Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
outdoor harvest time question
    #749981 - 09/26/14 05:29 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

So I searched but found no answer, is the way to tell when your plant is ready the same outdoor as indoor?

The outdoor cycle is much longer than my indoor cycle and I can tell indoors when my flushing is done when the leaves start to yellow but outdoors I don't really flush because i didnt pump them full of nutes being rooted in the planet and all.  :hehehe:

So do I wait fir the same signs to pick?

Thx in advance.  :stoner:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledrawde
Re: outdoor harvest time question [Re: 13buds]
    #750038 - 09/27/14 02:45 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Get one of those hand-held magnifiers and examine the trichome-heads.
Generally you pick when they turn from clear to cloudy.
There are reasons why you may want to harvest before or after this though so reading may be required.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Re: outdoor harvest time question [Re: drawde]
    #750040 - 09/27/14 02:53 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Well I know that because I've grown indoors for a couple years now.  :thumbup:

Just asking if outdoor had any differances due to longer cycles and a not so clear flushing period...  But if that's how its done no matter what then I'm all good :blazed:

:super:

--------------------
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

Invisibledrawde
    #750041 - 09/27/14 03:01 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry I can't help you more.
The growing season is short here and you basically have to use the whole thing until the last day.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #750043 - 09/27/14 03:19 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

The method no matter which one you choose (I say that cause I don't believe in the amber trich thing) is the same indoors as out.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinematt1208
Stranger

Re: outdoor harvest time question [Re: Magash]
    #750044 - 09/27/14 03:31 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

ive grown outdoors for awhile now and the way to check if theyre ready to be harvested is pretty much the same as indoors, only thing different is the leaves dont always turn yellow because theres typically nutrients in the soil that stop this to a certain degree and the cycles are a week or 3 longer then indoors

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#750050 - 09/27/14 07:47 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
The method no matter which one you choose (I say that cause I don't believe in the amber trich thing) is the same indoors as out.

Well now you have sparked my interest...  What's your practice of knowing the finish line.  :strokebeard:

--------------------

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#750289 - 09/29/14 10:54 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

13buds said:
Quote:

Magash said:

Well now you have sparked my interest...  What's your practice of knowing the finish line.  :strokebeard:

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #750302 - 09/29/14 11:48 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry didn't see this. I mainly just go by the look of the bud and the state it's in (percentage of hairs red, size of the swelling in the bracts and so on). The amber thing isn't bad but it's really just telling you that the outer cellulose layer of the gland is starting to oxidize which normally starts when the bud is ripening but not always. Strains like Maple Leaf Indica from Sensi Seeds (a very outstanding strain by the way) is known for having trichs that never go amber. Just a matter of belief example. In Amsterdam they go by when the glands go cloudy and amber glands mean that you have gone to far.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#750305 - 09/29/14 11:59 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
In Amsterdam they go by when the glands go cloudy and amber glands mean that you have gone to far.

I could see this because if I wait till I have amber trichs my herb tastes like hay after curing like it degraded past its prime.  :smirk:

thanks for your response :thumbup:

so instead of started a new thread (unless I should), Im having issues with starting seeds for dwc..  I germinate them fine but then I have zero luck at putting them in rockwool to get roots so I can transplant into my dwc setup..  I get the taproot to sprout then once I put them into rockwool everything stops...  Im using bottled water..  cus my tap water is over 300ppm.  ph is at 6.8 same water I germinated with..  :shrug:

Im tired of losing really good genetics..lst sage n sour and girl scout cookies..  my next seeds are your blueberry X haze and I dont wanna waist them..  :sad:

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #750336 - 09/29/14 05:09 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I germ in a towel but let the root grow a little. Like a 1/4 inch. Now the cubes have a little hole in the top well fuck the hole. I like to slice the cube (some actually come like that now) and then put the seed or germinated seed into the slice and then use something to lightly hold the cube together.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies