Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
[Purple] Phantom Cookies - Curing - November 16 * 1
    #744788 - 08/22/14 01:32 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

August 22

the purple cookies came from altitude organic medicine in colorado springs. its a purple pheno of phantom cookies. the purple og18 are from seed, from Reserva Privada. i germinated 2 fem seeds, and ended up with 2 different phenos. a shorter, bushier plant and a taller more spaced out plant, more space between nodes. i recently took 6 clones off each purple cookie and 4 clones off each OG18. the clones are in a dome under some T5s in my closet while the vegging plants are in a tent under a 400w MH

September 5

i put my 1000w Hortilux HPS in and started 12/12 last night. just took a few pictures. i'm too lazy to get really good pics of the plants. i'll just wait until they start flowering before i start pulling plants out of the tent to get good pictures of.

Purple OG#18

Purple Cookies

September 15

Got a few pictures before the light turned on this morning. Today is day 11 of flower, and things are lookin pretty good. I do have some kind of gnats, which I've never had before. I think it's from the  Roots Organic soil I'm using. I've read that it's a common problem with that soil. I've only used Fox Farm's Ocean Forest, and never had a problem with bugs or anything, so I'll probably be switching back.

Purple Cookies

Purple OG#18

September 27

today is day 23 in flower. everythings coming alone nicely. the cookies are starting to pack on the weight while the OGs look a little behind, but still coming along pretty nicely.

October 2

just found a few male flowers on the purple og18... it hurt to do, but i killed both plants. fuck hermaphrodites. im not dealing with that shit again. so thats 2 in flower that i've killed so far, and 8 more in veg that i still have to deal with. the cookies are fine...

October 19

so its been a while since ive updated this. i ended up pushing it with the nutrients this time around. i was trying something different,and i learned what happened... ended up flushing each plant. back to lower ppm bloom every other watering. i think im going to cut out the additives like liquid karma and pure blend tea. pretty sure thats what burned/locked up my plants.

i'll take some pictures later and upload them on here. i have 6 more clones that are looking super healthy. when i harvest these 2, i'm putting 4 in flower and cutting 2 completely down for clones. hoping to dial this strain in. it looks like a pretty good cut of the phantom cookies.

October 20

day 46 of flower today. buds are definitely starting to go purple. cant wait for the next round of cookies to go in...

October 27

day 52 of flower today. everything is looking good. probably about 2 weeks left before harvest. i bought a new reflector yesterday, a 6" blockbuster. nice upgrade from a broken super sun 2. i bought a strawberry cough clone the other day, so ill be growing that out and taking clones. keep an eye out for that :smile:

my veg room of cookie clones   

October 31

first day of week 9 today and these buds are lookin sexxy, so i thought id post some more pics :smile: happy halloween everyone!

the next round of cookies to go in (and one tiny strawberry cough clone tucked in there)

i think im going to do an experiment and run botanicares pure blend pro bloom on 3 of them and use advanced nutrients sensi bloom on the other 3.

November 9

everything is lookin great (despite that burn) been flushing since halloween, today is day 66. i'll be harvesting in the next couple days. smells amazing. just likes it's parents (cherry pie x GDP) a dank grapey berry smell. mmm MMMM

November 13

been harvesting over the past couple days. i dont have a lot of time since i work so much, so im finishing it up today. just a bunch of tiny buds left on the plants now. i got all the main colas and bigger buds. im drying in a rack, inside of a small grow tent. i have hygrometers to watch the humidity and the temp. everyday i open the tent and let refresh the air.

also found a nice shot i took while trimming, of the inside of a bud. gotta love the purple :smile:

November 16

the first buds i harvested felt dry enough for jars. what i cut down the first day filled up 2 and a half quart sized mason jars. i put one of my thermo/hygrometers in one of the full jars to get accurate humidity and temp readings in the jars. ive fucked up the drying process a few times by overthinking it, but i think ive got that part down now. i guess ill find out in a week or so when i open a jar to check on it. over the next 2 days ill be jarring the rest of the bud that's in the drying rack. once its all dried, i'll get a final weight, and give it a smoke.

Edited by CrushNazT (11/16/14 07:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Purple Cookies and Purple OG#18 [Re: CrushNazT]
    #744928 - 08/23/14 02:57 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Looking good :thumbup:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: Purple Cookies and Purple OG#18 [Re: Magash]
    #748181 - 09/15/14 07:35 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

little update with some pictures

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

#750049 - 09/27/14 07:22 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

another update. day 23 today

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

#750772 - 10/02/14 03:25 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

well fuck.

just found male flowers on both the OG18s. just like my MK Ultra from seed, these male flowers appeared at the end of the 4th week/beginning of 5th week of flower. i killed both plants and im about to kill all their clones too.

there werent a lot of male flowers that i saw, but one is too many on a female plant. they werent dropping pollen, so i think the purple cookies are fine.

i'm done with feminized seeds. i'm going to germinate a few starkiller og seeds from rare dankness next, and try my luck there.

Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Re: Purple Cookies and Purple OG#18 [Re: CrushNazT] * 1
    #750914 - 10/03/14 06:03 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I've heard that fem could have hermie tendency but never knew it was as common as it was. How often does it happen to you?
Great looking ladies, nonetheless. :thumbup:

--------------------
:psycho:

Man Eater

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: Purple Cookies and Purple OG#18 [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #750916 - 10/03/14 06:09 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

its happened a couple times. once with regular seeds, which was my last grow that was MK Ultra from seed that i bought from Adam Dunn himself... i threw that pack of seeds away.

i'm going to just keep running these cookies. i got the clones from a good dispensary (altitude organic) and i know one of the managers there. actually just talked to him today and he told me these purple cookies are phantom cookies, not platinum like i had thought.

InvisibleP-O

#750935 - 10/03/14 07:49 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I've heard that fem could have hermie tendency

Ive heard the same thing from a local grower.  he wont touch fem seeds because of this.  My last grow was all fem seeds... and none herm'd :grin:

Oh ya nice nig log Crush.... thanks for sharing with us :hi5:

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: Purple Cookies and Purple OG#18 [Re: P-O]
    #754079 - 10/20/14 01:42 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

thanks P-O!!!

updated with a few pics :smile:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #754080 - 10/20/14 02:20 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, lets get this down again. The reason for feminized seeds with a high rate of being hermie is cause the breeder didn't feel like doing the work. Feminized seeds that come from plants that are properly stressed tested have no more a rate of churning hermie then regular seeds.

Then there are the breeders that claim that they produce their feminized seeds naturally or organically if you see this run. They not only do not test for hermie plants they use them to make the seeds.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinedelta9hippie
Stranger
Re: Purple Cookies and Purple OG#18 [Re: Magash]
    #754081 - 10/20/14 02:26 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

That is some killer looking bud, dude. Sorry to hear about the hermies :frown:

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: Purple Cookies and Purple OG#18 [Re: delta9hippie]
    #754837 - 10/27/14 07:45 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

few pics. got a new reflector yesterday. my old one was broken by some crazy person so it wasnt air tight anymore. (had to buy new glass for it too) but this new one is awesome. perfect light foot print for my tent.

InvisibleP-O

#755184 - 10/29/14 09:15 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Damn those bud shots are Amazing :thumbup:

I got a chubbie off that :wink:

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: Purple Cookies and Purple OG#18 [Re: P-O]
    #755376 - 10/31/14 07:11 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

i put up a few more pics. the trichomes are mostly all cloudy, so im starting to flush now. ill harvest next weekend sometime.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#755626 - 11/01/14 05:33 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Dam those are sick dude!!!!!!!!!!!! :jackiechanofapproval:

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: Purple Cookies and Purple OG#18 [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #756568 - 11/09/14 08:13 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

thanks budgrower!

updated with a few pics. gonna harvest in the next few days and put round 2 in. this time ill be flowering 6 cookies. also took 8 clones a few days ago, i definitely want to keep this strain in my garden. i thought about trying another nutrient line alongside botanicare, but, i'm lazy and dont feel like trying it afterall lol. maybe in the future. i'll be adding floralicious plus to the mix this time around. i found a 1oz bottle on ebay for 5 bucks. figured id give it a shot before spending 40 on a pint of it.

Edited by CrushNazT (11/09/14 08:13 AM)

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

#757077 - 11/13/14 10:11 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

so over the past couple days ive been harvesting as much of the plants as i can. i work 8-9 hours a day 6 days a week growing for a dispensary, so i'm kinda worn out and dont have much time to trim. hoping to get this knocked out today with the help of a friend of mine. i just have a bunch of small buds left on both plants to trim up. nothing too airy. pretty dense bud structure even on the small popcorn buds. lots of nice purples and greens. i gotta run to the grow store to pick some stuff up, but i'll update later today with some pictures of the harvested bud, and how i'm drying it out.

also, i'm going to start a new grow log with more phantom cookies. i have 6 in the tent vegging under my 1000w HPS. i dont have money for a 600 or 1000w MH right now, so i'm just using the HPS to veg for a week.

also, long story, but i may end up with a few cuttings of bubba kush (possibly pre 98 bubba) and biodiesel, which is an unreleased strain created by denver relief. clone only, and not many people are growing it. so im kind of excited.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#757113 - 11/13/14 05:28 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

great grow dude.I would love to try this strain ! Hows the smoke or didnt try it yet?

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: Purple Cookies and Purple OG#18 [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #757599 - 11/16/14 08:35 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

updated. need to update the update though. everything seemed dry enough after looking through it that i put it all in jars. its lookin reeal good and smells amazing. cant wait for the cure to kick things up a bit.

Offlinewebster10

#757624 - 11/16/14 10:54 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Awesome job. That looks tasty as can be

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds