 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I just finished my first grow :smile: it was an test grow I did to figure out how I kept killing my plants every time I tried to grow before. I started it off in a tiny crappy box I bought off the internet and finished in a unmodified closet. I used an older Mars Hyrdo UFO LED putting out 180w of light. Let's see what else, I used DWC in a 3 gallon bucket and fed the plant using Advanced Nutrients. I did nothing to control temps of humidity, and almost lost the plant to root rot early in.

The plant took a total of 126 days from seed to harvest which was way longer than I expected. I'm not sure if the slow growth was the light, the room, or the genetics. I suspect a combination of those factors.

Over all I couldn't be happier with this grow. It frustrated me, I almost killed the plant multiple times and for a while thought it wasn't going to yield anything worth harvesting. In the end I ended up with nearly 2x my goal yield of beautiful dense sexy frosty buds. :smile:

Here's some pictures of the final dried product

Edited by efarley (09/05/15 12:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Harvest, Mega Jackpot, 29 grams grown under LED [Re: efarley]
    #792383 - 09/04/15 12:34 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup:

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineSamhainJ
Re: First Harvest, Mega Jackpot, 29 grams grown under LED [Re: Magash]
    #792411 - 09/04/15 10:48 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Shit looks scrum-diddly ump! Great job dude.. Much better than my first grow was!

OfflineMof
Male

Re: First Harvest, Mega Jackpot, 29 grams grown under LED [Re: SamhainJ]
    #792788 - 09/07/15 01:02 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

My plant grew the densest under the white light from the LED, but i pretty much got the same amount

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #792794 - 09/07/15 02:25 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Nice nugs, how far away from the plant did you keep the light?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlineefarley
LED Grower
Re: First Harvest, Mega Jackpot, 29 grams grown under LED [Re: phychotron]
    #792797 - 09/07/15 03:16 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Nice nugs, how far away from the plant did you keep the light?

During flower I tried to keep it about 10 - 15 inches from the tops. It was a pretty weak light so I wanted it as close as possible to maximize penetration but I wanted to make sure it could still cover the entire top of the plant. That seemed to the be the sweet spot between the two.

Offlineefarley
LED Grower
Re: First Harvest, Mega Jackpot, 29 grams grown under LED [Re: SamhainJ]
    #792799 - 09/07/15 03:17 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SamhainJ said:
Shit looks scrum-diddly ump! Great job dude.. Much better than my first grow was!

Thanks man, it turned out much better than I expected!

Offlineefarley
LED Grower
Re: First Harvest, Mega Jackpot, 29 grams grown under LED [Re: Mof]
    #792800 - 09/07/15 03:20 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mof said:
My plant grew the densest under the white light from the LED, but i pretty much got the same amount

This LED didn't have any white light in it unfortunately. My current grow is under an Diamond Series XML 650 LED which uses 10 watt white LED lights in addition to the blue, red, IR and UV lights, I'm blown away by the new light, it's so strong I'm having issues with the light being too intense! I need to SCROG in the future to keep the tops further away.

I'm nearing harvest on that grow if you want to check out how that LED preforms. http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/781490

Edited by efarley (09/07/15 03:21 PM)

OfflineMof
Male

#792818 - 09/07/15 06:15 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

That's pretty good looking, I could never imagine four plants under one light like that.
I used the DS XTE 100 for one plant and it game out great, it couldn't get more then a foot tall really but I got around the same yield, 1 oz.

Your next stuff is probably going nuts with all that air and mylar.

Offlineefarley
LED Grower
Re: First Harvest, Mega Jackpot, 29 grams grown under LED [Re: Mof]
    #792820 - 09/07/15 06:30 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mof said:
That's pretty good looking, I could never imagine four plants under one light like that.
I used the DS XTE 100 for one plant and it game out great, it couldn't get more then a foot tall really but I got around the same yield, 1 oz.

Your next stuff is probably going nuts with all that air and mylar.

Oh yeah it's loving the new room. I'm going to increase the air even more to try and eliminate my A/C for my next grow and switch to a SCROG setup so I can space the lighting better. I'll also only be doing 2 plants instead of 4 and using a RDWC so I should get much more consistency between the plants. I have a few other rooms changes I want to make but their mostly just for my convenience. It's definitely a huge improvement from the closet I grew this in.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder