Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerekcah
The Rekcah
 User Gallery
plant stretching and bite marks
    #780789 - 06/01/15 11:51 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Hey guys, very new to the community. Been lurking a bit reading alot trying to get ready for my attempt. I was kinda pushed into it a bit sooner then i wanted, but a friend had one and it was dying so he gave it to me and it became my rescue. I call it my precious because i am kinda obsessing over it.
My room is sitting at 27*c, very well vented, and 50 - 60% humidity depending on weather. I am using one 300watt bulb with a heat-temp of 2700k pumping out 5500 lumens. I know im supposed to use 6500k for veg but due to budget i havn't been able to get them yet. I suspect this might be a small part of my stretching problem. I am using aerated water with a bit of vinegar to bring the ph to hopefully acceptable levels. I know my water PH is 8.4 out of the tap, but i don't have a tester, again budget. So i add 1 tablespoon of vinegar per 4 liters. Not using any nutrients yet. my plant doesn't appear to be nutrient locked due to PH so i guess im close enough with the PH. I will get a PHmeter the second i have money i know its very important.
Anyway its going fairly well but i have two concerns. First there seems to be some stretching and i am wondering if i am going something wrong or if this is normal or what i can do to minimize it. Considering its an indica (right? lol) i thought it was supposed to be shorter and bushier then sativa. But as you will be able to see in the pictures I post the first three nodes are close together, then there is 3.5 inches between the 3rd and 4th node, then 3 inches between the 4th and 5th node. Then the 6th node come quickly after the 5th, which is where i topped it. as you can see here.

http://

My second concern is there bite like looking marks on my leaves. Plant still looks fairly healthy ( to me ) but these are concerning. I will attach pictures. I spend a fair bit of time examining it but havn't seen any critters crawling on it or anything like that. I had a white mold on my topsoil for a day or two. But i let it dry out real good before i watered it again in it was gone in two days.

any guesses?
thanks in advance!

Rekcah

--------------------
Rekcah

May the force be ever in your favor. Mr Potter

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerekcah
The Rekcah
 User Gallery

Re: plant stretching and bite marks [Re: rekcah]
    #780830 - 06/02/15 03:26 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

bump? no one has any reply at all?

--------------------
Rekcah

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#781066 - 06/05/15 07:12 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

It breaks my heart when someone tops a plant. 

I will pray for your salvation.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: plant stretching and bite marks [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #781255 - 06/07/15 09:49 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

How close are your lights to the top of the plant?

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: plant stretching and bite marks [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #781374 - 06/08/15 01:11 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

It sounds like budgrowerwannabe is onto your leaves. Once you come back to answer him, take a moment to browse this article.

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/vegetative-cycle/162916-fimming-vs-topping.html

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Offlinerekcah
The Rekcah
 User Gallery

Re: plant stretching and bite marks [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #781665 - 06/10/15 11:40 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

my lights are 9 inches from the top of my plant. With my hand on the top of my plant its mildly warm.

I am making many mistakes for various reasons, i know that. But I am working hard and reading lots to correct my path.

one side note is i actually have two 300W lights a ballasts pumping out 5500 lumens each. But I am dealing with very hot weather that is making keeping a consistent temperature very difficult. So i have resorted to turning off one of my lights during very hot weather. This might be the cause of many of my problems. Currently looking into solutions for this heat problem. Also in two months the weather will drop to incredibly low temps for the winter and i will need to either change my outdoor intake vent to an indoor vent or solve in some other manner.

much to do... much to do...

Also i read the guide of topping vs fimming you posted and thank you. This was the first cut i made to a plant and knew there would be some adjusting involved. I am thinking of Fimming the two new colas that formed as a result of the topping. Not sure if my stalk is strong enough to support it though.

--------------------
Rekcah

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#781667 - 06/11/15 12:39 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

get an ac for your temp. Thats the only wayb i can keep my room at 70 all year.

You can top/fim as many times as you like. Just remember ever top you do two or more replace it.

This plant was top a few times!

http://

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
    #781681 - 06/11/15 07:15 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

GoonerHeClips said:

...why?

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: plant stretching and bite marks [Re: CrushNazT]
    #781727 - 06/11/15 04:58 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Because he doesn't know what the hell he's doing

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

Re: plant stretching and bite marks [Re: CrushNazT]
    #781788 - 06/12/15 11:08 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

CrushNazT said:
Quote:

GoonerHeClips said:

...why?

Because Supercropping is easy, and works great at lowering height while keeping your top.  The bent stem if done right will grow into a fat node that makes for more support as well as production.  Why chop your top off?  Height?  Branching?  Because you have clippers and are a gooner and gooners clip?

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #781809 - 06/12/15 03:38 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

There is absolutely no problem with topping.  Some plants absolutely love it, while at the same time not reacting as well to super cropping.  It all depends on the strain.  Personally in prefer a combination of topping and lst, but again that depends on what tpstrain I'm growing and how they respond

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

Re: plant stretching and bite marks [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #782580 - 06/20/15 12:46 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:
There is absolutely no problem with topping.  Some plants absolutely love it, while at the same time not reacting as well to super cropping.  It all depends on the strain.  Personally in prefer a combination of topping and lst, but again that depends on what tpstrain I'm growing and how they respond

Here's a "theory" that I have zero backing for.  Indica plants being shorter and stockier and in more difficult climes, probably will respond better to topping for a number of reasons versus supercropping.  They likely have more threat from being munched on by animals than a taller sativa growing in a lush environment.  As such, they are forced to respond to topping and bush out in order to survive that along with probably more arid and colder/hotter climes than sativa grown in humid temperate climes.  The sativa would seem to respond better to the problems of growing tall with handling and responding to supercropping.  As the height can lead to bending by the weight of the plant alone, it is "designed" to handle growing too tall and getting bent over by weight wind or whatever by not only surviving but by thriving with being supercropped.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck