Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
I decided to do a small-scale quick wash iso on some trim and an under-developed herm bud I got from my first few stumbles into growing. I've tried to make iso hash before with some less-than-quality material and ended up with a dark green/black ball of nasty tasting shit.
This isn't what's happening now thankfully. I see mostly very light amber, but while it's drying now I see that it looks white, in the last few bits of liquid( the bits that you can spread thin by simply rolling around the bottom of the dish so they evaporate faster, really probably less than 10 ml total). The only materials I used were glass and a reusable coffee filter which I have used before for other extractions without issue.
I did the wash for less than a minute and poured it straight in the dish, then wrung out the rest of the plant material with my fingers before disposing of it.
All I REALLY need to know is if the last bit of liquid looking sort of milky white is an indicator of something bad. I saw a thread where someone claimed it was dissolved metals but that guy was using an aluminum tray to evap. Even then I haven't known aluminum to give way to ISO after just a couple hours. Or much at all, for that matter...
The dish is green btw. But the liquid looks slightly more tan upon closer inspection. Still quite milky. Would it be like that if the trichomes never matured, or none ever turned amber?
EDIT: Guess there was no use posting this question to this forum. You all can tell me what I did to my lungs later, it's already dry, like 30 minutes later. 1000W HPS reflector exhaust dries up extracts pretty quick.
I dont have much experience with iso but i can put some pics of a few ozs of diff bhos weve recently made...
all i know is i wouldnt smoke that milk.
butane can have mystery oil but iso is diluted with just water so i can only assume that the milk is a product of the buds.
You also said a "reusable coffee filter". If you use the same filter for multiple extractions (like mean skreenz) then you need to wash them between uses. Maybe pieces of bud that stay in the screen for long periods of time between extractions could also be bad.
It wasn't milk by the time I smoked it. What I scraped up was 70-80% amber sticky goo like I expected, and the other 20% was a dry light-tan dust. It was really only one good dose worth anyway, I used a minimal amount of material for it.
Also, I haven't really done any previous runs, or rather, the ones I did, I don't count as experience doing it correctly.
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Magash, Data, Miscusi 1,002 topic views. 0 members, 9 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]