Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSamhainJ
ugggh bud rot!
    #792365 - 09/04/15 08:21 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

So I checked my plants this morning, after not doing so for two days and my densest, heaviest yielding(of course..) Plant had a large bud with a dime sized brown spot on it.. After some quick research I cut the spot out along with about half a inch of green healthy looking bud for good measure.
Now I am continuing to read up on it, and I have seen others state that the whole bud needs to be chopped because the mold starts at the stem.. Do I need to chop the whole thing? The area with rot didnt smell like anything other than the rest of the bud..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ugggh bud rot! [Re: SamhainJ]
    #792366 - 09/04/15 10:26 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

You can leave it but then you are taking a chance cause if there are any other spores on that bud and they get caught up in the air because of a fan or a breeze it can spread to other buds and that can spread like wild fire if it gets a chance. The grayish greenish shit doesn't spread as bad but the brown rot can be a problem fast.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineSamhainJ
Re: ugggh bud rot! [Re: Magash]
    #792367 - 09/04/15 10:57 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I cut out all the brown and some surrounding bud.. Decided to leave the rest of it as its a pretty large cola. If it has spores on it wouldn't the other buds already have mold spores on them? The plant has 5 large colas, only one was effected. If it comes back on the same bud I'll chop that cola but is there anything I can do to protect the other large buds? I didn't have a very good season and I'm relying on this plant for the majority of my smoke this fall.. Its got 5 buds about 3 inches in diameter and about 9-13 inches long each hope I don't lose them
:frown:

OfflineSamhainJ
    #792369 - 09/04/15 10:59 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Also the buds have a ton of leaf surrounding em.. Would trimming the sugar leaf off help with aeration, its very thick with foliage on the buds..

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
    #792386 - 09/04/15 12:40 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Trying anything you feel would help is better than losing it...

There are different molds but also "blossom end rot" in late flower, stemming from a cal deficiency.

Id chop that bud off entirely if it were mine...

The remedy for molds of any kind in the mold industry is eucalyptus oil but you cant spray your buds with that!

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ugggh bud rot! [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #792395 - 09/04/15 07:18 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

. If it has spores on it wouldn't the other buds already have mold spores on them?

Not if that's the bud that started the problem and the spores haven't spread yet.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineSamhainJ
Re: ugggh bud rot! [Re: Magash]
    #792415 - 09/04/15 10:53 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I decided to just chop it bc I've been worrying about it all day.. The Nug was pretty heavy after trimming it and has no signs of mold on it.. If it doesn't mold again during drying and curing is it okay to smoke??

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
    #792434 - 09/05/15 04:47 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Yup

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: ugggh bud rot! [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #792643 - 09/06/15 08:31 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I use this once a week from about mid-flower until the end. It smells horrible but doesnt affect the taste of the cured buds at all. I had a problem with the most dense buds starting to rot in a couple spots at the end a couple grows ago so I did this last grow (same strain) and there were no signs of rot at all.

http://www.amazon.com/Bayer-Advanced-Serenade-Concentrate-32-Ounce/dp/B000FOKXBW

--------------------
:firecum:

OfflineSamhainJ
Re: ugggh bud rot! [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #793044 - 09/09/15 11:14 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

I've found tiny spots on 4 of the 5 large colas, but cut em out or cut top half's of buds off and seem to have the problem under control now.. Will buds continue to grow if you cut the tops off or should I just harvest the whole plant? Its maybe two weeks from where I wanted it

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale