Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Will a normal green CFL interupt night cycle?
    #730531 - 05/08/14 07:45 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Does anyone use a regular green CFL(party light) to view plants in their dark cycle? I'm worried a lot of the color spectrum will somehow sneak past the likely painted on green and interrupt the dark period.

Just a regular party light like this.

BTW how long can a plant be exposed to light before It goes back into veg from flowering?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Will a normal green CFL interupt night cycle? [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #730547 - 05/08/14 08:23 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I had someone watch my plants early on and told them to use the green light at night to see and he thought he was suppose to leave it on at night. It was at least a week and they hadn't revegged but they were also really bad off from nutrient problems it looked like. A few minutes won't hurt. Some of those new green are more yellowish than they used to be.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Will a normal green CFL interupt night cycle? [Re: phychotron]
    #730579 - 05/08/14 10:30 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

lol he left it on all night. This one is only slightly yellow so that's good. I think I'll cover it with something so it only produces a minimal amount of light, and only use it if I need to. Thanks.

Btw offtopic question... when you flush with a liquid flush solution in soil, should you not feed again until it needs rewatering? I would think the ne nutrients would just be dissolved by the flush solution.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #730597 - 05/09/14 12:23 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I stopped using soil awhile ago for coco, it flushes easily.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#730702 - 05/09/14 11:04 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Midgetpawn said:

Btw offtopic question... when you flush with a liquid flush solution in soil, should you not feed again until it needs rewatering? I would think the ne nutrients would just be dissolved by the flush solution.

Im in the process of converting to coco as well, but still have a few in soil and I always refeed after flushing with Fox Farms Sledgehammer.

--------------------
:firecum:

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

Re: Will a normal green CFL interupt night cycle? [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #730713 - 05/09/14 11:26 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I would forego using a light at all to view during the dark cycle.  I get why you'd want to, but do you even want to risk it? Being halfway through flower and then reverting to veg would make me cry.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Will a normal green CFL interupt night cycle? [Re: Inocuole]
    #730738 - 05/09/14 01:20 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Using a green light during flowering to go in and take care of some things during the dark period will not revert it back to veg.  Marijuana, and most plants, do not  absorb green light.  So they are not affected by it. 

That being said I wouldn't leave it on all the time, only when going in at night.  But if you plan things out right, you shouldn't have to go in at all during the dark period.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

Re: Will a normal green CFL interupt night cycle? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #730750 - 05/09/14 01:37 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I was confused for a bit, I guess you had your account name-changed?

I'm not sure I understand why the green light works.  I know that because the plants are green, they cannot absorb green light, I get that part, but what if the plants aren't green?  What if they're kind of yellow, or it's a maneater, and it's kind of red?  Does the shade of green that the light emits not have anything to do with it either?  Or is green just green and that's all there is to it?

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #730766 - 05/09/14 02:45 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

It's just green spectrum light.  It doesn't matter which strain you have, none of them absorb green light.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Will a normal green CFL interupt night cycle? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #730806 - 05/09/14 07:22 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

My main concern is that these green CFL emit more than just green. The one I have isn't sold as a light for plants, it's just a cfl with green coated glass. Think the green glass cuts out all the other colors?

I've read that it can be very beneficial to shine certain ranges of red on your plants for a short amount of time at lights out. I think this was mentioned briefly in a newer edition of ed rosenthals grow guide, but he didn't go into any details. I also made a post linking to another forum where someone was claiming that a certain NM of red light is better than green light for avoiding night cycle interuption, but I haven't seen that proven or disproven. He was probably trolling, but he certainly seemed to believe it.

and yea it would still make me nervous using any colored light in the dark cycle, but it's good to have the option to.

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

#730811 - 05/09/14 08:14 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Midgetpawn said:
My main concern is that these green CFL emit more than just green. The one I have isn't sold as a light for plants, it's just a cfl with green coated glass. Think the green glass cuts out all the other colors?

I've read that it can be very beneficial to shine certain ranges of red on your plants for a short amount of time at lights out. I think this was mentioned briefly in a newer edition of ed rosenthals grow guide, but he didn't go into any details. I also made a post linking to another forum where someone was claiming that a certain NM of red light is better than green light for avoiding night cycle interuption, but I haven't seen that proven or disproven. He was probably trolling, but he certainly seemed to believe it.

and yea it would still make me nervous using any colored light in the dark cycle, but it's good to have the option to.

I know as much as you about the green light but isn't HPS largely red spectrum anyway?  I can't imagine that being good for dark cycle.

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#730829 - 05/09/14 11:25 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I think you're just supposed to do it as you turn off the lights. maybe to simulate twilight.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds