Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Need help to find an attachment for my hydro set up
    #764848 - 01/10/15 10:30 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

hey guys i bought some new air stones for my hydro set up and got the eco pluse 6" round disks. But the problem i have is that my air pump i have has a attachment that does 12 lines but the lines are for smaller air lines like 1/8 or something like that. But my stones need 1/4 lines to connect to them. Would anybody know any online sites that sells attachemtns that go to a air pump... my air pump is https://www.hydrofarm.com/p/AAPA110L ; ...it pumps 110l of air a min. im looking for a attachment that would connect 6 lines with shut off valve.

here are some pics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Re: Need help to find an attachment for my hydro set up [Re: Mrshroom]
    #764849 - 01/10/15 10:41 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

oh and the reason im asking here is cause i already asked the site i ordered the disk stones from and they told me to use attachements to down size the connectors to use a smaller air line to hook up to the stone but then that would cut down on so much air flow and defeat the the concept of using this big disk stone to have more air flow in my dwc buckets

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need help to find an attachment for my hydro set up [Re: Mrshroom]
    #764853 - 01/10/15 11:46 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Check the hardware store for small adapters like that. Otherwise you could use the small hose and heat it up, taper it out a little then slide it over the bigger fitting.

As for the manifold like you want, you might need to make one yourself out of pvc pipe, and screw in barbs (same section of the hardware store as the adapters, the small bins). You'll need a tap/die bit to thread the pvc OR maybe be able to use thick flexible hose and seal the ends off (one end for input maybe) and screw/glue the barbs in. The soft hose should allow threading if you drill (use a hot nail afterward to smooth out the plastic before threading) the hole the right size. Glue might not be needed, you get a pretty tight fit. 

A 2 part epoxy will form a hard plastic when dry. Its only $3-5 at walmart ($5-10 at a hardware store) and comes in handy for all sorts of things.

The hose I use for my watering manifolds is thick and clear. It would work perfectly for that.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Need help to find an attachment for my hydro set up [Re: phychotron]
    #764952 - 01/11/15 11:05 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Sweet your making my brain work now! I like the set up. Might have to try setting something like that up!

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Re: Need help to find an attachment for my hydro set up [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #765013 - 01/11/15 07:19 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

well looks like i might have to make one... but i found this online http://www.amazon.com/Threaded-Ports-Connect-Manifold-Splitter/dp/B00AKVF6FI/ref=pd_sim_hi_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=0JYQTJ4F1XC0QWJKKJD1

if i get that and then get right fittings for the ends i guess i can make my own.then i also dont have to worry the metal woudl give out under high pressure like plastic could ... but i got to check some local hardware stores to see if they have anything that would work. cause i want the end connectors that have the air lines connecting to i would like to find a shut off values to turn off any extra lines i might not need.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder