Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewebster10

Re: My Blueberry x Haze [Re: Magash]
    #748083 - 09/14/14 06:24 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

They're both beautiful :awepreciation:

But the purple really comes out in the second picture. Every single one of your strains is turning out to look incredible. The only one I haven't seen yet would be the cannibal. And with a cross like that, I'm sure it will look stunning :awesomenod:

Looks like I'll definitely stick around until spring time :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My Blueberry x Haze [Re: webster10]
    #748089 - 09/14/14 06:40 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Well I don't just cross two strains make a F1 and claim that it's the shit. I stabilize the traits in my strains so when I say their gonna do something they do it. I think that is the reason they went over so well is they lived up to the claims and people got the results I said they would get.

Example: I spent 8 years working on Sweet 16

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinewebster10

#748096 - 09/14/14 06:48 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah with seedbanks selling seeds with like 10 different phenos it is a relief to be able get my hands on something stable.
8 years :eek:
Just glad to know that somebody is putting the work in

Offlinematt1208
Stranger

Re: My Blueberry x Haze [Re: webster10]
    #748099 - 09/14/14 07:05 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

that purple does look amazing, hows the taste ?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My Blueberry x Haze [Re: matt1208]
    #748100 - 09/14/14 07:11 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

matt1208 said:
that purple does look amazing, hows the taste ?

Has the typical grape taste that the California purple strains are known for.

I am working on a Sour Diesel x Og Kush strain that has a strong citrus taste to it but gonna be a little time before that is out. I'm guessing early 2016.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offlinematt1208
Stranger

#748107 - 09/14/14 07:45 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

nice, love grape though Ive grown a few strains that were meant to be a grape and only one actually had the grape taste, was a pretty intense flavor as well, only have a tiny nug left but its been in a jar for over 2 years now, saving it for a special occasion :wink:

your strains sound amazing, love citrus flavors

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My Blueberry x Haze [Re: matt1208]
    #748116 - 09/14/14 08:06 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I love the berry strains myself but I've been smoking them for years. I tend to like my smoke with a fruit taste to it rather then the typical taste or hash taste common with indicas. I'm also more of a fan of hybrid strains and what I like to smoke is what I breed pretty much. That's pretty much how the breeding started. I never could find exactly what I wanted so I went about making it myself. I never thought I was gonna get addicted to the process. :shrug:

I haven't done a ton of work with the Diesel strains or OG Kush and the strains that center around it so I have a few projects centered around those right now.

Man don't get me started. I can go on about growing for hours. You have no idea how many times I've written long "how to" write ups only to delete them cause I figure there just to damn boring. :rolleyes:

--------------------

Offlinematt1208
Stranger

#748121 - 09/14/14 08:25 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

never had much luck germinating berry strains, not sure why the seeds just never germinate, but ive never been too picky on taste, i use to just smoke to get high haha but i do have my favorite strains, lemon haze, strawberry cough, cali orange, white rhino and blue cheese just to name a few, im addicted to growing just starting to get into breeding a few things myself, the next few seasons ill be breeding a strain with a few different things to see what i come up with, i have a kush og seed germinating atm, along with a few other strains i ordered last week.

i love reading how too's you really get a perspective on the different ways people grow, not many people have the same techniques, granted they're all similar but not the same, if you have any on here or saved somewhere id love to read over them :smile:

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
    #748128 - 09/14/14 08:40 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Yeah I love the berry strains myself but I've been smoking them for years. I tend to like my smoke with a fruit taste to it rather then the typical taste or hash taste common with indicas. I'm also more of a fan of hybrid strains and what I like to smoke is what I breed pretty much. That's pretty much how the breeding started. I never could find exactly what I wanted so I went about making it myself. I never thought I was gonna get addicted to the process. :shrug:

I haven't done a ton of work with the Diesel strains or OG Kush and the strains that center around it so I have a few projects centered around those right now.

Man don't get me started. I can go on about growing for hours. You have no idea how many times I've written long "how to" write ups only to delete them cause I figure there just to damn boring. :rolleyes:

my brain is a sponge bro, I'll read anything I can learn from.  :nerd:

if it werent for growers on the internet I wouldnt know shit about anything.  :super:

I dont know or live near any growers that I can sponge info from so I come here and on youtube to absorb what I can to put all my favorite pieces together to make my own picture.

Ive been at it for 2 years now and Im just now dialing in my methods and setup.  now I just need that magical bean to have the genetics needed to give me the yields along with the wanted effects and Id be kosher :blazed:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: My Blueberry x Haze [Re: 13buds]
    #748167 - 09/15/14 12:17 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I heard recently that the best seeds to get are f2 and that most breeders don't sell these or at least don't let you know. apparently with f2 you can get something called transgressive segregation where the children can outperform the parents. not that I know much about this stuff

edit add: somewhat related... DJ short does a bunch of exclusive interviews and gives a lot of good info on some high times webcast called "free weed" here's an mp3 of the first one with DJ short. might want to skip to 24:30. I don't really like that webcast though, just the DJ short part is cool.

btw megash you should put up those guides you delete! I'd probably read that shit

Edited by Midgetpawn (09/15/14 12:51 AM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My Blueberry x Haze [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #748175 - 09/15/14 02:36 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Ok. you just bought some AK47 seeds and some GDP seeds. Now you have a stellar AK47 male and a killer GDP female or the other way around it don't matter. The first cross of two different strains is a F1. F1s will usually be fairly stable. Now you grow out a pack of seeds and decide to polinate a female with a male from the same pack of seeds those will be F2s.
F2s are much less stable. I'd only suggest somebody breeding use them. The reason is traits that were dormant or recessive will be able to come out in f2s. Pretty much meaning there are gonna be tons of phenos in a pack of f2s and not just one or two like a pack of F1s.

F1s: You plant a pack of F1s (most seeds from Amsterdam are F1s) and you get some plants like mommy and some like daddy. Some may be more sativa like one parent and some like dad who may have been a indica. Usually only a few phenos.

F2s: With F2s you get plants that are like daddy, mommy, grandma, grandpa, any of the traits contained in the genes of the plant can come out in any combination of ways.

My way. I take two parent plants. I make sure the male and the female have all the traits I like (floweromg time, speed of growth, taste, and so on)and I cross those. Then I take the best female and the best male I can find from those F2s and breed them together. Then from the F3s the best female is chosen and crossed with the original father plant. Then from those seeds the best male is chosen and crossed with the original mother plant. Then a male and a female from those seeds are crossed. Those seeds are then tested for stability. (You should be able to cross any of my seeds and get seeds exactly like you bought from me). If I'm trying to get a certain trait that I must have then the process has a few different steps and can take much longer.
So it takes me 5 grow sessions for each batch of seeds I make to sell. Now you guys know why it takes me time. I don't just knock out a batch of F1s and call them the holy grail and sell them telling people there gonna do this or that when I don't know what the hell their gonna do.:nono:

So for my strain Purple Monster which is Purple Kush x GDP x Purple Erkle X Mendocino Purps the process was done with Purple Kush and GDP then in a separate area Purple Erkle and Mendocino Purps were going threw the same process. Then once the process was done with those two sets of parent plants then it was begun again with a Purple Kush x GDP parent and a Purple Erkle x Mendocino parent. To stop being boring I'll get to the point. The process to make Purple Monster took 12 grows. Lets see Dutch Passion fucking do that. (I can't stand them that is why I singled them out)

To some people this may seem like a waste of time and doesn't need to be done but I'm willing to bet the people that have grown my strains don't think that. :crazy2:;)

Sorry I'm getting long winded again. I told you guys I can go for fucking hours esp when I've been smoking wax. :justdontknow:

I'll update the grow of Blueberry Haze that is in the original post of this thread.:wexican:

Offlinematt1208
Stranger

#748177 - 09/15/14 03:55 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

was a good read with some interesting info, wasnt quiet sure of the difference between f1 and f2 but now i know :P i resent dutch passion, not a single seed ive gotten from them has germinated, NOT A SINGLE FUCKING SEED, i would email them and complain but i really cbf seems like alot of effort just for another batch of shitty seeds that wont germinate

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#748178 - 09/15/14 07:15 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Dude...PLEASE let me know when you have some more seeds ready...Im very interested in your Blueberry x Haze and Maneater but I will try whatever you have. Im so sick of dealing with finicky genetics.

--------------------
:firecum:

Offlinematt1208
Stranger

Re: My Blueberry x Haze [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #748180 - 09/15/14 07:31 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

:whathesaid:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My Blueberry x Haze [Re: matt1208] * 3
    #748647 - 09/17/14 06:34 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Like I said these grow fast. This is the same plants as the very first pic in this thread only a week later.

--------------------

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

#748792 - 09/18/14 03:30 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

fuck beautiful man :clap:

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My Blueberry x Haze [Re: Sham87]
    #749288 - 09/23/14 01:07 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Compare this to the first pic in the post and remember it's only been 10 days.

--------------------

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

#749320 - 09/23/14 09:23 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

:drooling:

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Re: My Blueberry x Haze [Re: Sham87]
    #749332 - 09/23/14 10:20 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Does your haze perform similarly?  :blazed:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My Blueberry x Haze [Re: 13buds]
    #749339 - 09/23/14 11:17 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

13buds said:
Does your haze perform similarly?  :blazed:

This is My Haze that I'm talking about :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom