Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Re: Could space orbit have a positive effect on cannabis seeds? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #780581 - 05/30/15 10:42 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Well its hawks fault

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKarmikal
The Engineer

Loc: Spaceship Factory
Re: Could space orbit have a positive effect on cannabis seeds? [Re: SmokeSomeHash] * 1
    #780666 - 05/31/15 07:40 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I remember lolla 93 (sort-of :blazed: ).  I was at the NC show, killer lineup. 

Anyway, I think China has been exposing seeds of various types to cosmic radiation by sending them up with satellite rockets for many years and has found some interesting effects like increased growth rates.  One particular commercially available entheogenic crop sent up was the Blue Lotus which is available as the "space" strain for considerably more money.  Not sure about cannabis though - imagine how much they will make from selling space-pot seeds even if exposure to cosmic radiation doesn't really yield any useful mutative differences...

An excerpt from a Chinese news site:

"More than 100 lotus flowers from seeds flown in outer space will debut in the first Shanghai Lotus Festival on July 15 in Dongping National Forest Park on Chongming Island.

The "space lotus seeds" traveled in space with China's first manned space vehicle Shenzhou V in 2003. The China Flower Association provided them to the lotus festival in Shanghai, said Fan Jie, a spokesman of the festival committee."

"China's space-breeding started in 1987, and so far has put more than 400 kinds of crop seeds into space, including cucumbers, carrots and lettuce."

--------------------
Opinions WILL vary!

This is all just an internet fantasy, ruse, delusion, fabrication etc...

Edited by Karmikal (05/31/15 07:45 PM)

OfflineChalupacabra
Stranger

Re: Could space orbit have a positive effect on cannabis seeds? [Re: SmokeSomeHash]
    #780953 - 06/03/15 09:31 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SmokeSomeHash said:
Your sig is the worst ever. Hopefully you dont feel the hostility and get run off by drawde like that other dude.

No Worries.I don't feel internet hostility.No one can fuck with my peace.I'll change my sig if that makes everyone feel warm and cozy.

Botanicals in space: In space, you're essentially dealing with a void full of nothing.No nutrients,no oxygen,no light,no water.So...if it's then solely a question of gravity,I give you this.Seeds need gravity to drop the radicle...and get the shoots down to the nutes and H20.Seeds are genetically programmed for this.Ummmm...That's all I got.

Anti-gravity is awesome...to a point.

--------------------
Just trippin' and laughin' at the crap

Edited by Chalupacabra (06/03/15 09:46 PM)

InvisibleKarmikal
The Engineer

Loc: Spaceship Factory
Re: Could space orbit have a positive effect on cannabis seeds? [Re: Chalupacabra] * 1
    #780960 - 06/03/15 10:14 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

There are TONS of various types of radiation in space that earth is shielded from via the ionosphere/ozone.  There definitely exists a great potential for mutations in any life that is exposed to cosmic radiation.  At least that's what I've read...

--------------------
Opinions WILL vary!

This is all just an internet fantasy, ruse, delusion, fabrication etc...

Offlinesulbones
Stranger
Male
Loc: Beantown Flag
Re: Could space orbit have a positive effect on cannabis seeds? [Re: Karmikal]
    #802256 - 12/27/15 11:21 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

i agree. a waste of time. but for science now they'll know. i believe they've brought other types of seed to the space station but to grow. i don't think they'll ever grow cannabis up there.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules