Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Sentimental/Prized Things you own
    #741037 - 07/23/14 11:51 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

So since things have been really slow around here lately, I figured stop bitching and start contributing.
So yeah here.

I am not talking about the most expensive shit you own. Hell it could have been free. Just things you own that mean a lot to you. Maybe how you acquired the item, or the story behind it. I am definitely not a rich man, but I am rich in the sense that family is very important to me. I have very cool kids and an awesome wife, in my opinion that is worth more than money any day to me.

So here are a few things that I consider my most prized possessions.

My Washburn Dime 2st. I love this guitar. Ever since I started playing guitar, there were 2 in particular that I swore I'd have before I die. One was a Fender Jaguar and the other was a dimebag Darrell guitar. I got lucky and found this in a pawn shop. The guy was asking 500 bucks and I knew it wasn't worth that much with the shape it was in. SO I left and figured I could come back and swindle him down. However I had no idea my wife ahd already been in there and seen it. She told the guy to leave it up and put an expensive price tag on it so I wouldn't come in and buy it. Turned out she had already made 4 payments on it and had like 20 bucks left on it.lol. I got off work one morning and stopped by the shop to check in on it and it was gone.

I was so bummed, but when I got home I went into my band room and holy shit. There it was hanging on the wall with my wife's panties on it.lol. That's abit of an inside joke.
She bought it for me right under my nose.

This next item is something from my dad. I know most have you have probably seen my posts bitching about him on here, but he can be really cool as well. He served in Vietnam as a US Marine Corp. Sniper. I always felt extremely proud of him when I was younger, and I still do. When I was about 13 or 14 he gave me this ceremonial bayonet that he got when he got out. Its definitely one of those things I would grab in the event of a fire. Means a lot to me.

This is a little dragon statue my son painted for me. They have aplace around here where you can go and buy little trinkets and then paint them yourself and they will put it in a kiln and after a week they call you and you get it back. My son had never painted anything like this before and at the time he was just turning 5. I kind of expected a cool dragon, but I never expected his painting to be that precise.
For his condition and shit, this dragon is amazing.

He ran inside when he got home with it and looked at me and said Daddy this is for you, I made it for you and not mommy.lolol.

Last one. This is the first guitar my wife ever bought for me. I named it Marie. It is special for me, mainly because I had never had a girlfriend buy me something so nice before. And we had only been together for about 2 years at the time. She surprised me with this on fathers day. Then she told me we were having a baby. WTF. Definitely knew how to sugarcoat the news.lol. I wondered why she got me a gift for fathers day. Hell I thought it was a bit of a joke cause she called me daddy sometimes during sex.lol.

So whatcha got? Whats extremely important to you? What would you grab if your place was burning down?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Sentimental/Prized Things you own [Re: TribalSeed] * 1
    #741089 - 07/23/14 07:31 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Most of my sentimental stuff are only kept up in memories. My family moved around a decent amount...and my parents hated clutter in the offspring's bedrooms. So several moves, several garage sales, and several trips to the dump later...most of the prized possessions from my grandfather, great grandmother, my first real science projects, and a lot of my old photos/negatives were purged from my life.

Meh...I still have my guitars and an old grandfather clock from my great grandmother...but thats about it. :shrug:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#741097 - 07/23/14 08:07 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Awesome dragon.  Good job for a youngster.  We have a place by us with the same one available.  I couldn't get my kids to take interest in that piece.  We ended up doing light switches, a train, and some plates.

My Gibson Les Paul rates really high on things I am really happy to have acquired.  Also a superb Native American flute I bought from a local player.  Both make my awful playing still manage to sound rich.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Re: Sentimental/Prized Things you own [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #741120 - 07/23/14 10:16 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

agmotes165 said:
Most of my sentimental stuff are only kept up in memories. My family moved around a decent amount...and my parents hated clutter in the offspring's bedrooms. So several moves, several garage sales, and several trips to the dump later...most of the prized possessions from my grandfather, great grandmother, my first real science projects, and a lot of my old photos/negatives were purged from my life.

Meh...I still have my guitars and an old grandfather clock from my great grandmother...but thats about it. :shrug:

I feel ya man. Between the divorce and the countless moves, most of my kid stuff that I wanted to keep is gone.
Memories are good enough for me.lol

Quote:

CrayolaHalls said:
Awesome dragon.  Good job for a youngster.  We have a place by us with the same one available.  I couldn't get my kids to take interest in that piece.  We ended up doing light switches, a train, and some plates.

My Gibson Les Paul rates really high on things I am really happy to have acquired.  Also a superb Native American flute I bought from a local player.  Both make my awful playing still manage to sound rich.

Got me wondering where your at bro.lol
I would be giddy too if I had a guitar with Gibson on it.lol. Those pricetags are insane.lol.

I have a tomahawk pipe and one of those flutes. I guess they didn't really stand out to me because I am native American. :shrug:
I used to have a headdress from our tribe a long time ago, but that was one of the things lost in the moves.lol

--------------------

InvisibleBlueBerry_SwisherS
Heart Slowed

Loc: Raw Headspace Flag
    #741127 - 07/23/14 11:36 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

My most prized possession is my violin. Its a Stradivarius replica worth well over $40,000. Been in the family over 70 years. It sounds so clear. Its pretty amazing.

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Re: Sentimental/Prized Things you own [Re: BlueBerry_Swisher]
    #741146 - 07/24/14 10:48 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BlueBerry_Swisher said:
My most prized possession is my violin. Its a Stradivarius replica worth well over $40,000. Been in the family over 70 years. It sounds so clear. Its pretty amazing.

:baaaam:
Wow. Isnt it crazy even the replicas are worth so much money. Can you play it? I have tried my hand at violin, yet all I can seem to play and make it sound decent is bluegrass. Go figure.

--------------------

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Re: Sentimental/Prized Things you own [Re: TribalSeed]
    #741155 - 07/24/14 11:47 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Pretty much my knives that were handed down to me and some guns..  I have a couple other random things like pictures with their frames and an unopened box of basketball cards given to me the day i was born

InvisibleBlueBerry_SwisherS
Heart Slowed

Loc: Raw Headspace Flag
    #741157 - 07/24/14 12:07 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I've played since I was 6. Not so much anymore and I play my electric more often now. But I'm not bad :cheersyoufuck:

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Re: Sentimental/Prized Things you own [Re: PoloDown]
    #741159 - 07/24/14 12:44 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BlueBerry_Swisher said:
I've played since I was 6. Not so much anymore and I play my electric more often now. But I'm not bad :cheersyoufuck:

:bow2:
Nothing hotter than a chick that knows her way around a fretboard and some strings. Grr.
I bet the electric cuts out a lot of unnessecary noise. I have a cheapo beginner one and if you don't hit the strings just right with just the right amount of rosin on the bow, you get the most horrid nails on chalkboard-like sound.

Quote:

PoloDown said:
Pretty much my knives that were handed down to me and some guns..  I have a couple other random things like pictures with their frames and an unopened box of basketball cards given to me the day i was born

I have quite a few guns as well. I have pictures of them, but mainly for ID purposes and got the Serial #s wrote on the back of the pics. Other than that I don't say much about having them. The last gun I got from my dad was one I loved but he hated. M-11, looks like a tech 9, but a little bigger. Made by Cobray.
Most of my guns were handed down save for a few. My favorites are the M-1 Garand that my dad carried in Vietnam and his Carbine. Amazing rifles that are as strong as they look.

You ever looked up how much those cards were worth unopened? I have the 1977 Cards from Star Wars, like the entire set. But no one will buy them nowadays. Bout like me saving Pokémon cards from my childhood thinking they would double or triple in value.

Anybody want a Jigglypuff?

--------------------

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#741160 - 07/24/14 12:58 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Those sound like some pretty sweet rifles.

I think a few years ago I looked at how much my cards might be worth and it was pretty disappointing.  But who knows, I could of looked up the wrong cards.  You dont actually know whats in the box until you open it as far as i know.  I could always get a picture of it

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#741161 - 07/24/14 01:09 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I have heard that in most cases like yours the guys who sold it would have been better opening it and finding the "rare" cards.
The M-1 is worth quite abit now. I was shocked at the going price for them. I also have a Wells Fargo Centinial (sp) rifle from Winchester. Got offered 1500 bucks for it last year, but since it wasa given to me by my dad I couldn't sell it.

Another pistol given to me by him was his service pistol. A Colt 1911 .45. Heavey as fuck and clumsy as fuck to hold, but god help whatever you are aiming at. I mostly keep it in its little glass case. Its so old now that firing it would do more harm than good for it.

--------------------

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#741162 - 07/24/14 01:19 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe one day Ill open it.  Its over 23 years old now.

Definitely keep those guns, even at 1500 I think the sentimental value would be worth more.

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#741206 - 07/24/14 08:57 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PoloDown said:
Maybe one day Ill open it.  Its over 23 years old now.

Definitely keep those guns, even at 1500 I think the sentimental value would be worth more.

once we break 15 grand, then Mr. Benjamin Franklin starts making that sentimental value disappear.lol

--------------------

InvisibleFazed
and dazed

#741272 - 07/25/14 01:24 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

my uncles knife would have to be most sentimental but i do like my semi pro video camera even though its a bit dated not being hd n'all...

--------------------

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Re: Sentimental/Prized Things you own [Re: Fazed]
    #741276 - 07/25/14 01:31 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Fazed said:
my uncles knife would have to be most sentimental but i do like my semi pro video camera even though its a bit dated not being hd n'all...

That is schweet regardless of HD. I bet you could do some pretty awesome shit with that camera. Looks like the ones the guys in the Jackass movies used.

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: Sentimental/Prized Things you own [Re: BlueBerry_Swisher]
    #741288 - 07/25/14 06:16 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BlueBerry_Swisher said:

Why didn't you bring it and serenade me :megacrankey:  I call shennanigans...

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: Sentimental/Prized Things you own [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #741294 - 07/25/14 07:45 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Autographed Derrick Thomas jersey the year he died, got it from him personally. That's about it, all of my sentimental stuff from my childhood burned in a house fire many years ago.

--------------------
:firecum:

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
Re: Sentimental/Prized Things you own [Re: Fazed]
    #741299 - 07/25/14 08:18 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Fazed said:

I've always wanted one of these back in the days of filming bmx. Probably still get one for the hell of it cause cameras are fun.

I guess my prized possessions are a Zippo lighter that's nearly 10yrs old, all my books, my rucksack, pool cue, journals and notebooks of my nonsense/drawings, and a blanket that was the last gift to me from my mom before she died 18 years ago.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder