Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineghost
plant went hermie
    #723749 - 03/29/14 03:19 PM (10 years, 2 days ago)

So today I found 2 fully developed seeds on my plant. I don't see anymore or signs of anymore growing, how could that happen?

I figure if it went Hermie it should be full of seeds.. I found one seed on a main cola and one on a lower branch. Is this just the beginning or ?

The plant is about 8 days early and needs a flush. Should I just pull it now? Or flush and wait 2-3 days

Edited by ghost (03/29/14 04:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineghost
Re: plant when hermie [Re: ghost]
    #723756 - 03/29/14 04:04 PM (10 years, 2 days ago)

Edited by ghost (03/29/14 09:49 PM)

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #723775 - 03/29/14 06:00 PM (10 years, 2 days ago)

How far into flower are you?
I'm just not understanding what you mean by eight days early.
Unless you mean the seventh week of flower.

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: plant when hermie [Re: Stoneth]
    #723785 - 03/29/14 07:11 PM (10 years, 2 days ago)

if you dont see male flowers all over it, it probably just got stressed a little bit at some point which caused it to make some seeds. just my guess. i have a plant that went hermie recently and it was COVERED in male flowers dumping pollen everywhere. ive never seen anything like it before. i've had plants with nanners before and some that i stressed out that produced seeds, but without the male flowers. its a shitty thing to find male flowers ALL over your nice female mother plant 4 weeks into flower.

im not a "trusted cultivator" so dont take my word for absolute truth. it's just my guess from personal experience.

Offlineghost
Re: plant when hermie [Re: Stoneth]
    #723792 - 03/29/14 09:52 PM (10 years, 2 days ago)

Its on day 52 of flowering.
ouch @the male flowers. This is the first time I've gotten a hermie. Th for the insight. I will prob let them finish up then

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #723880 - 03/30/14 02:08 PM (10 years, 1 day ago)

52 days into flowering and only a couple seeds, yeah I'd finish up as well.

--------------------
:getstoned:

Invisiblethedrake
N00B
Male User Gallery

Re: plant when hermie [Re: CrushNazT]
    #723957 - 03/30/14 08:32 PM (10 years, 1 day ago)

on the plant that you got seeds without any male flowers, how could this happen?:confused:
ive never read or heard of a plant being stressed and creating seeds without first producing male flowers.
well except for one way: i dont remember the specifics but i believe its with colloidal silver that you spray/apply to the ???part of the female cannabis plant to get female pollen. 

i was under the impression is that if you get seeds-your plant was pollinated. i have heard that a female cannabis plant can grow nanners within the bud, making them impossible to detect before its too late....:feelsbadman:
ive never read or heard of a plant being stressed and creating seeds without male flowers.
im not a T.C. either, but i think in order for a female cannabis plant to produce seeds she needs to be pollinated in some way.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: plant when hermie [Re: thedrake]
    #723980 - 03/31/14 02:14 AM (10 years, 22 hours ago)

You sometimes find a random seed or two that mysteriously pops up with no explanation. I attribute it to someone who has a male in the area, or it could just be self pollinating and you can't identify the male parts amongst the rest of the flower.

Its happened to me a few times randomly on a few different strains that were clones from confirmed female plants. Its strange to say the least, but not a cause for concern unless it happens repeatedly. It might be worth starting with new seedlings if its doing strange things from the go.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: plant when hermie [Re: phychotron] * 1
    #723982 - 03/31/14 03:04 AM (10 years, 21 hours ago)

Just so you know. When a plant goes full hermie and the plant is covered with male flowers and seeds those seeds will almost always produce hermie plants. When a plant has only one seed or two those seeds will almost always be female, esp if you can't even find male flowers on the plant at all.

Don't know why. Just know that has been my experience many times.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals