Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLotsae

DP Blueberry..
    #397108 - 04/06/10 02:42 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Has anyone gwon this strain before? I am somewhat of a noob and the first crop was a disaster...

On top of getting pollinated (b/c of my ignorance), the buds were VERY loose and airy, VERY LACKING in trichomes, and tasted nothing like blueberry.

I'm starting to think I didn't let it go long enough (62 days), because only a couple small portions turned purple-ish. This time I'm going to let it go a few extra weeks.

Has anyone had a succesful Dutch Passion Blueberry grow? Any tips?

I have an old Cannabis Culture magazine that interviewd DJ SHort about his blueberry (are they the same genes as DP?), and he said that b/c of the fact he used alot of sativas to breed the strain, that using 13/11 (on/off) for flowering would produce better results. Something about the lnadraces he breeded them from were close to the equator and they really getting something like 13/11 for flowering.

Which brings me to another question, Dutch Passion lists their Blueberry as an indica dom. However Dj Short says he used alot of sativas to breed the strain. I know theere's the possibility that they're not the same genes, but I bet they're pretty close.

And judging by the way the plants grows, I can see nothing but sativa traits. They are very long and tall plants and produced very light and airy buds (the first time).

However, with my first DPBB crop, I ran into many problems that I could not fix. I got everything sorted out now, though, along with CO2 and a Super HPS bulb so this crop should be better.

Has anyone tried teh 13/11 cycle for the BB, or any crop for that matter? Or any other pointers at all from their experience with Blueberry? Is it just a bitch to grow?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: DP Blueberry.. [Re: Lotsae]
    #397474 - 04/07/10 06:05 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I can't believe no one has answered this yet.

I look forward to growing Blueberry at some point in the future and have some of the same questions. I do know that apparently DJ Shorts BB is the original BB (so it's rumored). Supposedly it can be a bitch to grow. Other than that I'm at a loss.

Anyone with Blueberry experience???

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

Loc: Québec
Re: DP Blueberry.. [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #397475 - 04/07/10 06:13 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Just from reading DPBB is utter crap so there is your answer.

--------------------

I eat animals and most things that live in the sea, I'm not green but I smoke it and I litter to keep cunts like you in a job so fuck off.

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: DP Blueberry.. [Re: juke adro]
    #397479 - 04/07/10 06:25 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, that's what I'm reading also. I planned on going DJS ftw. Seems to be consensus that DJ's is the original Blueberry.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

Loc: Québec
Re: DP Blueberry.. [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #397483 - 04/07/10 06:59 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

:yesnod:

--------------------

I eat animals and most things that live in the sea, I'm not green but I smoke it and I litter to keep cunts like you in a job so fuck off.

OfflineUnion420
Horticulturist

Loc: New World
    #398011 - 04/07/10 08:50 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Im currently working with DPBB, I also read alot of bad posts about it and this and that. Ive grown other BB strains including DJ's True Blue and BB along with other breeders version of BB like sagamartha (spelling) BC Bud Depot ect.. I stayed away from DPBB for a long time untill now due to what I read, Im finding out now that most of what I read was misleading. Of all the strains of BB ive had DP and DJ (to be expected) have the best. I saw slight differences between the two but overall mostly the same. DP's version has 3 distinct phenos where I believe DJ's have 2 but really one considering the only difference was hight and leaf structure, the bud structure was almost exact as was the smell and taist.

I havent heard of this 13 hour thing but it could very well be true or helpfull. I think this would apply better to certain phenos like sativa leaning ones. At this point I can make out 3 phenos in DP's BB one indica dom, one sativa dom, and one thats a mix of the two but with slightly more indica indica leaves actually more afgani with long leaf stems, hardly noticeable at best tho, nothing like the indica dom one.

--------------------
Everything is fictional, I dont even exist.

OfflineLotsae

Re: DP Blueberry.. [Re: Union420]
    #398358 - 04/08/10 01:57 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Well, the phenos I have seen were ALL sativa doms. But I did only have 5 beans.

However, I have noticed that they are very senstitive. I had a mite issue and sprayed neem oil, then two Azamax treatments b/c I could not find AVID anywhere but the net. I realize now they're not the same.

Anyhow, out f 7 BB clones, 3 hermed out with two more being questionable. However, out of 8 BamBataa clones only one hermed out, with the rest looking in very good shape. Therefore, the BB genetics I have are definitely less tolerable to stress.

Also, has anyone ever tried this Azamax stuff? Could this stuff be the cause of my plants herming out?

Offline114425
Stranger
 User Gallery

#398440 - 04/08/10 06:03 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

From what i hear DPBB hermies a lot.

OfflineLotsae

Re: DP Blueberry.. [Re: 114425]
    #398828 - 04/09/10 10:02 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I checked today and all but one of the BB's are herms while all the BamBataas are ok.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale