Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

Happy frog *DELETED*
    #781105 - 06/05/15 05:31 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by richismalls

Reason for deletion: Cuz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Happy frog [Re: richismalls] * 1
    #781108 - 06/05/15 06:48 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Depends on plant size, pot size, how old the plants are going to get. You left way to many things open to give a accurate answer. Happy Frog is killer soil though.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

Re: Happy frog [Re: Magash]
    #781110 - 06/05/15 06:58 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Well I'm going to start in solo cups and then transfer to maybe gallons for the rest of their 30 day veg, or until they are a foot tall, I won't let them veg for long at all cause my tent is only 7 feet tall. Depending on the strain They should run an approximate 60 day flower. I was hoping to finish in a 5 gallon pot.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Happy frog [Re: richismalls]
    #781111 - 06/05/15 07:10 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah what you have planned out will work fine.

I've done cups the whole way and 1 gallons.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#781113 - 06/05/15 07:31 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Is there anything I can use for a boost late in flower? Or does that not matter?

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#781114 - 06/05/15 07:32 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Very nice pics btw

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #781136 - 06/05/15 11:39 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

richismalls said:
Is there anything I can use for a boost late in flower? Or does that not matter?

If your trying to keep things organic you can use bat guano as a boost if organics isn't a worry there are a ton of bud boosters on the market. I like the ones by Fox Farm or General Hydroponics.

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#781140 - 06/06/15 06:45 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

That should be more than enough food for several plants/grows

I don't know if this is the best option, but what I do is put a few pinches of organic food in the soil near the bottom of the planter so the roots discover pockets of food. Then I mostly just use water with 1 light feeding in veg and 1 or 2 in flower using like 1/8 - 1/4 of the recommended organic feeding amount. I don't know Happy frogs application amounts but usually with organic dry food they want you to feed a lot, like 1 or 2 cups per Gal or somehting that seems like way too much to me. So far I've only had 1 strain that showed any signs of wanting more food. I'm still learning a lot, but I'm liking this mostly water organic method I'm using atm.

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

Re: Happy frog [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #781160 - 06/06/15 10:00 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

thanks for the help you two! I normally use "sweet raw" when I water also. Is that still ok to use?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #781167 - 06/06/15 11:40 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

richismalls said:
thanks for the help you two! I normally use "sweet raw" when I water also. Is that still ok to use?

Yeah that's fine

--------------------

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#781294 - 06/07/15 07:35 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I also see that happy frog has dolomitic lime in it, do you know if that is enough to keep away a Cal mag deficiency?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Happy frog [Re: richismalls] * 1
    #781295 - 06/07/15 07:44 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I never worried about cal/mag deficiency in soil. That is some of the most overblown bullshit in growing.

--------------------

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#781300 - 06/07/15 08:05 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

So before I do this its ok to mix happy frog flower n bloom in with my soil as opposed to top-scratch?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #781305 - 06/07/15 09:19 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

That I can't answer I haven't use anything Happy Frog other then the soil.

--------------------

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

#781688 - 06/11/15 09:08 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I use happy frog for seedlings and younger plants. once they get a bit older or before I go to flower I'll replant into ocean forest soil (same company as HF). Sometimes when they're still in small pots during veg I'll actually do 50/50 hf/oc.
Ocean forest will kill seedlings because it's too hot on nutrients.

Just a couple days ago I replanted my ladies from 2.5g of happy frog to 5gal buckets of ocean forest. :thumbup:

My understanding is that it has a better nutrient profile for flowering, Oeric Mckenna might be able to tell you more than me since this is something I read from him.

as far as later-flower bloom enhancers I hear a lot of good things about beastie blooms but I know nothing about it and don't want to recommend anything I myself am still doing basic research on. I was going to pick up a bottle of it two days ago when I was at the store but wanted to read more on it.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
    #781693 - 06/11/15 10:24 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
I never worried about cal/mag deficiency in soil. That is some of the most overblown bullshit in growing.

exact opposite in my experience!!! i've ALWAYS needed to add CalMag to my water whether RO water or tap water. it's the only deficiency i EVER got, once i bought and started using calmag it never happened again, recently had to bump the calmag up on my Pre 98s because they were showing signs of mag deficiency. pre 98s are super hungry for it, unlike any of my other plants.

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Happy frog [Re: SleepAid]
    #781694 - 06/11/15 10:28 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SleepAid said:
Ocean forest will kill seedlings because it's too hot on nutrients.

ive heard this said a lot, but i've never experienced it. i've germinated quite a few seeds before, and i've always used ocean forest except one mistake with roots organics, fuck that shit.

recently germinated 3 SFV OG seeds, put em straight into ocean forest, 2 took off, doing great, one mutant plant is growing a lot slower, burned slightly at first and grew out of it in a few days. :shrug:

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: Happy frog [Re: CrushNazT]
    #781703 - 06/11/15 12:32 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Not sure what to say, I didn't have as good of luck going straight into OF and there's been other posts on here with the same problem using it for seedlings so I just wanted to mention it.
Good to know you've had some success, that makes me less hesitant to put really small plants straight into it.

Quote:

CrushNazT said:
Quote:

Magash said:

exact opposite in my experience!!! i've ALWAYS needed to add CalMag to my water whether RO water or tap water. it's the only deficiency i EVER got, once i bought and started using calmag it never happened again, recently had to bump the calmag up on my Pre 98s because they were showing signs of mag deficiency. pre 98s are super hungry for it, unlike any of my other plants.

I also had to use cal mag plus to correct deficiencies when using just Happy Frog. I also use RO water.

That was actually my first topic here was in doctors dignosis trying to figure out why my plants were turning yellow.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#781789 - 06/12/15 11:21 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Does anyone know if I mix in the happy frog fertilizer with my soil when I transfer to my flowering pots?

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#781790 - 06/12/15 11:25 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

For clarification I have happy frog potting soil mix and happy frog fruit and flower dry fertilizer. I'm assuming I use my soil as sort of a "base" and then add the proper nutrients for flowering

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies