Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Man, the Koch bro's are going all out on commercials already.
    #731109 - 05/11/14 07:42 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

The worst part? Plebs will still be convinced that fracking isn't as fucking moronic as it really is. And these are the people who are scared of simples GMO's. Like, get a fucking clue. You know how much genetic modification happens during typical sexual reproduction? Them giving a fuck about just a few edits in the genetic code.

The constant in all of this is that corporations being profit hungry bests is a cancer on mankind. It's the natural state of things though; Man is Man's own wolf. :sad:

I only hope mankind can survive whatever is to soon happen, the restart sure as fuck couldn't make things any worse. The cancer of 7 billion tumors needs to be dealt with soon.

tl;dr I rant in a style more appropriate for a blog.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGBurger717
Let me be me! I luv me some me!
Male

Loc: USA, East of Mississippi Flag
Re: Man, the Koch bro's are going all out on commercials already. [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #731112 - 05/11/14 07:57 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
The worst part? Plebs will still be convinced that fracking isn't as fucking moronic as it really is. And these are the people who are scared of simples GMO's. Like, get a fucking clue. You know how much genetic modification happens during typical sexual reproduction? Them giving a fuck about just a few edits in the genetic code.

The constant in all of this is that corporations being profit hungry bests is a cancer on mankind. It's the natural state of things though; Man is Man's own wolf. :sad:

I only hope mankind can survive whatever is to soon happen, the restart sure as fuck couldn't make things any worse. The cancer of 7 billion tumors needs to be dealt with soon.

tl;dr I rant in a style more appropriate for a blog.

What do you think is going to take place during the restart? And how are your prepared? I hope to be ready if and when it ever comes!

--------------------
"If only one party supports a bill, it's probably not a very good bill. If both parties support it, you can be sure that however good it seems on the surface, under the covers it's worse than you could possibly imagine" - Me myself and I 08-02-12

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty - Jefferson

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Jefferson

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: Man, the Koch bro's are going all out on commercials already. [Re: GBurger717]
    #731123 - 05/11/14 08:57 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I'm prepared.

I have about 60lbs of meat running around the house now playing with toys.

I am curious as to what you think may or may not happen.

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Man, the Koch bro's are going all out on commercials already. [Re: poor boy]
    #731130 - 05/11/14 09:28 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think it will be any one thing, it's going to be a product of our obsession, as a race, with brinkmanship. We think everything can be fixed at the last moment, if there is benefit not for problems later we easily figure we can just fix the problem. My preparation is my learning the physical properties of the world around me, and my bibliophile tendencies.

I think it can be anything. As our climates change more and more some of our old infrastructure may become irrelevant. The thing that will kill most of us will be problems associated with people to lazy to survive without electricity. My dad's given me a healthy love for blades, and collections of them. I don't care really if I die when it happens, don't even think I'll live to see it. So much of our society is just atrocious. Our diet, our luxuries, everything about how we live has a negative impact on the world. The few that can and do take action to benefit the system of particles considered the earth can't stand against the vast army of us how are murderers. The earth will be fine, life will continue. I'm sure it will be great until the next new batch of tool-users evolve and ruin everything again.

--------------------

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: Man, the Koch bro's are going all out on commercials already. [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #731165 - 05/12/14 09:37 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Eh.

Space lizards seem more practicle.

--------------------
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Man, the Koch bro's are going all out on commercials already. [Re: poor boy]
    #731243 - 05/12/14 06:02 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I am confused, what does Fracking have to do with GMO's?

InvisiblebrainsOplenty
ganja farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: zion
Re: Man, the Koch bro's are going all out on commercials already. [Re: Picklez]
    #731256 - 05/12/14 06:59 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

The Koch brothers are a prime example of how our government has outlived it usefulness. They BUY elections!!

--------------------
it's written right here.
it's absolutely clear.
the ganja herb is the healing of the nation.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Man, the Koch bro's are going all out on commercials already. [Re: brainsOplenty]
    #731273 - 05/12/14 09:17 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Picklez said:
I am confused, what does Fracking have to do with GMO's?

Both are things I know the average pleb are going to be misinformed about.

Quote:

brainsOplenty said:
The Koch brothers are a prime example of how our government has outlived it usefulness. They BUY elections!!

The problem is with how we value our freedom of speech and capitalism; it's an almost unavoidable event.

--------------------

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #731302 - 05/13/14 07:43 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

pleb is a great word. I havent heard it used since I was studying ancient roman culture :thumbup:

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#731303 - 05/13/14 08:19 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Liar...

--------------------

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #731365 - 05/13/14 01:46 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

What?

I took several years of Latin..

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #731415 - 05/13/14 08:15 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

IMO we seem to have exceeded the natural carrying capacity of this planet. We now have to artificially increase the carrying capacity by modifying the surroundings and moving massive amounts of energy around.

We currently rely on dead dinosaurs and a small amount of fissionable material for the majority of our energy. We will quickly exhaust these resources, and as the supplies dwindle we will bicker and fight over the last bits of that resource.

Hopefully by then we have figured out how to harness the power of the sun either directly or indirectly (wind, hydro, biomass, etc.) since this is the only significant source of energy entering the earth system from outside.

However, this does not address the other finite resources, such as rare metals that are essential for technology and space exploration. If we do not reach out beyond the earth system soon we will reach a point where our available resources are used up to the degree that we will not be able to mount a resource-mining operation beyond the earth system...and will spell the end (or severe reduction) of technological advancement for humans.

And I haven't even touched the problems of food supply and drinkable water :awesurprise:

My prep is to teach as much as possible to as many people as possible. Knowledge not only allows people to make their own decisions and come to their own conclusions, but also gives them the tools they need to begin coming up with solutions. Giving up on the masses because they are ill-informed is counter-productive to the end goal that all of us on here seem to want. If you don't tell them what you know, then all they get is the shit they read/hear/see in the news and media, leading to a majority opinion that is based on bullshit, and ultimately critical decisions based on bullshit.

If shit ever goes down, I will not be prepared for it beyond what I know in my head and what is laying around where I live. Being the person I am, I am very unlikely to last very long anyway. I would rather pass valuable knowledge on to as many people as possible so that they might use it to survive and help to improve the situation much more that I could alone.

And while I won't be prepping to the extent that a lot of people seem to be doing, this doesn't mean I wont think about some backup plans when I'm not doing anything...and purchasing a few key tools and supplies whenever I've got some extra money...and hope like hell that I never have to use any of it.:shrug:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Man, the Koch bro's are going all out on commercials already. [Re: Data] * 1
    #731465 - 05/14/14 08:19 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

When bill Nye came to my school he made a relevant point, the next important technological field will be treating the world as a system and engineering it in particular ways. My grading teaching assistant for engineering physics 1 was a undergrad in biosystems engineering. Lots of the things we have to do would take collaboration like the Manhattan project. I think its important to let people know they should try to be self sustainable and make sure there methods are sustainable too (crop rotation and such).

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom