Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Nitrogen deficiency?
    #761643 - 12/14/14 09:36 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Looks like N deficiency in beginning stages? Just double checking before I feed- this is the only plant of mine that's doing this.

1. Seed, MK Ultra
2. apx 1 1/2 months
3. about a foot
4. 2 gal
5. happy frog
6. tap water, every couple days after soil is well dry
7. 7ish (had to go out to get a ph tester - went out again to get Ph Down)
8. right now I'm on Peruvian Gold headstart 0.07 - 0.1034 - 0.4650 & PG microbuilder 0.03 - 0.0135 - 0.2639
9. dirt MD foliar spray
10. 600w hps @ 75%
11. about 3 feet away from plants
12. grow tent, it's about 5h x 5w x 2d
13. ~83F 30% humidity, however I need to water today so that should raise.
14. What is the pH of the soil? I have no idea how to test this but I'll update once I figure it out.
15. no bugs
16. about a months worth of experience? haha, just as old as these plants are

Edited by SleepAid (12/14/14 01:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

Re: Nitrogen deficiency? [Re: SleepAid]
    #761656 - 12/14/14 12:00 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

You are going to have to fill out the form you should have filled out before posting this.  Otherwise it's all a guess.  Even then it may be.

OfflineGanjaganj
Stranger
Re: Nitrogen deficiency? [Re: GoonerHeClips] * 1
    #761661 - 12/14/14 12:46 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Magnesium deficiency.

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: Nitrogen deficiency? [Re: Ganjaganj]
    #761666 - 12/14/14 01:49 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

GoonerHeClips: updated OP to best of my ability

Ganjagang: Thanks man, I went and got some botnicare cal-mag plus (2-0-0) to add to it, hopefully that helps out.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Edited by SleepAid (12/14/14 01:58 PM)

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#761737 - 12/14/14 07:39 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SleepAid said:
Looks like N deficiency in beginning stages? Just double checking before I feed- this is the only plant of mine that's doing this.

1. Seed, MK Ultra
2. apx 1 1/2 months
3. about a foot
4. 2 gal
5. happy frog
6. tap water, every couple days after soil is well dry
7. 7ish (had to go out to get a ph tester - went out again to get Ph Down)
8. right now I'm on Peruvian Gold headstart 0.07 - 0.1034 - 0.4650 & PG microbuilder 0.03 - 0.0135 - 0.2639
9. dirt MD foliar spray
10. 600w hps @ 75%
11. about 3 feet away from plants
12. grow tent, it's about 5h x 5w x 2d
13. ~83F 30% humidity, however I need to water today so that should raise.
14. What is the pH of the soil? I have no idea how to test this but I'll update once I figure it out.
15. no bugs
16. about a months worth of experience? haha, just as old as these plants are

You have been growin for couple months huh? yea your going to need help.lol I have been how for a while and im learning everyday. But i have learned alot and can grow some kick ass plants. That cal/mag plus good stuff.

1. if your in soil your ph should be 6.5
2.dirt?Whats md hope thats not miracle grow. that shit suck for weed plants.
3.I think the light 3 feet away is to far? I like 18in
4.it should be about 70-75 in your tent. 85 and up I start to freak.
5.Now phin your soil is easy ph your water, then give it to your plant slow. In cup fulls if you want and have a try under the pot to get the water. You only want the first run off .Just enough to read. Now you take your original ph number and -
it with the run off . Now this last one is how i have been doing it. Now if im doing it wrong,Fuck

Then hopefully we both will learn something.

Peace Bud grower

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Re: Nitrogen deficiency? [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #761744 - 12/14/14 08:33 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

if your plant has been growing for a bit with out u adjusting the ph of the water more then likely what you are starting to see is deffently a nuit deficient caused by your ph not being right.

the best way to handle that is would be flush your plant with ph corrected water to help get the soil back to proper ph lvls so your plant can get the nuits and not only part wich will cause the side effects you are starting to see.

the big prob with these plants is that you can have something that could be caused by a few different things that look all alike. Be reason this happens is alot of the different nuits go side by side with another one so if one is lacking or cant be assorbed becaue of ph is off then the other nuits cant be broken down right or used then when they cant be used causes other nuits to not be used then just causes your plant to go to hell.

also i would recommend if you can to put the plant in a bigger pot cause if its been growing for about 6 weeks a two gallon pot wont be enoff for long. and also when you put your plant into flower then the more room the plant has to grow it roots the more it can nuits it can take in and help develop more buds as long as everything else is tuned in in your grow room.

also another reason for the bigger pot is that some time plants get very top heavy and cause them to fall over. so with haveing a bigger pot for the plant  the bigger roots sytem will help the plant be able to hold its self up better.

Edited by Mrshroom (12/14/14 08:36 PM)

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: Nitrogen deficiency? [Re: Mrshroom]
    #761768 - 12/15/14 09:20 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Budgrowerwannabe: Followed your suggestions- added additional ventilation to cool it down, lowered light a bit, and no, DirtMD is a brand of Foliar spray. Already corrected water situation once I realized it was fucked up- I got phdown same day. I garden and have experience from that but growing pot is a new monster to me and I'm obviously un-aware of some of very basics I should be considering.
Also "growing for months"? whoa whoa whoa, lets not go turning me into some kind of expert, I'm on 'weeks' still hahahah

Quote:

Mrshroom said:
if your plant has been growing for a bit with out u adjusting the ph of the water more then likely what you are starting to see is deffently a nuit deficient caused by your ph not being right.

the best way to handle that is would be flush your plant with ph corrected water to help get the soil back to proper ph lvls so your plant can get the nuits and not only part wich will cause the side effects you are starting to see.

Okay, flushed yesterday, I'll be making sure to keep my water at an appropriate pH from here-on out. My only question is: how is only one of my plants doing this? The rest look perfectly healthy.

Quote:

Mrshroom said:
the big prob with these plants is that you can have something that could be caused by a few different things that look all alike. Be reason this happens is alot of the different nuits go side by side with another one so if one is lacking or cant be assorbed becaue of ph is off then the other nuits cant be broken down right or used then when they cant be used causes other nuits to not be used then just causes your plant to go to hell.

also i would recommend if you can to put the plant in a bigger pot cause if its been growing for about 6 weeks a two gallon pot wont be enoff for long. and also when you put your plant into flower then the more room the plant has to grow it roots the more it can nuits it can take in and help develop more buds as long as everything else is tuned in in your grow room.

also another reason for the bigger pot is that some time plants get very top heavy and cause them to fall over. so with haveing a bigger pot for the plant  the bigger roots sytem will help the plant be able to hold its self up better.

Would 5gal be appropriate? I'm starting to think I fucked up and started growing too many plants for the space I have to grow it in.

Thanks for all your help, everybody

Edited by SleepAid (12/16/14 08:30 AM)

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#761774 - 12/15/14 10:49 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Lay off the foliar spray IMO.  Bad idea especially under the lights.  Super bad idea for mildew at any point in time.  Just quit foliar spraying, and work on your pH and get that dialed.  Not every other water, every water.  And do you have any nutes yet?  If not, you should get some and not rely on your leaves to do what the roots should be doing.  Start at 1/3 to 1/2 recommended dosage, test your pH after adding the nutes, adjust, then feed.

Edited by GoonerHeClips (12/15/14 10:50 AM)

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: Nitrogen deficiency? [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #761799 - 12/15/14 01:56 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I fixed the water as of OP and am using the nutrients listed in the information you originally requested with your first reply. :thumbup:

edit- as for foliar spray, thanks for the info man

Edited by SleepAid (12/15/14 02:00 PM)

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #761915 - 12/15/14 09:52 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Okay, started flushing yesterday with ph corrected water. Will continue. My only question is: how is only one of my plants doing this? The rest look perfectly healthy.

Hold on now.  You only flush once. Not more than one day in a row

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: Nitrogen deficiency? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #761973 - 12/16/14 07:04 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:
Hold on now.  You only flush once. Not more than one day in a row

"will continue" = "will continue to water from a pH corrected source"

Sorry, that wasn't a very well structured statement and has been edited to avoid confusion.

Edited by SleepAid (12/16/14 08:29 AM)

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

#762003 - 12/16/14 01:10 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SleepAid said:
Budgrowerwannabe: Followed your suggestions- added additional ventilation to cool it down, lowered light a bit, and no, DirtMD is a brand of Foliar spray. Already corrected water situation once I realized it was fucked up- I got phdown same day. I garden and have experience from that but growing pot is a new monster to me and I'm obviously un-aware of some of very basics I should be considering.
Also "growing for months"? whoa whoa whoa, lets not go turning me into some kind of expert, I'm on 'weeks' still hahahah

Quote:

Mrshroom said:

Okay, flushed yesterday, I'll be making sure to keep my water at an appropriate pH from here-on out. My only question is: how is only one of my plants doing this? The rest look perfectly healthy.

Quote:

Mrshroom said:

Would 5gal be appropriate? I'm starting to think I fucked up and started growing too many plants for the space I have to grow it in.

Thanks for all your help, everybody

for the point of why only one plant got effected and not the others... it could be a few things. but i would guess that it could be that all the plants are effect but the one u see now was a weaker plant and showed signs first.

well what size is the room u are growing/flowering in?  how long do u plan on growing for before u put into flower? those things will be factors in to how big of a pot u will need to go into.

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

#762018 - 12/16/14 04:17 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Mrshroom, I have a 5h x 4w x 2d growtent that I'm using. I would like to start flowering as soon as possible, as it's my understanding that they can grow a substantial amount during that period.

I'm just waiting for preflowers, I guess?
From what I've been able to find to read, that seems like when I'm supposed to flower it. However, I'd appreciate any additional insight.

edit: just an update by the way, I went and bought a 5 gallon of RO drinking water I'll be refilling and using, instead of tap

Edited by SleepAid (12/16/14 04:19 PM)

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

#762063 - 12/16/14 11:03 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

well im assuming that the lengths u gave me were in feet right?

well plant can deffently stretch out when they go into flower.  As for the preflower time gage.. dont go by that cause if u go by that and it take 3 month for them to pop out u will have a plant way to big for your tent..

with the size of your plant i would not go over  1.5 to 2 feet. cause u will need room for strech and also u will need head room at the top for lights then room between the plant and the lights to make sure they dont touch the light and burn.

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

#762092 - 12/17/14 10:13 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I know about the lamp throwing off heat- I almost caught my hair on fire last night, burned a fucking chunk out of it. Lesson learned, no more leaning over into the grow tent.

Yes, the dimensions I provided are in feet.
My plants are on average about a foot, one is slightly over- and I think I'm actually starting to see some preflowers here as of this morning, let me know what you guys think.

little thingy right above a stipule and below the beginning of both a water leaf and new branch (sorry, the right half is blurry I was only able to focus on one side):

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#762106 - 12/17/14 12:42 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Cant really tell ?
get a pic in reg light for us. looks like a male to me but dont do anything on my opinion. Wait alittle more.

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

#762107 - 12/17/14 01:41 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Really? I hope not.
It's much easier to see with the naked eye but there is what appears to be two hairs sticking out of it.
I wish I was photographing an easier area- it was difficult to get shots with any kind of clarity at all.

Edited by SleepAid (12/17/14 01:41 PM)

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#762113 - 12/17/14 04:10 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Man those are hard but ,,,,,,,, I take back my first post its female man I can see the pistols !!

But dont take my advice. wait for someelse to tell ya. Im just a noob in life!

:stayfunky: on the female!

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

#762114 - 12/17/14 04:27 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Cheers man- setting up my automated timer probably gonna start my flower cycle tommorrow if that's all kosher (would appreciate a second opinion - it's been over a month and a half now).

gonna transplant to larger pots and some fresh happy frog now that I have water thats not killing microbes

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#762122 - 12/17/14 05:10 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Its hard for me to see because I cant zoom the pic in .I have to make my screen bigger. That just sucks.
Thats y i said .I mean in the one pic it looked like the classic crab claw,then you show me pics of them girl parts lol
:wellidunno:

I say Girl !! Chop some clones and flower that bitch!!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag