Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Not sure if serious or being satirical
    #768978 - 02/13/15 02:12 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/mumsnet_classics/a2301982-Im-getting-sick-and-tired-of-dinosaurs-being-forced-on-our-children

:notsureif:

Quote:

Recently my sister foolishly gave my two youngest some dinosaurs toys for Christmas. After telling her to get out of my house I burnt the dinosaurs. My children were delighted because they know that dinosaurs are evil. I am fortunate that my family has been very supportive, and has disowned my children's former aunt.

:nonono:
If this person is being genuine they have got some serious mental issues. I feel sorry for the kids.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: Not sure if serious or being satirical [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #768981 - 02/13/15 02:37 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CADministry
Fri 06-Feb-15 19:48:27

I'm really concerned about dinosaurs, and I think something needs to be done. The science behind them is pretty flimsy, and I for one do not want my children being taught lies. Did you know that nobody had even heard of dinosaurs before the 1800s, when they were invented by curio-hungry Victorians?  Charles Darwin's later theory of evolution entirely disproved dinosaurs, yet the dinosaur lie was twisted and adapted to try to make it fit.

Any proper look at the facts will reveal that dinosaurs simply never existed.  Aside from the educational aspect, dinosaurs are a very bad example for children. At my children's school, several children were left in tears after one of their classmates (who had evidently been exposed to dinosaurs), became bestially-minded and ran around the classroom roaring and pretending to be a dinosaur. Then he bit three children on the face. One poor girl has been left with a severely dented nose and the whole class was left traumatised by this horrible display.  Nothing about dinosaurs is suitable for children, from their total lack of family values through to their non-existence from any serious scientific point of view.  Recently my sister foolishly gave my two youngest some dinosaurs toys for Christmas. After telling her to get out of my house I burnt the dinosaurs. My children were delighted because they know that dinosaurs are evil. I am fortunate that my family has been very supportive, and has disowned my children's former aunt.  Please, do what you can to get dinosaurs taken off the curriculum. Our school has been recently presented with a 214-signature petition, and following that and our recent protest the headmaster has said that he will take it the governors. We are lucky that he is so sympathetic to our cause, but I fear that others may not be.

If you would like to lend your support to our campaign, we have a Facebook group where we spread facts and research about the dinosaur myth. Hope to see you there! :-)  https://www.facebook.com/groups/nonexistingdinosaur/

shes rather retarded or trollin

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: Not sure if serious or being satirical [Re: P-O]
    #768982 - 02/13/15 02:43 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Papa sleepaid to the rescue. Weather she was trolling is up for you to decide but the website is certainly not satire.

Christian Parent Thrown Off Mumsnet For Anti-Dinosaur Rant

An over-protective mother has been banned from Mumsnet after a religiously fueled rant about dinosaurs.

CADministry, a user on the popular online parenting forum, claimed to have burned her child's dino toy because of their "lack of family values" and their " non-existence from any serious scientific point of view".

She then went on to tell Mumsnet users how she "disowned" her sister for buying the playthings.

Quote:

Recently my sister foolishly gave my two youngest some dinosaurs toys for Christmas. After telling her to get out of my house I burnt the dinosaurs. My children were delighted because they know that dinosaurs are evil. I am fortunate that my family has been very supportive, and has disowned my children’s former aunt.

The user also begged her fellow mums to get dinosaurs taken off their school curriculum, claiming the lessons would cause children to become "bestially minded" and bite each other.

Her poorly researched rant ended with a link to a Facebook Group, "Christians Against Dinosaurs", which apparently hopes to take the scientifically proven reptiles out of the classroom and replace them with good, wholesome bible stuff.

Mumsnet is no stranger to weird threads, trolls and dodgy discussions. One post went viral when a woman appeared shocked that nobody else kept a "penis beaker" by their beds for a quick dunk after sex.

They also took the opportunity to ruthlessly mock a man who offered to "drive anywhere, up to an hour" to have no-strings-attached sex with any users who were up for it.

Weird place, that Mumsnet.

source - (huffington post UK)

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Edited by SleepAid (02/13/15 02:44 PM)

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Re: Not sure if serious or being satirical [Re: SleepAid]
    #768983 - 02/13/15 02:53 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I never said the site was a satire one. But was referring to the op...

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: Not sure if serious or being satirical [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #768986 - 02/13/15 03:23 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Excuse me I may have taken what you said for more than face value.

Anyway, CAD ministry is obviously Christians Against Dinosaurs. They have a lot of admins on facebook, but for what it's worth I see Aaron Vyvial posting on other news sites (under the same name) following the story around the internet. Perhaps out of support, but it's possible he is behind the account as he seems pretty invested. (edit, that made it sound more serious than I meant it to, by invested I mean maybe just to troll further)

It might also be worth noting that some of the admins of this group have likes on pages or are members of groups that are obviously on a lean towards atheism or atheist comedy. So there's that to consider. One of the admins has her profile picture of her in a nuns outfit hugging a marijuana plant. So there's that, too.

Like, some of them, when I look at their profiles it looks like they're legitimately for it... But some others have trolling written all over them.

I'm almost interested in joining the group to investigate further but I don't think my fusebox can handle that.

It's speculation, at best, but I'm going to file this under trolling.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Edited by SleepAid (02/13/15 03:38 PM)

OfflineBumble_Dick
loathsome brute
Male User Gallery

Loc: cage-free tomatoes
Re: Not sure if serious or being satirical [Re: SleepAid] * 3
    #768992 - 02/13/15 05:12 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Trolladactyl, Trollceratops, Megalatroll.

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: Not sure if serious or being satirical [Re: Bumble_Dick]
    #768995 - 02/13/15 06:07 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Fuck... I couldn't stay away and I found her.

Kristen Auclair, everybody (If I'm not mistaken). Turns out CAD has a whole youtube channel full of mind-numbing shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=4ZyIG_jZzBs

Pretty damn sure it's the same chick (facebook photo). She's one of the admins on the facebook group:

Edited by SleepAid (02/13/15 06:18 PM)

InvisibleUltimateDevotion
TwistedByDesign
Male User Gallery

Re: Not sure if serious or being satirical [Re: SleepAid]
    #768999 - 02/13/15 06:29 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

:doublefacepalm:

--------------------
Harry Detroit in 304 made one last promise now
"I'm goin out without a trace, a vanishing act before your eyes"

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Re: Not sure if serious or being satirical [Re: UltimateDevotion]
    #769008 - 02/13/15 07:12 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

The admin ronald miller looks either super troll or suuuuuper weird. Hes got family pics with naked dudes and one looks a creepy old man grabbin some teens boob by her mom? I dunno...

this is really weird

--------------------

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Re: Not sure if serious or being satirical [Re: SmokeSomeHash]
    #769009 - 02/13/15 07:13 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

And yeah atheist...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom