Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
moving a plant from indoor to outdoor, 2weeks into flowering, issues?
    #779977 - 05/26/15 04:03 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/779976#779976

I asked in my journal so I just linked my question here.  :thumbup:

summer just started here and theres about 16+hrs of sunlight now, my plant has been on 12/12 for 2 weeks now and is too tall for my indoor area so I have to move it outdoors.. 

will the light change stress it out or just make it take longer to finish?  :confused2:

thanx :super:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: moving a plant from indoor to outdoor, 2weeks into flowering, issues? [Re: 13buds]
    #779979 - 05/26/15 04:22 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Get some string and tie that monster down!! I bet you get all kinds of room!! Thats what i would do I wouldnt want bit to reveg.

my 2 cents.

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Re: moving a plant from indoor to outdoor, 2weeks into flowering, issues? [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #779981 - 05/26/15 04:38 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

:icouldjusteatyou:

looks like Im going to have sore fingers trying to crush these stems to bend in the right spots.  I hate supercropping.  :hehehe:

:ohwell:  it does seem like the best option at this point.. 

I normally dont let my plants get this big to flower but this was a mother b4 I lolly popped it and ran into this issue..  :wow:

:stoner:

--------------------
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: moving a plant from indoor to outdoor, 2weeks into flowering, issues? [Re: 13buds]
    #779983 - 05/26/15 05:32 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Might not have to bend/cruch all them ,Maybe just tie down really tight.

But be careful not to snap the wood stems!

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #779992 - 05/26/15 08:22 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

13buds said:

summer just started here and theres about 16+hrs of sunlight now, my plant has been on 12/12 for 2 weeks now and is too tall for my indoor area so I have to move it outdoors.. 

will the light change stress it out or just make it take longer to finish?  :confused2:

Putting them outside will make then reveg.  Just bend the tops down with twine, fishing line etc.  We're not talking about super cropping here.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: moving a plant from indoor to outdoor, 2weeks into flowering, issues? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #779995 - 05/26/15 09:09 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

yep Thats what i was was talking about hawk! Thanks for making it clearer.

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Re: moving a plant from indoor to outdoor, 2weeks into flowering, issues? [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #780014 - 05/26/15 11:46 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

ok, I get that but to bend them down enough to be able to grow buds and be out of the heat from the light I have to bend them under where I lollypopped it.  all that is really woody and I dont think it will do well with bending..  :shrug:

Ive busted thinner branches b4 so Im really concerned about this one.. 

Ive pushed the branches down but its nowhere near the clearance I need to finish.  LST just wont give me the clearance I need :smirk:

now Im nervous.  :twitchy:

sorry just ranting.. :blazed:

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #780017 - 05/26/15 12:09 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Then you're going to have to get them in a room with more space, or revert outside.

The other option could be to cover them street putting them outside do they get the appropriate amount of light and dark hours

--------------------

-niteowl

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Re: moving a plant from indoor to outdoor, 2weeks into flowering, issues? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #780024 - 05/26/15 12:59 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

damn it...  well a bigger room is out, if I had that I wouldnt be in this mess :hehehe:

and of course its storming outside right now.. 

my thumb is sore from trying to pinch the branches to get them to bend over.  still havent got one to get soft enough to bend.  :bongload:

this could take all day long...  :banghead:

next time I just clone the fuck out of any mother I want to flower till shes got no more to clone instead of this dumb ass move.  :wow:

:thanx: guys  :greenthumb::leafsmoke:

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #780035 - 05/26/15 02:01 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

It doesn't really sound like you know how to LST dude.  Your things door as Hell shouldn't be sore. 

Take the very top of the plant, tie a piece of twine to it, preferably synthetic material, then gently pull out to the side.  Kind of like a lateral growing branch.  As the growing tip continues to grow, you continue to tie it down. 

Make sure you don't tie the twine/fishing line, whatever you choose to pose to tight.  You want room for the branches to grow width wise

--------------------

-niteowl

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#780037 - 05/26/15 03:24 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

cus Im not LSTing it, more of a supercrop :hehehe:

Im putting 90* bends in the main branches to get the horizontal growth, opening up the center of the plant moving the overall height down out of the heat.  :super:

this plant has many many tops, its been topped several times.  :smirk:

I know how to lst, Ive used scrog nets on my dwcs, its just LST wasnt doing enough. :shrug:

I have to almost crush the stem to get it to bend, it should knuckle up.  :thumbup:

:stoned:

--------------------

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#780109 - 05/27/15 09:28 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

:epicfailguy:  :failboat:

--------------------

InvisibleAGrower
Hydroponic Enthusiast

#794901 - 09/28/15 08:24 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:
Quote:

13buds said:

Putting them outside will make then reveg.  Just bend the tops down with twine, fishing line etc.  We're not talking about super cropping here.

PHOTOPERIODISM IN MARIJUANA
  The term short-day is something of a misnomer; what marijuana needs is a sufficiently long night.
  Marijuana flowers only if it has been kept into he dark for at least 9-11.5 hours depending on variety, this critical light period occurs for 5-7 days consecutively.
  Interruption of an otherwise long night by red light (666 nm) prevents flowering unless it is followed by irradiation with far-red (730 nm) light.
  An intense exposure to far-red light at the start of the night reduces the dark re-requirement by two hours. These responses are mediated by phytochrome.

Phytochrome exists in two inter-convertible forms-
  Pr because it absorbs red (R; 660 nm) light;
  Pfr because it absorbs far-red (FR; 730 nm) light

These are the relationships:
  Absorption of red light by Pr converts it into Pfr
  Absorption of far-red light by Pfr converts it into Pr
  In the dark, Pfr spontaneously converts back to Pr over a two hour time period.
  Sunlight is richer in red (660 nm) than far-red (730 nm) light, so at sundown all the phytochrome is Pfr.
  During the night, the Pfr converts back to Pr.
  The Pr form is needed for the release of the flowering signal.

Therefore marijuana needs 9-11.5 hours of darkness for several days of this regimen in which it converts the Pfr present at sundown into Pr to carry out the supplemental reactions leading to the release of the flowering signal.
  If this process is interrupted by a flash of 660 nm light, the Pr is immediately reconverted to Pfr and the night's work is undone

A subsequent exposure to far-red (730 nm) light converts the pigment back to Pr and the steps leading to the release of "florigen" can be completed.
  Exposure to intense far-red light at the beginning of the night sets the clock ahead about two hours or so by eliminating the need for the spontaneous conversion of Pfr.

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Re: moving a plant from indoor to outdoor, 2weeks into flowering, issues? [Re: AGrower]
    #794912 - 09/28/15 11:20 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

thx but that plant was long gone months ago  :hehehe:

--------------------

InvisibleAGrower
Hydroponic Enthusiast

#794915 - 09/28/15 11:47 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

yes, I seen the date. this was added for reference purposes. Now if someone has that issue and searches, if they find this result, they have an actual full factual university studied response covering the topic. Figured it would be more helpful & since my response is based on science, I figured it would be the perfect future reference. If anything, its a pretty good read for future users :tongue:

It does pack information that was not provided by anyone else aswell. I thought you'd enjoy aswell

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies