Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestinkytrees
Stranger

Stunt.
    #768559 - 02/07/15 01:49 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Hey guys last time i posted i had trouble popping the seed's. well i finally figured out how to get them to pop. but now my babies only grow about an inch or 2 and completely stop growing, and they show very little growth over a few days, i have 2 seedling's that barely developed true leaves after 30 days :'(, what am i doing wrong ? any input is appreciated :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Stunt. [Re: stinkytrees]
    #768560 - 02/07/15 02:20 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

What kind of soil? Are you using a seed starting mix? Those are usually no good for starting seeds directly from the bag. I had to mix the stuff with coconut coir for it to get wet. I'm talking about the fine brown powder type. It was so bad at getting wet that when I let water pool up on top of the pot it was still pooled overnight and bone dry a quarter inch down. Mixed with coco coir though it was some pretty good stuff, allows the plant to have something to feed off of before giving it nutrients while its young. I grow in pure coco so it needs food early on.

is the soil drenched? it could need some air if you over watered it, a typical newb problem. If I had to guess it would be the soil and/or over watering. Indoor potting soil is typically not the best stuff, its formulated for house plants that you wont want to water very often. As for brands, they call it Miracle Grow because its a miracle if you can get something to grow in their soil.

If you absolutely have to use the stuff then add coco coir, vermiculite or perlite to fluff it up and allow for easier root growth.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinestinkytrees
Stranger

Re: Stunt. [Re: phychotron]
    #768561 - 02/07/15 02:35 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

i started the seedlings in rockwool, did i fudge up ?

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #768563 - 02/07/15 02:40 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I've never used it myself. Did you adjust the pH first?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #768586 - 02/07/15 09:09 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

stinkytrees said:
i started the seedlings in rockwool, did i fudge up ?

Rockwool is fine for seedlings

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinestinkytrees
Stranger

Re: Stunt. [Re: Magash]
    #768649 - 02/07/15 08:23 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

ok why do your's look like the have black around them, mine have a white tape that slides off, should i leave that on so lights dont get to the roots ? mine are 30 days old and are nowhere near that lush or thick in the stem, i've been giving them bottle water that has a ph of about 6, the temperature of the rockwool is 66°  to 70° , the only thing i can think of why they stunted is maybe the temperature of the water was a little to low or high and it shocked the roots ? they have 80w of light

and i soaked them in the 6ph bottle water for 5-10 minutes, i was thinking of adding a tiny drop of root stimulator to the water when i adjust the cubes

Edited by stinkytrees (02/07/15 08:25 PM)

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #768727 - 02/08/15 07:11 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

80 watts of what? And that isn't much light regardless of type. 

Mag, I'm assuming those have been receiving nutes?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale