Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Will bud turning purple from cold alter the overall taste/quality?
    #755894 - 11/04/14 09:26 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

So I know that bud turning purple from the cold is a form of stress. I'm just wondering if that will decrease the quality of the bud?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Will bud turning purple from cold alter the overall taste/quality? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #755895 - 11/04/14 09:39 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
So I know that bud turning purple from the cold is a form of stress. I'm just wondering if that will decrease the quality of the bud?

No, you'll still get the quality but the taste will change. The taste (one that I myself prefer actually) becomes more grape like. Take a look at all the grape strains Erkle, GDP, Grape Ape. :wink:

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Will bud turning purple from cold alter the overall taste/quality? [Re: Magash]
    #755917 - 11/04/14 02:49 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Cool.

Im curious how that purple will make a thai taste.

:crazy2:

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

Re: Will bud turning purple from cold alter the overall taste/quality? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #755984 - 11/05/14 07:01 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
Cool.

Im curious how that purple will make a thai taste.

:crazy2:

Considering a purple thai plant from an Oregon breeder was used in making the popular blueberry strain, probably pretty good.  :jackiechanofapproval:

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Will bud turning purple from cold alter the overall taste/quality? [Re: GoonerHeClips] * 2
    #756298 - 11/07/14 06:35 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Anthocyanins are pigments that occur in maturation, they're related to colder temps but are present regardless. Chlorophyll is responsible for masking their presence, it's a natural response to maturation and accentuated by a good flush, colder temps, and harvest date. Producing anthocyanins isn't so much stressful as it is the plants life coming to an end, perhaps if it were your dog it would be sad but this is where colors really come out, and the quality of the buds is made.

A good flush is going to lead to the breakdown of sugar stores and to some extent chlorophyll, when I'm using coco (would work for soil, peat, etc) I reduce the waterings greatly in the last two weeks of flowering. In the third week I (at least at times) introduce carbohydrates, the second last week is a very mild nutrient solution you would use for seedlings ie. ~300ppm and on the last week I use water with a pH of 6.0-6.2 the watering frequency in my case is reduced from 4-5x down to 3x and again down to twice by the 2nd last week and MAYBE once a day in the last week. Yields suffer if you're using a late bloomer but well worth it if you want a killer stash. Although it's not essential watering once in the final week can make the harvest quicker as things will be drier and cure faster.

If yields are a prime concern, just flush for the last week and water as usual. In my opinion there's flushed and there's prime. Prime is when the plant has gone cannabolic (catabolic) and those colors really come out.

As for the flavors, the pigments are nearly tasteless however the conditions in which they will be prevalent are also conditions akin to finely flushed bud, so the tastes will be improved upon.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Will bud turning purple from cold alter the overall taste/quality? [Re: captain.koons]
    #756321 - 11/07/14 09:45 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

:thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale