Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibledrawde
National Parks of the U.S.
    #769767 - 02/22/15 12:02 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Have you ever been to any National Parks in the States?
Which ones?
What were your experiences?
Got any pics?

I've only been to one so far, Big Bend in Texas (see dome thread), but I have my eye on visiting others such as Badlands, Yosemite, Zion
The U.S. truly has some beautiful country.

Also, I don't know if there is any credibility to this, but I've heard some radio shows about disappearances of people in National parks and it seems kind of freaky.

http://dcxposed.com/2014/04/27/secret-vanishings-americas-national-parks/

If you know anything about this I'd like to hear about it as well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Re: National Parks of the U.S. [Re: drawde]
    #769769 - 02/22/15 12:29 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I went to the Grand Canyon 15 years ago when I was a kid. It was awesome from what I remember. It was snowing too so that was pretty cool.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: National Parks of the U.S. [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #769771 - 02/22/15 12:47 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Zion and Yosemite are just fucking mind blowing.  Moab is also incredible.  Bryce Canyon is a must as well

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

#769772 - 02/22/15 01:04 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Yosemite is amazing, definitely some of the best scenery in the world. Besides the obvious stuff like waterfalls and granite walls theres also all kinds of beautiful wildflowers and cool mushrooms to find. Another great thing there is you can walk around drinking beer, it's like Vegas but way better because it's not some shithole desert town full of drunk morons and prostitutes (seriously, why the fuck does anyone like that place?). So yea, epic scenery, mushroom hunting, and open containers. :thumbup: :thumbup:

But if you want possible downsides, here are a few:

1: Federal Rangers are assholes. They pretty much like to ruin any fun you try to have. I got federal probation for a tiny bit of weed and a medical card makes no difference there.

2: It's crowded like fucking Disneyland. You won't find privacy anywhere inside the valley, you gotta hike pretty far to get away from everyone.

3: It's very dangerous, especially if you lack common sense. Lots of people die there every year. A few years ago 3 people got swept over Vernal Falls at once because they went over a guardrail for a photo. Respect the rivers. Of course this isn't really a downside if you're not retarded.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: National Parks of the U.S. [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #769773 - 02/22/15 01:07 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Zion: Awesome, I got to hike "The Narrows" which is a very narrow portion of the canyon, forcing you to hike through the river for several miles. It's slow going, and the canyon evolves as the sun rises and its angle changes, so there is always something new to see.

Grand Canyon: Also awesome, North Rim...South Rim...it doesn't matter, the experience will change your perspective on things. It did for me :homerdrool:

Dixie National Forest, Cedar Breaks: Amazing, High altitude plains broken by 5000 y/o lava fields and large washes/canyons. Elk and subalpine lakes are common.

Grand Staircase National Monument: Nice but difficult to find trails and whatnot...I would like to visit this place again after more research.

Bryce Canyon: Awesome but very commercialized. Get there early and take some of the longer trails to avoid the tourist crowds.

All of the above photos were taken within one week, all of these places are within driving distance of Orderville, Utah. The have cabins for rent, and a few small restaurants with great desserts and interesting people.

Pisgah National Forest: I go here all the time, but I live near here. I personally love it, but its not anything near what you can find out west. NC parks are well maintained, well marked, and vary from very easy and crowded to difficult multi-day hikes that are miles from civilization. Dense temperate forests in valleys giving way to sub-alpine forests/meadows in the upper elevations.

I've also been to several state parks and wilderness areas, Humboldt State Park was extremely impressive, but I don't have any photos on this laptop. :shrug:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

Re: National Parks of the U.S. [Re: Data]
    #769775 - 02/22/15 01:14 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

agmotes165 said:
Pisgah National Forest

Oh my, I bet the mushroom hunting is great there.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: National Parks of the U.S. [Re: Mycophile]
    #769777 - 02/22/15 01:20 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Mycophile said:
Quote:

agmotes165 said:
Pisgah National Forest

Oh my, I bet the mushroom hunting is great there.

Its pretty tits at times :cool::thumbup:

--------------------

Invisibledrawde
    #769780 - 02/22/15 01:27 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the awesome pics Agmotes.
I've watched several videos about the Narrows at Zion, would really like to do it.
Would like to see all of those places really.
Pisgah looks amazing. Kind of reminds me of the Adirondacks but it looks like it has its own flavor.

Do you camp a lot? If so what kind of setup do you usually do?

And Myco, thanks for the tips.
No, I don't expect to do anything stupid and get killed but you never know :cookiemonster:
My outdoor experience is pretty high.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#769782 - 02/22/15 02:01 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I backpack occasionally. I have a small 2 person tent & 0 degree F mummy bag, a multi-tool and ultralight hatchet, a single burner stove, a med kit, a medium camp pot with a small mug, and a small towel. If there is no water available on the trail I'll pack a filter (and a pack of water-disinfecting tablets just in case). My pack comes with a 3L reservoir.

Other than that, just pack enough food for the trip :pipesmoke:

I'll be visiting Maine in June, mainly around Acadia, but I'm hoping to make it out to Mt. Katahdin and try out a little of the northern end of the AT. :dancingshroom:

--------------------

Invisibledrawde
    #769784 - 02/22/15 02:32 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

0 degree mummy bag! Doesn't that get a little hot?
My 20 degree mummy is comfortable from like 10-50.
If anything I want to get a lighter one for summer trips.

The Appalachian Trail is definitely on my list too! So many destinations, so little time and money.

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
    #769789 - 02/22/15 03:41 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Back in '09 i road tripped to Yellowstone with a friend  whom worked at the marina for the summer. I only stayed for about 4 nights before hitchhiking to Oregon. while leaving park rangers stopped me and confiscated my hash and DOC (i probably wrote about this experience here somewhere).

anyway, here are some pics

my first time hitchhiking and this was the view from where i started

damn i had more pics somewhere but can't find them.

Edited by nannybooboo (02/22/15 04:18 PM)

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#769830 - 02/22/15 05:41 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

drawde said:
0 degree mummy bag! Doesn't that get a little hot?
My 20 degree mummy is comfortable from like 10-50.
If anything I want to get a lighter one for summer trips.

The Appalachian Trail is definitely on my list too! So many destinations, so little time and money.

Yea it is haha, I bought it back when I was starting out...and cant seem to justify spending money for a lighter bag :dumblol:

Usually if its too hot I'll leave it open, so I can hang my feet/legs or arms to adjust. Its not ideal, but it works :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

Loc: 203 Flag
    #769871 - 02/22/15 06:20 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Grand Canyon
Yellowstone

Yellowstone was one of my all time favorite places to visit

--------------------

InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #769873 - 02/22/15 06:24 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

most of the places to camp around me are part of the Coronado national forest (southern AZ), heres some pics of a place I camp at twice a year. It's a copy paste from a shroomery thread I made, these pics are from last august

Quote:

Heres my dogs and a coulple nature shots. I'll start off with pictures of the waterfall, when I went up in may of this year my puppy was so excited his first time camping, when we got to the waterfall he wanted to  look over the edge (first picture) but his feet were wet. He got close realized he couldn't slow down, managed to turn around and slide down to the first pool of water. (second picture is what he slid down, third is ice cold pool he plunged into).

By the time I got down to get him out he had learned to swim and made it to the side and I just pulled him up then helped him back up. He had a couple of scrapes but was fine thankfully. My other dog had been to this spot a half dozen times without incident, I didn't think about the puppy running towards the side of the mountain like that. The brown dog is the one i'm referring too. His name is Dargo (I picked out name), blonde dog is Birdie (came with name)

This is the Graham mountains, but I've also camped in the Chiricahua mountains, Parker canyon and a few other places in just Coronado national forest. And more up north but I dont remember the names of those national parks just the spots.

The mountains are like the silver lining here in the desert. When you get tired of dirt, cacti and dead plants you can go to a nice green place and camp out.

I think a lot of my experiences are pretty generic, seeing animals, eating wild berries (rasberries), good weather, bad weather, forgetting stuff at home,  getting really high all day for a few days on an assortment of drugs (mostly downers and hallucinogens...mostly) ect

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

Invisibledrawde
Re: National Parks of the U.S. [Re: Chemical Addiction]
    #769884 - 02/22/15 08:03 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Beautiful pics nanny and Chemical, thanks for sharing 'em.

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
    #769935 - 02/23/15 10:29 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

im definitely gonna be checking out some national parks this summer. i've been to plenty, but that was always with my family going on vacations when i was younger. ive been to a few out in oregon and washington, mount hood, mount rainier and mount st helens. the hoh national rainforest in washington is really cool. i suggest checking that place out. its the only rainforest in north america.

now i live in colorado springs. so i have garden of the gods 15 minutes from my house, not a national park. for some reason it's a city park and national monument. but pikes peak national forest is just west of colorado springs, and we have a great view of pikes peak from the city here.

definitely going to be exploring colorado and new mexico. thinking about going back up to wyoming to spend a few nights camping at Devils Tower National Park. got some mescaline i wanna test out, so im trying to find the best place to take it at!

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
Re: National Parks of the U.S. [Re: CrushNazT]
    #769937 - 02/23/15 10:43 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

if i remember correctly, once you're accepted to work at one park then you're automatically qualified to work at any other in the country.  that's a pretty sweet deal. :cool:

mmmmm, camping.

Invisibledrawde
Re: National Parks of the U.S. [Re: nannybooboo]
    #770125 - 02/25/15 08:09 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

:zomgwtf:

I can't wait until spring and to get out rompin' around!!!

OfflineArapala
Stranger

#770289 - 02/26/15 04:10 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

No pics of mine but, check out isle royale is the most northern island in Michigan and is the only national forest that is an entire island with a zero Permanent population.

One day ill hike it! Heres the link: http://www.nps.gov/isro/index.htm

--------------------

OfflineJuicyJ

Re: National Parks of the U.S. [Re: CosmicFool]
    #770796 - 03/03/15 12:49 PM (9 years, 28 days ago)

I went to the Grand Canyon once in my life and it was fucking overcast haha. I'm sure I'll visit again at some point but it's not very high on my list. I'd love to check out Crater Lake.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder