Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestarcade
Stranger

i don't understand the diameters people post for their grow spaces.
    #736070 - 06/13/14 10:54 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

When people say 8x4x4 for example, i was thinking the 8 meant 8 foot high, and the 4 as a width but what is the other 4? Just starting out growing trees, and starting from the very bottom rung..thx

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenight trainV
Male

Loc: Midwest, US
Re: i don't understand the diameters people post for their grow spaces. [Re: starcade]
    #736086 - 06/14/14 10:17 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

In that case I would say that's the depth.  As in 4' wide x 4' wide x 8' high.

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Re: i don't understand the diameters people post for their grow spaces. [Re: night train] * 2
    #736108 - 06/14/14 03:00 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Length x width x height

elementary math...seriously there is no excuse for not knowing that. Ive literally taught that to a class of 6th graders.

--------------------

Offlinestarcade
Stranger

Re: i don't understand the diameters people post for their grow spaces. [Re: SmokeSomeHash]
    #736480 - 06/17/14 12:39 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Well, it's been a long time since 6th grade, so suck my dick.

Thank you to nighttrain, much appreciated.

Edited by starcade (06/17/14 12:40 AM)

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
 User Gallery

Re: i don't understand the diameters people post for their grow spaces. [Re: starcade] * 1
    #736504 - 06/17/14 09:03 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah so you should have been learning basic math as you grew up.

not trying to be a dick but it trips me out when people dont understand the most basic of mathematics but want to get into growing. If you cant figure out the formula for basic area of a rectangle on google and need to make a forum post for it...then what are your questions on nutes and pH going to be like?

--------------------

Offlinestarcade
Stranger

Re: i don't understand the diameters people post for their grow spaces. [Re: SmokeSomeHash]
    #736707 - 06/19/14 12:25 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

its not as scientific as you think, and you aren't as cool as you think either, I've grown hundreds of pounds of mushrooms, growing weed isn't any tougher than that, anyways, so..troll elsewhere, fag.

And FYI, I didnt know how to word my question into google, or I would have.  Whats it to you, anyways?  You're a new user with a low post count, and judging from viewing your old posts, you love to get your post count up by posting on threads that don't matter..so, for once you finally made a post worth a damn, and helped somebody out.  Loser..

Edited by starcade (06/19/14 12:35 AM)

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: i don't understand the diameters people post for their grow spaces. [Re: starcade]
    #736713 - 06/19/14 06:41 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

starcade said:
I've grown hundreds of pounds of mushrooms, growing weed isn't any tougher than that, anyways, .

Bullshit.

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
 User Gallery

Re: i don't understand the diameters people post for their grow spaces. [Re: Deadkndys420] * 1
    #736717 - 06/19/14 08:12 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like someone got pissy.

growing schwag isnt hard or scientific...growing great stuff is.

not trying to be a dick or a troll...but ive been seein a bunch of commercials lately about how america is one of the dumbest countries in the world...so dont add to it by being a pissy prick because someone called you out for not knowing basic math.

Forums are harsh so learn to take criticism. Instead of cryin that math isnt your strong suite go figure out the dimensions of YOUR grow room and post it so you can start getting recomendations on what sounds like your first grow.

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #737281 - 06/22/14 08:03 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

This thread is great

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
 User Gallery

Re: i don't understand the diameters people post for their grow spaces. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #737322 - 06/23/14 06:17 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah some noob doesnt know area of a rectangle but then says weed isnt scientific or as hard as growing shrooms...

I think he got scared off.

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #737347 - 06/23/14 02:24 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Not atypical for a growery experience

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: i don't understand the diameters people post for their grow spaces. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #739583 - 07/10/14 09:34 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Actually, they don't know the formula for the volume of a rectangular prism.

If you have the ability and motivation to make a clean room for your mushroom grow you could also use roughly the same amount of work to set up a decent grow box in a room.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
 User Gallery

Re: i don't understand the diameters people post for their grow spaces. [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #739622 - 07/11/14 01:31 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I stand corrected

:kelsoburn:

--------------------

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
    #739739 - 07/12/14 10:36 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

:lolsy:
at this entire thread.
I will say from being on both sides of the fence, that growing mushrooms was harder for me. The setup, planning, and maintaining the weed stuff is a lot more physical than shrooms. However, I'm colorblind, so being able to tell if that mycelium was pure white or off-green was a real bitch.
I didn't want to put it up to chance so I grew what I could and quit, plus the cleanliness of the hobby is almost OCD like. I am a clean person, but shit I'd rather play in dirt with plants than wear a protective suit and be fucking with spores.

Mushrooms are just fucking fun all around. Not fun to grow for me though.

FUN FACT: I once tripped so hard in my sleep that I kicked my wife out of bed. WHen I woke up the next day I was in the floor in the corner. She asked me what was wrong and I remembered in my dream I was being chased by the Snuggles fabric softener bear. Fucking teddy bear was chasing me with a tank and guns and shit.

--------------------

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: i don't understand the diameters people post for their grow spaces. [Re: TribalSeed]
    #739805 - 07/13/14 12:04 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Eh i stopped using a glove box,rubbing alcohol,tyvek sleeves, and all that jazz a while ago.

SHIP's and SFD's are the way to go.

Granted I sill use the glovebox for making prints but thats really it.

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
 User Gallery

Re: i don't understand the diameters people post for their grow spaces. [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #739806 - 07/13/14 12:11 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:

Whats that

--------------------

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Re: i don't understand the diameters people post for their grow spaces. [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #739808 - 07/13/14 12:14 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
Eh i stopped using a glove box,rubbing alcohol,tyvek sleeves, and all that jazz a while ago.

Granted I sill use the glovebox for making prints but thats really it.

SHIPs and SFDs? What's that?  I only ever used those mad season substrate bags and the pf tek a couple of times. I always wanted to colonize a substrate and do a bed-type of fruiting, but I just couldn't tell what colors were present and I felt like I would just endanger me and my wife if we ate some fucked up shrooms or mold. She could tell me the colors, but she didn't understand how to grow them so it just made for a fuck of confusion.

--------------------

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#739809 - 07/13/14 12:14 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SmokeSomeHash said:
Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:

Whats that

:lolsy:
Great minds think alike.

--------------------

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: i don't understand the diameters people post for their grow spaces. [Re: TribalSeed] * 1
    #739810 - 07/13/14 12:17 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Synthetic filter disks and Self Healing Injection Ports.

SFD is the white and SHIP is the blue.

SFD's can be used 100s of times without being replaced and are also water proof so no need for foil.  I personally use the red gasket silicone as a SHIP works very well.

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#739815 - 07/13/14 12:26 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
Synthetic filter disks and Self Healing Injection Ports.

SFD is the white and SHIP is the blue.

SFD's can be used 100s of times without being replaced and are also water proof so no need for foil.  I personally use the red gasket silicone as a SHIP works very well.

Nice. Are those fairly new? I remember them just starting to be seen more in the random net shops around the time I got my bags.

I also had no way of really sterilizing my medium before. I borrowed my mom's pressure cooker for my pf jars I used. Also with growing MJ, I am not trying to have a second cause for paranoia.

:aweohyou:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale