Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewebster10

Problem keeps getting worse
    #735292 - 06/07/14 06:26 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

oil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
--Seed
2. How old are your plants?
--7 weeks tomorrow.
3. How tall are your plants?
--was about 2 feet or so but then I started LSTing it.
4. What size containers are they planted in?
--3 gallon pots
5. What is your soil mix?
--cheap home depot organic soil, nothing else.
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering?
--Every day, rain water, varies due to rain.
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
--Fox Farm Tiger Bloom (2-8-4) with trace minerals. Also a tablespoon of unsulphured blackstrap molasses is added to every gallon of water used every other day.
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
--Neem oil some nights. I won't be using any more neem oil for a week.
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
--The sun
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
--The sun
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
--Outdoors
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
80-90 F around 60% on average
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
--yes, caterpillars.
16. How much experience do you have growing?
--none

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Loc: funkytown Flag
Re: Problem keeps getting worse [Re: webster10]
    #736084 - 06/14/14 08:59 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Too much watering. You'll want to let them dry up a bit before watering again. And if your vegging still you may want to switch to a nitrogen rich fertilizer like FF Grow Big rather than bloom for now.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Re: Problem keeps getting worse [Re: GreenHorns]
    #736401 - 06/16/14 07:39 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

GreenHorns said:
Too much watering. You'll want to let them dry up a bit before watering again. And if your vegging still you may want to switch to a nitrogen rich fertilizer like FF Grow Big rather than bloom for now.

Yeah definitely. Cut out the tiger bloom and try to find a veg nutrient. Grow Big would be ideal since you already have the bloom Fox Farm Nute.

I cant say for sure on the spots. Maybe mites or some insect issues, likely since your outside, or it could be a nutrient issue. The leaf curling is most likely overwatering like GreenHorns said.

Also I realize there is little you can do right now about it, but look into some decent soil, like Ocean Forest or something like that instead of the home depot stuff. If its all you can get, then add to it and make it more suited to cannabis plants. You got to make the most out of what you got.

Good Luck bro!
:highfive:

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

Re: Problem keeps getting worse [Re: TribalSeed]
    #736489 - 06/17/14 06:41 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the advice. I stopped using nutes for a week and let the rain do its thing. The newer growth looks good and I have bought and started using FF big bloom and grow big along with some molasses.

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
    #736660 - 06/18/14 04:11 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

You can't go wrong with FF nutes or soil.  I have used them for years with solid results.  Can you post pictures of the new growth?

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Re: Problem keeps getting worse [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #736675 - 06/18/14 07:40 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomingChaos said:
You can't go wrong with FF nutes or soil.  I have used them for years with solid results.  Can you post pictures of the new growth?

Yeah for sure. Plus when your a beginner (like me) they are a really good learning tool as far as nutrients go. I have used WAYYYY too much before and my plants still bounced back pretty fair.

The soil mixed with the nutes give good respectable results. As you gain more experience in this you can experiment with different nutes and combinations of nutes to give you better results. Guys on here swear by Botanicare Pure Blend Pro. I have been wanting to try it as well, but I wanna stay in my comfort zone right now.lol.
You should see what these guys can do when they know the nutrients and plants they are working with.
:cookiemonster:

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#736709 - 06/19/14 02:05 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I used home depot soil this grow which was a huge mistake. It has horrible drainage. The problem has not gotten any worse on affected leaves and new growth looks great :thumbup: I have started using FF grow big and big bloom as well as molasses to help provide trace minerals. The plant started getting a little too tall for my liking so I started LSTing the plant. I'll try to snap some pictures for you guys tomorrow.

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#736731 - 06/19/14 09:08 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:
Thanks for the advice, everyone. I used home depot soil this grow which was a huge mistake. It has horrible drainage. The problem has not gotten any worse on affected leaves and new growth looks great :thumbup: I have started using FF grow big and big bloom as well as molasses to help provide trace minerals. The plant started getting a little too tall for my liking so I started LSTing the plant. I'll try to snap some pictures for you guys tomorrow.

I could be wrong on this so do some research to verify, but go light on the molasses in veg. The big bloom has trace minerals in it. That's why its used in conjunction with grow big.

Man that's why this place is here. We all help each other and we all got good smoke thanks to each other. I wouldn't have shit if it weren't for the TC's and members here. Plus the mods.lol

--------------------

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
    #736737 - 06/19/14 09:31 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Everyone here at Growery is here to help. I have a good amount of experience with FFOF and have always had great results.  I have used FFOF soil for 5-6 grows now and I am just now trying out the Roots Organic Greenfields soil from my local HTG store.  So far I am very pleased with both brands. Molasses is a great organic nutrient to feed your plants.  Here's some useful information about watering and using Molasses.  I will be looking for some new pictures!!

Molasses can be mixed with water for a nice water/molasses mixture, that you can then water your plants with. Molasses can also be mixed with your nutrients (check to make sure its okay to use with your particular nutrients you use). The general "rule of thumb" is to use 1tbsp per gallon of water. Simply mix in one tbspn of Molasses into one gallon of water. Next time you water your plants, try using the mixture that you made. Molasses also does indeed help sweeten up things in the end.. I personally have experienced this as well. The sugars in the Molasses, once absorbed by the plants roots, is then shot up to the plants buds/leafs and processed.. therefore.. if you use it properly and weekly.. by harvest time comes around, the sugars from the Molasses.. have gotten trapped inside the buds (trace elements) and that's where they stay.. therefore making the taste/smell of the buds just a little bit sweeter.

Molasses also does something else for the plants.. it actually does speed up the plants metabolism. Which helps with growth speed and vigor of the plant.

Just remember to take it easy with the Molasses.. and only use 1tbsp/gallon and no more than that. I've never seen a plant, that's gotten too much Molasses.. so I'm not really sure what would happen to the plant if it were to get too much of the Molasses mix. So please, if you so choose to try the Molasses on your plants, be careful.. and follow the general rule of thumb.. and only use the 1tbsp/gallon mix.

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Re: Problem keeps getting worse [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #736739 - 06/19/14 09:38 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomingChaos said:
Everyone here at Growery is here to help. I have a good amount of experience with FFOF and have always had great results.  I have used FFOF soil for 5-6 grows now and I am just now trying out the Roots Organic Greenfields soil from my local HTG store.  So far I am very pleased with both brands. Molasses is a great organic nutrient to feed your plants.  Here's some useful information about watering and using Molasses.  I will be looking for some new pictures!!

Molasses can be mixed with water for a nice water/molasses mixture, that you can then water your plants with. Molasses can also be mixed with your nutrients (check to make sure its okay to use with your particular nutrients you use). The general "rule of thumb" is to use 1tbsp per gallon of water. Simply mix in one tbspn of Molasses into one gallon of water. Next time you water your plants, try using the mixture that you made. Molasses also does indeed help sweeten up things in the end.. I personally have experienced this as well. The sugars in the Molasses, once absorbed by the plants roots, is then shot up to the plants buds/leafs and processed.. therefore.. if you use it properly and weekly.. by harvest time comes around, the sugars from the Molasses.. have gotten trapped inside the buds (trace elements) and that's where they stay.. therefore making the taste/smell of the buds just a little bit sweeter.

Molasses also does something else for the plants.. it actually does speed up the plants metabolism. Which helps with growth speed and vigor of the plant.

Just remember to take it easy with the Molasses.. and only use 1tbsp/gallon and no more than that. I've never seen a plant, that's gotten too much Molasses.. so I'm not really sure what would happen to the plant if it were to get too much of the Molasses mix. So please, if you so choose to try the Molasses on your plants, be careful.. and follow the general rule of thumb.. and only use the 1tbsp/gallon mix.

Word?
Hawk and a few others  have told me about molasses and I still haven't invested in any yet. I need to after reading this man. Thanks for correcting me too, I don't wanna give somebody shit advice.lol

It really speeds up the metabolism? I have heard about the sweetening effect, but its always been 50/50, some swear by it and others say they cant tell the difference in the taste.

--------------------

InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

#736742 - 06/19/14 09:42 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:
I used home depot soil this grow which was a huge mistake. It has horrible drainage.

Ya, that shit will kill plants. My advice would be to go get some fox farm and transplant them ASAP.

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Problem keeps getting worse [Re: Mycophile]
    #736756 - 06/19/14 10:12 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

If hes referring to kellogs its not that bad at least.outdoors anyways. Even mag says this stuff is a good,cheap ffof alternative.

InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

Re: Problem keeps getting worse [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #736757 - 06/19/14 10:16 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I've seen it fry enough plants to never trust it again. Even if they survive they certainly won't thrive like they would in good soil.

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Re: Problem keeps getting worse [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #736760 - 06/19/14 10:18 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
If hes referring to kellogs its not that bad at least.outdoors anyways. Even mag says this stuff is a good,cheap ffof alternative.

I know of the stuff you are talking about. He said this stuff had real poor drainage and in the pics it looks like straight mud.Could probably just put in some perlite and some vermiculite and improve the drainage on it if he really wanted to get his money's worth.

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

Re: Problem keeps getting worse [Re: Mycophile]
    #736766 - 06/19/14 10:31 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks everyone for the kind words and useful information. I have only been using 1tsp of molasses/gallon. I can't transfer because it is too late in the grow and I don't have bigger pots. I will try to keep the plant going on just added FF nutes. I will be started my next set of autos (2 malana bomb AF) within 2 weeks. I will be using 70% FFOF and 30% MG perlite. I will add a small layer of the home depot soil around the seedlings so they do not get burnt. Also, they will be in 5 gal pots start to finish.

Offlinewebster10

#736768 - 06/19/14 10:33 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I may also start another CBD blue shark later in the season. If so, that will also be put into the FFOF+Perlite mix. Wish me luck :cool:

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#736769 - 06/19/14 10:40 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Good luck bro!
Let me know how the Cbd strain goes. Got some things I really think the cbd would help.

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#736770 - 06/19/14 10:55 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Okay, will do brother :thumbup:
I'll try to snap some pictures a bit later but it's pouring right now.
    That actually reminds me of a question I have. Should I consider even doing a 40% perlite 60% FFOF mix? The rain is always unpredictable and sometimes it messes up my nute schedule because I don't want to give nutes with extra water on days that is has rained because I want to avoid over watering. If I make my soil extremely aerated, would that give me better control of how dry/wet the soil stays? Thanks again everyone. TGTIF :sun:

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#736771 - 06/19/14 11:02 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:
Okay, will do brother :thumbup:
I'll try to snap some pictures a bit later but it's pouring right now.
    That actually reminds me of a question I have. Should I consider even doing a 40% perlite 60% FFOF mix? The rain is always unpredictable and sometimes it messes up my nute schedule because I don't want to give nutes with extra water on days that is has rained because I want to avoid over watering. If I make my soil extremely aerated, would that give me better control of how dry/wet the soil stays? Thanks again everyone. TGTIF :sun:

I don't grow outdoors, can't. With that said, I want to say yes it will give you abit more control, but if it is particularly dry, then you could be watering a hell of a lot more. Hopefully one of the outdoor guys on here will see this. If the same logic applies indoor as out then it makes sense.

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#736774 - 06/19/14 11:26 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I'm fine with watering more I just don't want the soil to be a runny mess that is never dry like it is right now. I snapped a pic of the whole plant, a close up of some old growth and a close up of some new growth

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck