Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Legislative Proposal to Legalize Cannabis Filed in Louisiana, Would Allow Unlimited Possession * 2
    #773879 - 03/27/15 09:13 AM (9 years, 3 days ago)

Legislation louisiana to legalize recreational cannabis for those 21 and older has been filed in Louisiana’s House of Representatives.
House Bill 117, filed by Representative Dalton Honoré, would explicitly legalize the possession, use and distribution of cannabis for recreational purposes. The measure would establish no specific possession limits, meaning it would legalize the possession of an unlimited amount of cannabis. This is in contrast to many recent legalization efforts, but would put cannabis on the same field of legality as alcohol and tobacco, where any amount is legal to possess.
“Everybody wants to do this, but nobody wants to step forward, and this is why I want to take it to the people to vote,” says Representative Honoré.
Representative Honoré points to success that’s being had with legalization in Colorado; “The studies have shown over the past year that crime has gone down and traffic fatalities have gone down in the state, and Colorado has produced some $44 million from sales and taxes for the State of Colorado”.
According to the latest statistics from the Louisiana Department of Corrections from June 2013, there are 1,372 people serving sentences over marijuana possession charges.
“We still have the mentality to put them in jail, lock them up and throw away the key”, says Representative Honoré. “We incarcerate more persons per thousand than anywhere in the world, in Louisiana”.
House Bill 117 has been assigned to the House Administration of Criminal Justice Committee. If approved into law, the measure would be put to a vote of the people during the 2016 general election ballot.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: Legislative Proposal to Legalize Cannabis Filed in Louisiana, Would Allow Unlimited Possession [Re: SleepAid]
    #773989 - 03/27/15 10:18 PM (9 years, 3 days ago)

wow... thats awesome.

legal to have pounds :cool:

Offlinecgsjames
I like little kids

Re: Legislative Proposal to Legalize Cannabis Filed in Louisiana, Would Allow Unlimited Possession [Re: P-O]
    #774051 - 03/28/15 09:29 AM (9 years, 2 days ago)

Trust me, the police will find some way to fuck this up if it passes.

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://[url=http://files.growery.org/files/g13-50/677457884-myfiles][/ur

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: Legislative Proposal to Legalize Cannabis Filed in Louisiana, Would Allow Unlimited Possession [Re: cgsjames]
    #774084 - 03/28/15 10:44 AM (9 years, 2 days ago)

I don't trust all of these sudden legalization efforts after all of these years of ignorance and prosecution. Something big is coming guys :tinfoil:

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

InvisibleP-O

Re: Legislative Proposal to Legalize Cannabis Filed in Louisiana, Would Allow Unlimited Possession [Re: Sham87]
    #774155 - 03/28/15 02:57 PM (9 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Sham87 said:
I don't trust all of these sudden legalization efforts after all of these years of ignorance and prosecution. Something big is coming guys :tinfoil:

hopefully the end of prohibition of cannabis flowers

Offlinecgsjames
I like little kids

Re: Legislative Proposal to Legalize Cannabis Filed in Louisiana, Would Allow Unlimited Possession [Re: Sham87]
    #774160 - 03/28/15 03:18 PM (9 years, 2 days ago)

I don't know. I feel like its going to change like discrimination has in the U.S. Oooo wait I live in the state who just made it leagal to discriminate on religious grounds. Never mind well probly live in ignorance till we die unfortunately.

InvisibleP-O

Re: Legislative Proposal to Legalize Cannabis Filed in Louisiana, Would Allow Unlimited Possession [Re: cgsjames]
    #774162 - 03/28/15 03:20 PM (9 years, 2 days ago)

the laws have to change with the UN for we see REAL change.  Federal government cant do much until UN allows it

Offlinecgsjames
I like little kids

Re: Legislative Proposal to Legalize Cannabis Filed in Louisiana, Would Allow Unlimited Possession [Re: P-O]
    #774164 - 03/28/15 03:31 PM (9 years, 2 days ago)

LOL U.S petty much whatever the fuck they want anyways. Just look at the Korean war and all the illegal nuke testing they did.

OfflineBruceDabber
Stranger
    #774170 - 03/28/15 04:24 PM (9 years, 2 days ago)

Recreational use should be 18+. If at 18 you are expected to be responsible enough to abide by all laws and are held just as accountable as an adult, I don't see why you would be restricted from cannabis.

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: Legislative Proposal to Legalize Cannabis Filed in Louisiana, Would Allow Unlimited Possession [Re: BruceDabber]
    #774182 - 03/28/15 05:52 PM (9 years, 2 days ago)

Well, you're not expected to be responsible with intoxicants at 18, drinking age is still 21+ in USA.

RMJ is just following suit.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

OfflineBruceDabber
Stranger
Re: Legislative Proposal to Legalize Cannabis Filed in Louisiana, Would Allow Unlimited Possession [Re: SleepAid]
    #774225 - 03/28/15 09:43 PM (9 years, 2 days ago)

Using the word intoxicant really changed the whole perspective. I guess you're right when you say it like that. That does not justify it completely though. Alcohol is the only intoxicant legally consumable. Not a lot of things to compare to. Cannabis 'can' and should be allowed to be treated differently.

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: Legislative Proposal to Legalize Cannabis Filed in Louisiana, Would Allow Unlimited Possession [Re: BruceDabber]
    #774231 - 03/28/15 10:07 PM (9 years, 2 days ago)

That it should be treated differently from alcohol is extremely fair to say. However I wasn't intending to justify it, I was just trying to lend some perspective. Either way, I suppose I'm looking at it from the bias of it's being treated more like alcohol to be an improvement- that might have influenced the way I made the statement.

edit: Besides, I think the 21 age limit is really just a good talking point for marijuana lobbyists. It makes the idea seem a lot less alien to legislators who already may feel iffy about cannabis, much less feeling like they're giving it to what they may well see as kids. The teen in Eighteen sounds a lot louder to some people than others. I'm just glad that it's making any kind of progress. I really didn't expect it to make the major headways it has on this agreeable a time-frame. I expected to be in diapers for my second time before legal marijuana became a reality haha.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Edited by SleepAid (03/28/15 10:22 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order