Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePeaceLove
Psilo-Baked

Loc: MN
cannabis coconut oil
    #721738 - 03/16/14 09:09 PM (10 years, 14 days ago)

Opening Statement! I know its kind of lengthy, but I try to make it as detailed (and un-bland) as possible so as to answer any questions one might have if I hadn't put in the detail. Thanks for opening up my post anyways if you still leave lol

I made(or tried) a single serving of cannabis coconut oil one time a year ago with something like a gram of really good weed, but I cant remember how I did it(go figure :rasta:). I just remember coming home from work one morning (nightshifts), I put my single dose into a bowl of oatmeal, and proceeded to chow that bitch down! I then smoked a couple bongs, and drank a couple cups of coffee. I didn't have to work that night, so I figured I would stay up a little "late" to see if I feel anything. I tried staying up, but ended up deciding to smoke a bong and go to bed about 2 hours after eating it. So either I got stoned from the pot food, was over tired from working and staying up all night, or I was just that tired (possible cause it was a pretty stressful job on top of the isolation of nightshift working)so idk if that shit worked or not?

Anyways, I took 10.3 grams of trim, ground it up with my freshly washed hands, added 1/2 cup of coconut oil, and cooked it in a double boiler.
Ok I confess.. it was more so a mason jar on top of its lid wrapped in a washcloth, all of which are inside a pot of slow boiling water with my stove set on low.
My cooking was unorthodox as well. I cooked it for about 2 hours yesterday, but had to stop to do life things (damn you time!). Although I did manage to make time to set it aside and cool off a bit, then stuck it in the fridge for overnight. Right away when I woke up this morning, I cooked it for 4 hours, then set it aside to cool and had to run to do things (crunching time is a bitch lol) and I just came home to find it pretty much a solid with all the trim still in it.

Now my question..
Would it be fine to just store it in the fridge overnight and deal with it after I get off work tomorrow afternoon? I'm going to follow this recipe on youtube for a "Colorado trail mix" as he calls it in the videos description.

NOTE: In another video, he shows how he made his cannabis coconut oil. He used a half oz of trim (you all probably know, but if u don't, 14grams) and I think some popcorn buds too. So I know mines not going to be as potent cause I only used trim and mine honestly is not that great of quality as his haha. but hey, free is free :wink:
I do know of BadKittys tutorial as well, and I mention this because it seems like our fellow internet stoners are pretty fond of it. I just saw this video for the trail mix the other day (with a link to a video on how to make coconut oil by the same guy), so I just followed his quick tutorial on the making of the oil because if it works for his recipe, why not use it?

Sorry for the IMMENSE amount of sentences! I appreciate any help!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: cannabis coconut oil [Re: PeaceLove]
    #721739 - 03/16/14 09:13 PM (10 years, 14 days ago)

I didnt read it all... but coconut oil last a long time.  its super antibacterial naturally .  so u could leave it on your table for weeks with no problems :thumbup:

It also WORKS GREAT for edibles .  I do edibles all time with it.  :dancingbacon:

OfflinePeaceLove
Psilo-Baked

Re: cannabis coconut oil [Re: P-O]
    #721741 - 03/16/14 09:29 PM (10 years, 14 days ago)

haha no worries dude!

Thanks for the input though! Coconut oil by its self is some awesome stuff!

Is slow cooking for 2 hours one day, storing it in the fridge overnight, cooking for 4 hours the next day, and then warming it up to strain it the following days afternoon fine? In the guys video, he adds water to his oil, and cooks it for 7 hours I think. I technically only cooked it for 6 and didn't mix mine with water. Should I cook it any longer?

InvisibleP-O

#721743 - 03/16/14 09:38 PM (10 years, 14 days ago)

wow!

I simmer mine for (on low low) 20 mins . strain,  add to cookie mix and im done.

why would he add water :confused:!!!

i do mine my way and its potent as fuck (takes less then a hour).  1cookie = 1 gram ,  and thats a NICE dose. 

Fuck adding water  (water + oil do not mix).  that dont make sense .

OfflinePeaceLove
Psilo-Baked

Re: cannabis coconut oil [Re: P-O]
    #721857 - 03/17/14 05:49 PM (10 years, 13 days ago)

People do it with butter too. Theres a theory that the water takes out most of the chlorophyll, and various other unwanted plant material, thus making a purer oil/butter. After they strain it, they put it in the fridge because the butter/oil becomes a solid while the green slimey water gets discarded as trash. Therefore the fact that water and oil don't mix is one of the main reason people do it

But others say that by doing this you take out other nutrients and medicinal properties of the plant.

OfflinePeaceLove
Psilo-Baked

#721858 - 03/17/14 05:50 PM (10 years, 13 days ago)

Also, do you decarb or shit before you make it?

Edit: i hope you wash your hands if you do shit before making it haha..

Edited by PeaceLove (03/17/14 05:55 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds