Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineplump
Clouseau is on the case

when to start nutreints
    #727897 - 04/26/14 11:34 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I am not starting my second grow for both indoor and outdoor.  I got all of my small ladies going and was wondering when I should start with the nuts(BIG BLOOM.  On my last grow I felt that I was under feeding being afraid of nut burn.  I use Fox Farm soil and started from seed.  All my plants are around 5-6" tall and going to move them from the T-5HO floro to my 400w MH in the next 2-3 days any help would be great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Re: when to start nutreints [Re: plump]
    #728428 - 04/29/14 09:53 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Depends really on your soil. I see its fox farm. If it is Ocean forest I wouldn't feed until at least 6 weeks. But I like to feed as little as possible during veg. May not be the best way to do things. If you go into flower after about 4 or 5 weeks I would say you would be good just waiting to hit them with nutes until they go into flower.

Remember tho man. We got different setups so what works for me might not be the best for you. I usually just water them with some dyna gro protekt in some ph'd water and that keeps my ladies nice and green for about 7 or 8 weeks in OF, then I just use about 3mL of grow and 2 Ml of Big Bloom every two waterings.
The trusted cultivators are really good with this type of stuff. Hear them out as well.

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: when to start nutreints [Re: TribalSeed]
    #730497 - 05/08/14 04:32 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup:

I don't feed for like 4 to 5 weeks in one gal. bags. Foxfarm  OF
And then I sometimes get burnt tips .
So maybe it saves you nut. in the long run?:wellidunno:

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Re: when to start nutreints [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #730525 - 05/08/14 06:53 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
:thumbup:

I don't feed for like 4 to 5 weeks in one gal. bags. Foxfarm  OF
And then I sometimes get burnt tips .
So maybe it saves you nut. in the long run?:wellidunno:

If you got that long in one gallon bags, can you go ahead in flower in them as well or would you wanna transplant before flowering? I didn't imagine there would be a lot of root growth during flowering, but I am not quite sure what my limitations are.

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#730661 - 05/09/14 05:24 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I do flower them in the one gal. bags I get a zip or more off each plant that I grow in one gals.
I just have to water more is all.And when there done flowering ther root mass just takes over the hole bag. I mean its like the roots eat the dirt . There is no dirt left just roots. Been good for me so far. One down side once the buds get so big the plant gets tipsy!:wellidunno:

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Re: when to start nutreints [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #730677 - 05/09/14 09:42 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
I do flower them in the one gal. bags I get a zip or more off each plant that I grow in one gals.
I just have to water more is all.And when there done flowering ther root mass just takes over the hole bag. I mean its like the roots eat the dirt . There is no dirt left just roots. Been good for me so far. One down side once the buds get so big the plant gets tipsy!:wellidunno:

Sounds good, but I am doing a SOG/Scrog and I have about 10 or 12 plants that I am going to be putting in there. I don't have access to 2 back sides so the watering is gonna be an issue. Do you think it would be possible to get away with that. Plus I have been vegging for 10 plus weeks. since the clones first got roots.

I have 3 gal grow bags, but not a lot of dirt and funds are limited. When the plants need watering, the dirt receeds from the sides of the bag so bag its almost impossible to water them without most of it draining straight out first. I though adding more dirt to the bags, filling in empty spots and what not would not only solve that problem, but also give more area for the roots to grow in during flowering.

Is my thinking right? Or am I gonna end up losing a lot in yield or quality?

Thanks for the help again brother. You always hook me up!
:bow2:

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #730739 - 05/09/14 01:26 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

If they're receding that much, you are waiting too long in between watering.  You can remedy this one of two ways, water a tad more frequently.  Or water a lot more slowly.  Add just a little bit at a time, and it will expand back, and then be able to absorb the water more efficiently.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Re: when to start nutreints [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #730809 - 05/09/14 07:28 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:
If they're receding that much, you are waiting too long in between watering.  You can remedy this one of two ways, water a tad more frequently.  Or water a lot more slowly.  Add just a little bit at a time, and it will expand back, and then be able to absorb the water more efficiently.

When I do water I have been going with your latter option. I do wait to long between waterings. Way to long. But I will say with the Protekt every watering it really gives it a good resistance to drought. I swear I water them and they all just pop back up and hour after the lights come on.

But I do have a bad schedule setup for watering my veg tent. I focus a lot of effort into the flower tent, but now I am giving the flower tent a week break, cleaning it up and getting it ready for the TW clones.

If I water more frequently can I get away with leaving them in the one gal grow bags or am I looking at a transplant either way?

Thanks Hawk, Good to see Mr. Claypool is back. I got man titties, but I don't wanna see another dude with them.lol.

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#730872 - 05/10/14 09:46 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Y couldn't you flower in 1 gals?

I do and get  zip or more off each plant. I can fit about 20  one gal plants in my flowering room.

Here is a pic of one I just cut down three days ago.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds