Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

So what is a safe number of cuttings to take at one time?
    #770920 - 03/04/15 02:56 PM (9 years, 27 days ago)

Pretty much just wondering opinions on a safe number of cuttings to take at once without stressing the mom out too much? She's in a two gallon fabric pot growing in coco and is about 15 weeks old. Very bushy, and very healthy. I want to take as many at once as possible.

--------------------
:firecum:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: So what is a safe number of cuttings to take at one time? [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #770925 - 03/04/15 03:38 PM (9 years, 27 days ago)

You'll probably hear differing opinions on this but personally, if I feel like raping 50 cuttings off a plant I just do it. They're pretty damn tough

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: So what is a safe number of cuttings to take at one time? [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #770928 - 03/04/15 03:47 PM (9 years, 27 days ago)

Right on, I'd like to get at least a dozen off her tonight but dont want to lose her.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: So what is a safe number of cuttings to take at one time? [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #770931 - 03/04/15 04:11 PM (9 years, 27 days ago)

lol......Yeah when I start my mothers are around 5 feet tall. When I'm done taking cuttings and trimming the mothers down to a size that they won't overgrow the veg area by the next time I take cuttings they are about a foot and a half tall. No joke.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: So what is a safe number of cuttings to take at one time? [Re: Magash]
    #770933 - 03/04/15 04:34 PM (9 years, 26 days ago)

Guess I have nothing to worry about then. Thanks guys.

--------------------

Invisiblevinsue
GRAND OLD FART
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #770945 - 03/04/15 07:08 PM (9 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

... If I feel like raping 50 cuttings off a plant I just do it. They're pretty damn tough

Quote:

...trimming the mothers down to a size that they won't overgrow the veg area by the next time I take cuttings...

This post (and replys), was right on time.
I was just thinking about this today.

Do cuttings from the top do better than
cuttings taken from the lower branches?
:growingweed: . . . :peace:

--------------------
" One toke over the line...

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: So what is a safe number of cuttings to take at one time? [Re: vinsue]
    #770949 - 03/04/15 07:47 PM (9 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Do cuttings from the top do better than
cuttings taken from the lower branches?

Yeah that is what they say. They also say the other way around. Wanna know what it is.......it's a load of bullshit. Lower branches or upper branches have more of a certain hormone which is utter bullshit. Take em from the top or the bottom and there all gonna root the same. I've tested this so many times with so many strains I honestly can't count them.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #770960 - 03/04/15 11:12 PM (9 years, 26 days ago)

I get the best results on the parts of the branches that are still soft as opposed to those that have become thick and woody.

Top colas have never rooted well for me, they always seem to take a bit more time than the thinner branches that are right below it. Its still upper branch just not the primary stalk. Not that they won't root, just that they seem to take a bit longer in the aerocloner. And it also seems like if I have a lot of primary branches its less of an issue compared to when I try to clone the single top cola on a plant.

I have developed a preference to not clone those unless I have to. But also, when it does root it can become the largest plant and be disproportionally large compared to the others. I take 20-30 clones to plant 9 in order to select 6 of the best/same sized plants.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: So what is a safe number of cuttings to take at one time? [Re: phychotron]
    #770963 - 03/05/15 12:19 AM (9 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
I get the best results on the parts of the branches that are still soft as opposed to those that have become thick and woody.

Top colas have never rooted well for me, they always seem to take a bit more time than the thinner branches that are right below it. Its still upper branch just not the primary stalk. Not that they won't root, just that they seem to take a bit longer in the aerocloner. And it also seems like if I have a lot of primary branches its less of an issue compared to when I try to clone the single top cola on a plant.

I have developed a preference to not clone those unless I have to. But also, when it does root it can become the largest plant and be disproportionally large compared to the others. I take 20-30 clones to plant 9 in order to select 6 of the best/same sized plants.

For the woody stem cuts split the stem at the bottom for about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch or scrape the side till you get just under the woody part and they will root as fast as the others.

--------------------

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
    #770964 - 03/05/15 12:27 AM (9 years, 26 days ago)

Thats why I have so much trouble cloning my gumdrop strain. its the woodiest thing I've ever seen...
Must be part hemp haha... well its definitely northern.  The only tender parts I usually find are little 2 inch segments which seems to work ok. How tender the stem is, is definitely a factor to consider.

Self confesssing "just in case" overkill clone junkie.

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #770969 - 03/05/15 07:53 AM (9 years, 26 days ago)

I scrape but dont split, tend to get issues when I do.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order