Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblefortheloveofnature
noob

drying question
    #730390 - 05/08/14 09:29 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

i really like psychotrons drying/curing tek and plan on doing it again except adding a ultrasonic humidifier in the drying closet while the buds are hanging in the beginning. i plan on putting it to go off once every three hours for 20 minutes on low.
my question is should i have a small fan blowing in the closet (not directly in the buds)? since the closet will be closed. im afraid of the buds getting moldy but if the humidifier is on very low will it be okay you think ? any ideas ?

--------------------
Gymnopilus Luteofolius                  Gymnopilus Purpuratus                  G.luteofolius&G.luteoviridis

First grow (bagseed)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: drying question [Re: fortheloveofnature]
    #730412 - 05/08/14 10:46 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

ive been drying bud in my closet with a humidifer recently. i have it on low with a fan blowing against the wall on low. buds are trimmed and hanging on clothes hangers. its been staying between 60-65% humidity and 68-70F. ive been drying for 12 days now, no mold, and even the smallest branches arent snapping. theyre bending and almost snapping, but i think i'll get 2 weeks, maybe a few days more of dry time in the closet before i jar them up. theyre startin to get a nice smell to them now. cant wait till a few weeks in the jars!

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: drying question [Re: fortheloveofnature]
    #730437 - 05/08/14 11:52 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

They sell humidity controllers that will kick on a device if the humidity is too high or low, depending on the model you get. Some have the option for both but usually they just do one or the other. You usually have to get a fancier controller that has more functions to get the up or down option. But its not up AND down, its up OR down, so your better getting two dedicated controllers if you wanted to go both up and down, but thats really only if your trying to get a perfectly controlled drying chamber to combat huge swings in the drying environment. Make sure you throw a humidity gauge in there so you have some idea of where its at. I would add the fan just to keep the air from getting stale.

Glad you like the tek, those Boveda's really help take out the guesswork.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Invisiblefortheloveofnature
noob

Re: drying question [Re: phychotron]
    #730671 - 05/09/14 09:04 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

CrushNazT said:
ive been drying bud in my closet with a humidifer recently. i have it on low with a fan blowing against the wall on low. buds are trimmed and hanging on clothes hangers. its been staying between 60-65% humidity and 68-70F. ive been drying for 12 days now, no mold, and even the smallest branches arent snapping. theyre bending and almost snapping, but i think i'll get 2 weeks, maybe a few days more of dry time in the closet before i jar them up. theyre startin to get a nice smell to them now. cant wait till a few weeks in the jars!

very nice to hear ! for sure let me know how it goes .

Quote:

phychotron said:
They sell humidity controllers that will kick on a device if the humidity is too high or low, depending on the model you get. Some have the option for both but usually they just do one or the other. You usually have to get a fancier controller that has more functions to get the up or down option. But its not up AND down, its up OR down, so your better getting two dedicated controllers if you wanted to go both up and down, but thats really only if your trying to get a perfectly controlled drying chamber to combat huge swings in the drying environment. Make sure you throw a humidity gauge in there so you have some idea of where its at. I would add the fan just to keep the air from getting stale.

Glad you like the tek, those Boveda's really help take out the guesswork.

ya i would invest in a controller but unfortunately this will be my last grow for a while since il be moving this year and i dont think il be able to pull off a grow in the new place. i got a digital hygrometer/tempmeter that il stick in there and try to gauge it to the perfect humidity 50% first three days than 60% the rest. i hope to get atleast a 2 week dry. the boveda packs really do help they even keep bud that i buy fresh:awesomenod:

--------------------
Gymnopilus Luteofolius                  Gymnopilus Purpuratus                  G.luteofolius&G.luteoviridis

First grow (bagseed)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom