Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Loc: funkytown Flag
Commercial space build out
    #764052 - 01/01/15 12:46 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

So I've gotten a warehouse now. 2700sf odd shape but ample space to relocate my house grow and have tons of extra project space. First construction is the veg room to wrap up veg on my current garden then build two 4 light rooms for flowering. I see the end result being 2 flower rooms, clone dome and 3" square pot babies room, training room for all the teens, soil mixing and reclamation area, and a lab.

Leaning on the idea of just building 2x4 frames and wrapping in panda film but I'm open to suggestion. Also I'm pretty flat broke other than weight I'm moving here and there for cash till I harvest again and have a real paycheck so if anyone's got cheap or free ideas those are always welcome.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Commercial space build out [Re: GreenHorns]
    #764343 - 01/04/15 11:40 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

My buddy was all about the ballast that could switch between two sets of lights, so you'd only have to buy half the amount of ballasts. One flower room is on while the other is off. Not sure what they're called but it should save you some cash.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Re: Commercial space build out [Re: phychotron]
    #764374 - 01/05/15 10:46 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Those are rad and the flip box that kind of gets the same point across but I've already got all the equipment purchased for the most part. Wouldn't mind trying out one of those fancy double ended jobbers one day too.

I did find some very cool salvage companies that have dirt cheap stuff. One is a shop for habitat for humanity. Looks like the frames will be cheaper than I thought. Just trying to find cheap poly vinyl so I don't have to pay for panda film.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

Invisiblevinsue
GRAND OLD FART
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #764420 - 01/05/15 04:59 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Something like this? (60 bucks).
http://t.homedepot.com/p/Husky-10-ft-x-100-ft-Black-6-mil-Plastic-Sheeting-CFHK0610B/100651779

You might be able to get away with 4 mil, (37 bucks)
http://t.homedepot.com/p/Husky-10-ft-x-100-ft-Black-4-mil-Plastic-Sheeting-CF0410B/202184142,
but the 6 mil is more durable. It's also available in 50' lengths and 20' widths.
You won't get much light reflection, though.
100 linear feet of wall would get you started.
What's the ceiling height of your space?

:goodluck::growingweed: . . . :peace:

--------------------
" One toke over the line...

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Re: Commercial space build out [Re: vinsue]
    #764432 - 01/05/15 09:43 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah that's the non hydro shop stuff right there. I want exactly that. I wonder why the dunce bags at home depot couldn't at least tell me the department its in I wonder. At least I know it exists at a decent price.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #764476 - 01/06/15 01:19 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

10x100 black poly at home depot:
Quote:

GreenHorns said:
Yeah that's the non hydro shop stuff right there. I want exactly that. I wonder why the dunce bags at home depot couldn't at least tell me the department its in I wonder. At least I know it exists at a decent price.

$60 for all black? I'd be worth spending the $8 (actually about the same price w/tax at home depot) and get the 10x100 roll of panda film off ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-X-100-Black-White-Poly-Panda-Film-Reflective-Grow-Room-PandaFilm-2-Faced-Tarp-/161266556552?pt=US_Hydroponics&hash=item258c3c5e88

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Re: Commercial space build out [Re: phychotron]
    #764489 - 01/06/15 04:32 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I saw the panda film there too. Was a good deal with one guy who sells 4 rolls at a time. Like 130$ or something. Still cheaper than drywall.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

Offlinewebster10

#764502 - 01/06/15 06:23 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Wait, pandafilm is your only wall? I thought the plan was to put this over drywall or another type of wooden structure. Will it work with just pandafilm?

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Re: Commercial space build out [Re: webster10]
    #764523 - 01/06/15 10:12 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I'll have a frame of course but yes panda film in place of drywall. I've built a few rooms this way so far and have no issues. Nice ledge for a window ac, some flanges and a zipper and I'm in business.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Commercial space build out [Re: webster10]
    #764606 - 01/07/15 02:12 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:
Wait, pandafilm is your only wall? I thought the plan was to put this over drywall or another type of wooden structure. Will it work with just pandafilm?

I built a flowering room with some 2 X 4's for a frame and panda film for the walls. I use the wood when I need to support something but the plastic works just fine for the walls

Quote:

Also I'm pretty flat broke other than weight I'm moving here and there for cash till I harvest again and have a real paycheck so if anyone's got cheap or free ideas those are always welcome.

Congrats on the large grow space OP, good luck. It sure is expensive to get started, I still need a PPM meter and a filter set up for my water but I've already spent $2000+ between lights, fans, ebb/flow setups, nutes, carbon filter, and flowering room materials.

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
    #800742 - 12/08/15 08:56 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

You can get a cheap zipper at lowes or home depot that attaches directly to plastic and its actually pretty heavy duty / durable.  Do you have any pics of the grow room since its been built in the warehouse space? Man I would love to have 2700 sq ft to grow in... I would have a hellacious garden!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies