Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEarlCaliDank
Stranger
200W COB Led grow ( flowering ) 2x 3000k 1x 3500k 1x 5000k blue
    #791015 - 08/27/15 07:37 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Hey fellas, I wanted to build my own Cree cxa/cxb or Bridgelux Cob led light. Unfortunately I was unexperienced and I didnt know where to buy from. Most uninfortunate thing for me was that, I was short on money. I found this company led by accident and talked to them and they recommended me their cob light. I wasnt impressed firstly but then they said they can costumize the spectrum and the led chips, which was to me close enough  to DIY led light. So I costumized my spectrum and bought the light for them for pretty reasonable prices. Its  4x 50w cob 2x 3000k, 1x 3500k and one 5000k they are running on 50/60hrtz frequency, UL OutVoltage : 24-36V DC,
Output Current: 1.6A. Current pictures which I will be updating are of my clones which was vegged under 4 t5s and little bit of daylight. I think its a good light for a first indoor growh. It is really bright. I got some problems during vegging with spider mites but for now Its all better. Hope you enjoy this log guys.
I dont want to promote or advertise anything by any means but If somebody would like check the specs of the light or  want to buy similar light with costumized spectrum for fairly cheap price, here is the link
http://www.ecosunlite.com/e_productshow/?51-COB-LED-4-51.html

They want to produce cree cob lights with liquid cooling which  I thought might help all the people of the community.
Peace out
Earl
I will be updating regurarly. As you can see I updated the tent with some mylar  foil for more reflection. Sorry for the quality of  pics but the light is very bright.
Btw do somebody know how to update vids securely?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblehobowizard
growling grower

Loc: Baltic region
Re: 200W COB Led grow ( flowering ) 2x 3000k 1x 3500k 1x 5000k blue [Re: EarlCaliDank]
    #792558 - 09/05/15 07:09 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

take some clones  :laugh:

--------------------
Feeling real good

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: 200W COB Led grow ( flowering ) 2x 3000k 1x 3500k 1x 5000k blue [Re: hobowizard]
    #792627 - 09/06/15 06:34 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

He has clones. did ya read it?

Nice work homes

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

Offlineloco801
Stranger

Re: 200W COB Led grow ( flowering ) 2x 3000k 1x 3500k 1x 5000k blue [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #792690 - 09/06/15 04:55 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

How much did the light cost you? I want to get led lights but most are incredibly expensive. Also how did you get the spectrum to be good for veg? or flower?

OfflineEarlCaliDank
Stranger
Re: 200W COB Led grow ( flowering ) 2x 3000k 1x 3500k 1x 5000k blue [Re: loco801]
    #793271 - 09/12/15 03:34 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Im back here guys, sorry been little busy here. So I got  2x photo updates.
These are iced grapefruit clones. They are grown in the coco/perlite. But they kind of overgrown the substrate, its not that airy as before. I mean the roots overtake it all, its hard to touch. Did somebody got problems with spider mites? I dont know if the rootball is f/cked or the mites are eating it but a lot of lower leafs just yellowing then drying untill they are crispy, then fall of. Been spraying them with neem a lot. This light was costum spec for mostly flowering, prices may vary it depends on where are you located and what chips with what spectrum do you use. Email them and you get the best answer. I hope this grow will end up good. This is strictly for medicinal purpose. Even when I love to smoke good bud like this Im maded a decision to leave it to person which really needs it, so I will make ointment from that and coco infused oil.
oeric mckenna, thanks b wish I would have a opportunity to grow some landraces someday. 

Edited by EarlCaliDank (09/12/15 09:22 AM)

OfflineEarlCaliDank
Stranger
Re: 200W COB Led grow ( flowering ) 2x 3000k 1x 3500k 1x 5000k blue [Re: EarlCaliDank]
    #793274 - 09/12/15 05:55 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

#793335 - 09/12/15 09:07 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

How much did those units cost you?  Every place I saw that had the prices listed were charging almost 8x the amount that the parts cost.  I'm gunna build myself a couple of fixtures running around 200w each at 3500k for all 4 lights.  I'm curious to see how yours does with the mixed lights.

InvisibleAGrower
Hydroponic Enthusiast

Re: 200W COB Led grow ( flowering ) 2x 3000k 1x 3500k 1x 5000k blue [Re: cheezymold]
    #794627 - 09/26/15 09:18 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I feel like you should not flower with your bright white lights for the most bud production;

Plants use light for several purposes, including the regulation of life processes such as the initiation of flowering. But the most amazing thing that they do with light is photosynthesis, the process that provides foundation for most of life on Earth. Plats use photosynthesis to power the process of making sugar (C6H12O6) from water (H2O) and carbon dioxide (CO2). Plants also use it to convert the sugars they make into starches and then into complex molecules such as cellulose. Add some nitrogen atoms, and you get nucleic acids and amino acids, the building blocks of all proteins.

Plants draw the energy they need from light across a spectrum broader than the human eye can see, from 400 nm (blue light) to 730 nm (red). Plants do different things with different wavelengths of light. Understanding the differences can help the careful cultivator that the plants are getting everything they need to thrive.

For photosynthesis, light energy is captured by chlorophylls A and B primarily from the red and blue portion of the spectrum. Light absorption by chlorophyll A peaks at 430 nm in the blue band and 622 in the red, and chlorophyll B peaks at 453 nm in the blue and 642 nm in the orange-red bands. Chlorophyll synthesis peaks at 435 nm and 445 nm in the blue spectrum and 640 nm and 675 nm in the red wavelengths.

Chlorophyll is not the only light-sensitive part of the plant. Carotenoids, are a group of orange pigments that capture light in the blue portion of the spectrum, primarily at about 450 nm in the blue spectrum and 475 nm in the blue-green range. Carotenoids not only contribute to photosynthesis but also protect the chlorophyll from excess light that could have destructive effects.

Anthocyanin and other flavonoid pigments also absorb blue and UV light to protect chlorophyll from photo-destruction.
  Another pigment that appears to play a role in plant health is xanthophyll. This yellow pigment capture light in the range from 400-530 nm, but is usually hidden from our view by the green of chlorophyll. If a leaf loses its chlorophyll-because of a nitrogen deficiency, for instance-xanthophyll's bright yellow color becomes apparent. Xanthophyll has several functions. First, it acts as a light and heat regulator. At dawn, it is in its low-energy form, violaxanthin, which has peak reactions to light at 480 nm and 648 nm. As the light increases to levels that might hurt the thylakoids and lead to photo-oxidation of the chlorophyll molecules, violaxanthin siphons off the excess energy of photons, using them to create its high-energy form, zeaxanthin. When light intensity decreases, the zeaxanthin returns to its low energy state, violaxanthin, in a cycle that can take anywhere from s few minutes to several hours. These chemical processes enable plants to cool themselves during lighted periods and to stay warm during cool nights. Plants bank energy during the day and release it at night by shifting xanthophyll to its low-energy form, releasing heat. During the day, some of the light energy may also be transferred to chlorophyll by releasing an electron to be used for photosynthesis. Other plant pigments also gather energy from spectrums not used by chlorophyll. Neoxanthin, lutein, and zeaxanthin each transfer more than half the energy they gather to chlorophyll.

In addition to using light for energy, plants use it to regulate growth.
  Plants use blue light to determine what direction to grow, an effort called phototropism and heliotropism (solar tracking).
  Whether stems are elongated or stout is also determined by light. Far-red promotes elongation.; red and blue promote stout stems.
  Red and far-red play a role in controlling flowering and other developmental processes red light at 680 nm stops plants from flowering. Far-red light at 730 nm just beyond visible red on the spectrum, promotes flowering in the absence of red light.

UVA ligh is at the wavelength of the invisible portion of emissions from black-lights. Its helps reverse damage done to plant DNA by UVB light, as well as stimulating the production of anthocyanin and other flavonoids.

UVB light affects the potency of high-quality plants. The amount of THC  a plant produces increases as it receives more UVB light. This light can be provided to indoor plants with proper lighting. Outdoors, the amount of UVB light is highest at the beginning of summer. By late September, the amount is a fraction of summer levels. (For more information on using UVB light to increase potency, see Flowering.) In humans, UVB causes tanning and sunburn.

UVC is germicidal; the sterilizing light is used in some hydroponic systems (see Hydroponics). It is harmful to humans and other animals.

Since lumens, lux, candles, and foot-candles are all measures of light in the narrow range of human sensitivity, they don't accurately measure all the light to which plants are sensitive.

The better measure of light in relationship to its usefulness to plants is Photosynthetically Active Radiation (PAR), which includes the range from 400-700 nm. PAR is typically measured in terms of how many total photons reach an area. The units for measuring it are typically expressed in millionths of a mole per square meter per second (чmol/sqmsq m/s), with full sunlight registering at about 2,000 чmol/sq m/s, depending on latitude and season.

Nonetheless, PAR measurements do not measure far-red and UV light. Nor do they take into account the differences in how the plants absorb and use various wavelengths. For example, plants use light in the red range almost as efficiently as blue light, though blue light is more expensive to produce. Still, PAR is a more meaningful measure than the others.

You need Red, orange-red, Far-red, blue & blue-green bands for flowering.

Marijuana uses the hormone phytochrome, which has 2 states (Pfr)-the inactive & (Pr)-active, which it switches to after 2 hours of dark, but the energy it uses active has to be gained inactive which is done in the red spectrum of light @ 666 nanometers on the wavelength scale.

Im not saying using the white would be horrible for you to finish with but;

One last bit on information:

PGMENT ABSORBTION SPECTRUM: The three main pigments that capture most of the light used for photosynthesis are forms of chlorophyll, A and B and Beta-Carotene. They are most efficient at capturing light in various wavelengths of the Red & Blue bands. They are not efficient in the green & yellow light.

ACTIVE PHOTOSYNTHESIS SPECTRUM: The active photosynthesis spectrum gets most of its energy in the red and blue light. However the drop-off of efficiency of use of light for photosynthesis in the orange, yellow, and green bands is not as great as would be expected if only chlorophyll and carotene were considered. Light in these wavelengths is harvested by other pigment (called accessory pigments) that transfer the energy to chlorophyll.

<Take information and make your own decision^v

Since you like LEDs check this page: http://truthlighting.com/products/indoor ; They also have specially designed modules for different jobs, even 1 full spectrum type. Washington DCs Hydro shop promote and seem to love them. To me LED is like the Hydroponics of Lighting. Especially with all the custom lighting spectrums. TRUTH is my favorite.

P.S. If anything, i hope you enjoyed a good read of facts :thumbup:

InvisibleAGrower
Hydroponic Enthusiast

Re: 200W COB Led grow ( flowering ) 2x 3000k 1x 3500k 1x 5000k blue [Re: cheezymold]
    #794630 - 09/26/15 09:21 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

plants are looking great so far, keep it up :thumbup: :thumbup:

OfflineEarlCaliDank
Stranger
Re: 200W COB Led grow ( flowering ) 2x 3000k 1x 3500k 1x 5000k blue [Re: AGrower]
    #795236 - 09/29/15 04:29 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

It costs me about 220 usd. 
Agrower thx for the info, but honestly I dont believe the science no more. Just look what bridgelux or cree warm bright lights can produce. Its completely mind bending when you compare it to the full spectrum and purple led lights ( the colorful ones).

InvisibleAGrower
Hydroponic Enthusiast

#795238 - 09/29/15 04:42 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Hm I guess I only know what Ed Rosenthal has taught me. The purple comes from all the spectrums combining though. over 200Lumens per watt aswell..
MH=150LPW@1000w a 150w is less, but LED are practically 1.5x better in reading under all light measurement meters, except the visible (what we see lite in rooms) but MH&HPS don't have as much of the actual light plants use compared to LEDs, and ya they seem brighter but only 10-20% of the light from MH&HPS go to plant cell production, LED is 60%+

because LED has all bands, the others are limited that's why people veg MH flower HPS, LED promotes both. So much so that LED leaves are darker. Read some of the Journals ive been working on, it explains a lot.

InvisibleAGrower
Hydroponic Enthusiast

Re: 200W COB Led grow ( flowering ) 2x 3000k 1x 3500k 1x 5000k blue [Re: AGrower]
    #795239 - 09/29/15 04:44 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

But MH is high in UVB which increases thc potency. HPS is good for flowering. Im not knocking either. and Monthly or annual cost savings has nothing to do with why I use LED over all others :p

Your crops look great keep doing what your doing

Invisiblehobowizard
growling grower

Loc: Baltic region
Re: 200W COB Led grow ( flowering ) 2x 3000k 1x 3500k 1x 5000k blue [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #796856 - 10/14/15 10:29 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

oeric mckenna said:
He has clones. did ya read it?

Nice work homes

oh yeah  :awejeez:

--------------------
Feeling real good

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate