Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
This is why you don't use Hightimes for grow advise. (unless you're a fucking retard) * 2
    #738795 - 07/03/14 10:43 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

This is the new method they are telling people to do to flush soil plants

Quote:

One way to really flush your soil plants is to take them out of their pots in the last three days of their flower cycle. Clean the soil away from the roots being careful not to damage them, then put the whole plant in a bucket of water so that the roots are submerged in it. Your plant will survive for a couple of days and in the meantime the direct uptake of water will really flush the nutrients out.

If you want to flush the nutrients out of a plant it's gonna take more then 3 days and no mention of the massive root shock the plants will be going into.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: This is why you don't use Hightimes for grow advise. (unless you're a fucking retard) [Re: Magash]
    #738797 - 07/03/14 11:13 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

If you stop feeding 2-3 weeks before harvest and increase your watering frequency is it really necessary to flush at all?

--------------------
:firecum:

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Re: This is why you don't use Hightimes for grow advise. (unless you're a fucking retard) [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #738798 - 07/03/14 11:19 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

:facepalm3:
Damn high times has really gotten desperate. Besides putting your roots in water doesn't really coincide with no watering for the last three days. I have always heard the latter.
Seems like they put any jackass idea in the mag just to stay "new and innovative" in the cannabis market. Yet this is the same magazine that glorified drug use in general back in the old days. Hypocrites.lol.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: This is why you don't use Hightimes for grow advise. (unless you're a fucking retard) [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #738799 - 07/03/14 11:30 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

bEelzeBosS said:
If you stop feeding 2-3 weeks before harvest and increase your watering frequency is it really necessary to flush at all?

That is pretty much what I tell people to do and nobody has complained yet that it hasn't worked.

Quote:

no watering for the last three days

I wouldn't. The last weeks right up until the last day are the time when the insides of the the bud or the calyx's swell the most. This is one of the things that gives the buds that rock hard feel. Not the time to be stingy with the water. :growingweed:

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: This is why you don't use Hightimes for grow advise. (unless you're a fucking retard) [Re: Magash]
    #738857 - 07/04/14 12:29 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Fucking high times.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #738858 - 07/04/14 01:28 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

The people at High Times must be smoking crack.

Back in the 70's the DEA was buying there mailing list. Wonder if they still do?

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

Re: This is why you don't use Hightimes for grow advise. (unless you're a fucking retard) [Re: KaptKid]
    #738868 - 07/04/14 03:12 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

KaptKid said:
Wonder if they still do?

I sincerely doubt it.

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Re: This is why you don't use Hightimes for grow advise. (unless you're a fucking retard) [Re: Mycophile]
    #738903 - 07/04/14 10:08 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mycophile said:
Quote:

KaptKid said:
Wonder if they still do?

I sincerely doubt it.

That would be the story of the decade. Stoners selling stoners out......wait, not really. SHit happens all the time around here.

I think the majority of growers who have a bit of a clue whats going on would get their info from grow sites and journals and shit like this place. Especially since most of the time there are a lot of pictures to back it up.

High Times is a joke.

--------------------

Offlinephishphan2088
doppleganger
 User Gallery

Re: This is why you don't use Hightimes for grow advise. (unless you're a fucking retard) [Re: TribalSeed]
    #820921 - 11/09/16 12:36 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

I really need to bump this! I did pick up some solid tips from ht, even if they are trying to sell ad space to pot companies. For me it's a fun periodical, not to be taken as gospel. Thank god for the internet and the site. The growery is a vehicle for cultivation practices. I am still learning, But thanks to the site and it's members I have solid basic knowledge on the subject. I still encourage people to read HT even if it's only to debunk the myths for the future progress of farming and the industry.

--------------------

Sucking at something is the first step in being kinda good at something.-Jake the Dog

OfflineMof
Male

Re: This is why you don't use Hightimes for grow advise. (unless you're a fucking retard) [Re: phishphan2088]
    #821181 - 11/16/16 05:08 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

yeah i spend like 10-14 days flushing
the only thing that makes the water move through the plant are the pores on the leaves opening and closing
because of evaporation
so the water gets pulled from the roots through it's covalent bonds

Edited by Mof (11/16/16 05:09 AM)

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Re: This is why you don't use Hightimes for grow advise. (unless you're a fucking retard) [Re: Mof]
    #821183 - 11/16/16 11:46 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

It's not the only bad advice i've heard in regard to cultivating plants.

I used to have a book who's author recommended to soak cannabis seeds in BLEACH before planting them!

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. CannabisPatient

Offline8787sunshine
classic stoner
Re: This is why you don't use Hightimes for grow advise. (unless you're a fucking retard) [Re: cannabispatient]
    #821184 - 11/16/16 01:04 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

I learned how to grow by reading High Times.  I failed at cloning my first time.

--------------------
Bombing swords exit the murder charge left it exposed supposed words sex trip further on you took off your clothes

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male

Loc: Wonderland
Re: This is why you don't use Hightimes for grow advise. (unless you're a fucking retard) [Re: 8787sunshine]
    #821316 - 11/20/16 03:33 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quite an old thread, but yeah, that's why I'm going through growery before any other sources.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder