Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
Re: Experimental outdoor winter soil grow - White Rhino bag seed - Australia [Re: jimmy_james]
    #740646 - 07/18/14 06:48 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Oh wow, so this plant is already 2 weeks into flowering?  I will be interested to see the yield that comes off of this plant.  Keep us posted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejimmy_james
Stranger

Re: Experimental outdoor winter soil grow - White Rhino bag seed - Australia [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #740681 - 07/19/14 12:33 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

That's right. I'm expecting a pretty low yield (maybe only a quarter ounce dry to be honest) as she's still small and has been vegging through winter so not ideal conditions. Still, I will keep all y'all posted.

Offlinescrapske
Stranger

Re: Experimental outdoor winter soil grow - White Rhino bag seed - Australia [Re: jimmy_james]
    #740685 - 07/19/14 03:32 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

are you sure shes flowering not just showing sex?

i mean i woudnt be surprised seeing as how here in oz its the time of year they should flower, but im pretty sure they need to show sex before they jump into that

could revege back if it doesnt grow quick enough and the light hours get longer again?

goodluck either way dude, dont hear enough about aussie winter grows!

Offlinejimmy_james
Stranger

Re: Experimental outdoor winter soil grow - White Rhino bag seed - Australia [Re: scrapske]
    #740686 - 07/19/14 03:52 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I'm guessing it's flowering if I can see the white pistils, right? But you are right about the possibility of revegging. It's all an experiment so whatever happens, we can add it to our knowledge banks. And it might help out a fellow winter grower some day.

But yeah, the light hours are getting longer again now, so if she's not far enough into flower I reckon she will reveg. In that case, I've got a nice early start for summer :wink:

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

#740847 - 07/21/14 02:29 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

If there are large white pistils then yes it has began flowering already.  If it goes into reveg then you will end up with a nice size plant but either way for a winter grow in Australia, I'm assuming this is a decent size plant?

Offlinejimmy_james
Stranger

Re: Experimental outdoor winter soil grow - White Rhino bag seed - Australia [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #740894 - 07/22/14 01:46 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

She's only about 6 inches tall at this point so she is little - if she flowers all the way through though I will keep it in mind and start the grow a little earlier next time around to get another few inches on her before flowering.

Hoping to have a closer look at her this week so I will report back in the next few days if she is still flowering or reverting to veg.

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

#741039 - 07/23/14 12:05 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Yea I would start a couple weeks sooner if you can because the longer the plants gets to veg, the bigger yield you will have in the end if the plants in ideal conditions and is never stressed of course. I will keep checking for your response. Best of luck!

Offlinejimmy_james
Stranger

#741547 - 07/27/14 04:56 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

OK, here we go. My first update in two weeks.

The lady is chugging along very well. Looking very healthy despite no nutes since her transplant into the bigger pot, so I think that soil mix from my first post is a winner. I'm gonna use it for the summer grow for sure now.

The leaves are a beautiful healthy green colour, and forming very nicely, although still no five-leafers.

The bud sites are certainly still forming so I think we can confidently say she is still flowering. Can I get some confirmation based on this pic?

Looks like more and more bud sites are popping up on her too - I'll probably get a bit of popcorn off this one if flowering goes all the way through.

Offlinejimmy_james
Stranger

#742692 - 08/03/14 06:34 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

This girl is still flowering along nicely. She's about a month in now, and I think the calyxes are starting to form and I can even see some trichs on her. Still looking healthy and nice.

Here's some pics.

If the 60-day flowering period is accurate, she's got less than 30 days to go, but I reckon if she does go all the way through she will need longer than that - I can't imagine harvesting these buds in four weeks.

Any thoughts or comments from anyone?

Offlinejimmy_james
Stranger

#746672 - 09/07/14 05:12 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

OK, finally here is an update. I've got a few questions here and would love some input.

Firstly, here is the main girl. I think she is still in flowering as there are new pistils popping out and plenty of trichs on her, but we are definitely heading into a spring/summer light schedule now and I can't really see buds per se forming. Maybe she is flowering super slowly in preparation for revegging.

Any ideas peeps?

And interestingly the little random one that popped up in a pot is actually growing amazingly well! Maybe 6 inches tall with really big fan leaves compared to the other one. I've repotted her from crap potting mix into the mix I used for the others (see first post, but basically potting mix, perlite, shroom compost and cow and sheep shit I think), and have had my first go at LSTing. Oh, and I swear I've seen pistils shooting out so she's probably a girl too :smile:

Does this look like I have done the right thing to start the LST?

Any help much appreciated chaps and ladies!

Offlinewebster10

#746690 - 09/07/14 07:34 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Flowering a plant outdoors and then revegging it only to flower again is dangerous game if you live in a humid climate. Watch out for bud rot. Other than that, I don't have much to input. Good luck :thumbup:

Offlinejimmy_james
Stranger

Re: Experimental outdoor winter soil grow - White Rhino bag seed - Australia [Re: webster10]
    #747066 - 09/09/14 05:23 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks Webster. If it's revegging it won't revert to flower for at least another four months.

Can anyone let me know if the LST looks ok, and if that other plant looks like it is still flowering? I'm a bit confused ...

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#747069 - 09/09/14 06:06 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Your LSTing looks ok .Little young but what ever:wellidunno:

Just try to keep the top lower than the rest. Shit I made one of my plants go around the bucket lol. OOOOOoo and be easy. Dont force it . It will break if you dont watch. Good luck.

Offlinejimmy_james
Stranger

Re: Experimental outdoor winter soil grow - White Rhino bag seed - Australia [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #747074 - 09/09/14 07:14 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks Bud. I'll keep that in mind. Interested to see how it recovers after a few days of LST. I'll keep you guys posted with another update in a few days :smile:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#747076 - 09/09/14 07:38 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Here is one i was playing around with.

Offlinejimmy_james
Stranger

Re: Experimental outdoor winter soil grow - White Rhino bag seed - Australia [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #747275 - 09/10/14 01:42 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Nice! Did you LST that puppy? What sort of technique did you use - just working it in a circle around the pot?

Offlinemagic420
forager

#747362 - 09/10/14 04:07 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

nice try outside. you did not mention a temp. plus, with light increasing, your plant will become confused. supplement light with a small LED to extend veg time. or start covering to maintain same 12/12.

Offlinejimmy_james
Stranger

Re: Experimental outdoor winter soil grow - White Rhino bag seed - Australia [Re: magic420]
    #747835 - 09/13/14 01:12 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I'm just going to let her keep going through summer and see what happens. Was hoping to get a little bud but I think that's probably unlikely now.

Offlinejimmy_james
Stranger

#747977 - 09/14/14 01:18 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

OK, so no. 3, the oldest one, still appears to be throwing out pistils but it isn't really forming buds - see below.

Anyone know if this is normal when a lady starts to reveg etc?

And here's the other one I LSTed. It seemed to take the LST well and is looking pretty damn good. Throwing out a few pistils too but hopefully the increasing light hours will kick her back into veg.

Anywho, I top dressed them with a little sheep shit and gave them their first nutes after over three months - a light to medium dose of Charlie Carp.

Keep y'all posted. Love to hear any comments re: the first lady revegging if anyone has any clues what's going on there?

InvisibleCOOKED101
Eagle Eyes
Male

#748309 - 09/16/14 03:20 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Hey jimmy James, I think it's a bit early for plants to reveg just yet. We've only just started spring and there's only just gone over 12 hrs light very recently, they like to flick back to veg more towards the 13.5 hr mark, in the tail end of spring.
I reveged a couple last year and have done others in the past,
Early stage of reveg.

Same two in the closest pot in pic.

There's a few things you can do in about a months time to help the plant reveg. I like to up the up the pot size to at least 30 liters, plenty of room for the roots, this helps a lot in getting it back into growth, when I repot I like to give the plant a slightly different soil mix, I'll add a good buffer of Nitrogen (blood meal powder, you can find it in Bunnings, it's marked 14-0-0 npk) to my usual balanced mix, it seems to really gets the new shoots pushing out. I also prune the plant back a bit and usually get a few little buds in the process, I'll cut the main stem down so theres only the 2 bottom heathy nodes left ( bottom 4 branches) and there fan/shade leaves,extremely important not to take the fan/shade leaves off, then I'll take the little bits of bud/tip along those 4 branches, but I leave a tiny bit of bud/tip behind as I do this with every bit I take. It's more like a FIM process as it's all small bits and I'm more so just plucking it back with my fingers. Doing this pruning forces it back to reveg as the root system is so large in ratio with the size of the plant it has no choice but to start pushing out new shoots, usually 2 to 4 new shoots, every place you plucked, fimmed along those bottom branches as long as left a tiny bit behind.

Any how this process has worked for me for years to get them back In growth and was shown to me along time from a good experienced outdoor grower, I hope it helps and hope your season is bountiful.:cool:

--------------------

Edited by COOKED101 (09/16/14 03:25 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder