Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Thoughts on Flowering Times
    #717229 - 02/24/14 09:59 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

i've got a few grows under my belt, and im definitely still learning. sadly, even though i live in colorado, i'm learning this all on my own by trial and error and by reading stuff on forums online. i dont seem to have too much of a problem growing the plants, but getting the final end result to the perfection i'm looking for is the challenge. this last harvest i started to figure out how to properly dry the buds and cure them. still working on that of course, its not perfect.

so ive been thinking over everything ive done with my previous grows, seeing the end result, and seeing the straight up chronic i get at the pink house here in the springs, i know im doing something wrong. i think i might have figured it out. (maybe not, maybe im just high and stupid)

a lot of breeders say their strains are 8-9 week flowering times. ive usually always done 8 or 9 weeks and harvested, even after checking the trichomes. ill admit they dont all look like they probably should when i harvest. i'm starting to think that the 2ish weeks after you introduce a plant into 12/12, when it does all its stretching BEFORE it starts to flower, that time shouldn't be counted as flowering days. im starting to think that once the stretch stops and the flowering starts, THATS when i should start counting flowering days.

this is how i see it. the first 2 weeks in 12/12 the plants are still growing and transitioning. so i was running them 8-9 weeks total in 12/12, meaning the plants only flowered for 6-7 weeks... i'm starting to think the thing to do is run a plant 10-12 weeks (which would be 8-10 actual flowering weeks), i also think more/different turpines start showing up in this time frame that end up making the bud STINK and taste even better in the end product.

i've done what i was told in the past, and the bud just doesnt come out looking, smelling, or tasting like the straight up CHRONIC at dispensaries here. are there any TCs out there who can chime in on this? i admit i might be wrong, i'm just thinking and trying to figure this out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Thoughts on Flowering Times [Re: CrushNazT] * 1
    #717233 - 02/24/14 10:02 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I've always found that if a breeder claims a strain is 8 weeks, it's actually 9 or 10, if he claims 9, it's more like 11.  They all want to shorten the flowering times on their advertisements because that's enticing to consumers, but it doesn't make it true.

--------------------

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: Thoughts on Flowering Times [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #717246 - 02/24/14 10:25 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

thanks for the reply. that makes sense. i had kind of thought the same thing really.

im on the search for seeds right now. making a list of strains i want to pick up. i might be moving to hawaii this summer, so i want to collect all the genetics i can before i leave.

i'm going to head up to denver sometime in the near future to meet up with adam dunn (from THSeeds) and get some more seeds from him. the MK Ultra i'm running right now i got from him. pretty cool to be able to get the seeds directly from the breeder. so when i meet up with him, im going to bring up the question on flowering times. im guessing he would have a fairly solid answer since he's won idk how many cannabis cup awards over the past 20 years.

once i thought of this whole thing, i changed my schedule for the cold creek kush im flowering now. i'm going to run it at least 10 total weeks in 12/12, which is 8 in actual flowering. i have a feeling its gonna be better than before. :smile:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Thoughts on Flowering Times [Re: CrushNazT]
    #717255 - 02/24/14 11:24 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Wait he lives in Denver? Does he sell clones locally of his best phenos?

--------------------

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

#717257 - 02/24/14 11:45 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

ya he lives in denver. he owns hoodlab on larimer. just go down there sometime and youll probably run into him. they have parties every saturday.

i have no idea if he has any clones available. not sure if he grows at the moment or not.

InvisibleSacajaGanja
Beer
Male

Re: Thoughts on Flowering Times [Re: CrushNazT]
    #717269 - 02/24/14 12:58 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Let the plant tell you :smile:

~Skunk

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Thoughts on Flowering Times [Re: SacajaGanja]
    #717307 - 02/24/14 02:36 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Have you considered running 10 hours lights during flower? I'm just at the tail end of my flower cycle, and these bitches are about 80% cloudy, 5% amber, and it's only day 42!!!

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineBluntguY 207
That Guy
 User Gallery

Loc: North East Coast Flag
    #717469 - 02/25/14 06:10 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
I've always found that if a breeder claims a strain is 8 weeks, it's actually 9 or 10, if he claims 9, it's more like 11.  They all want to shorten the flowering times on their advertisements because that's enticing to consumers, but it doesn't make it true.

I agree completly! :thumbup:

--------------------
"Self sufficient medical marijuana patient"

"I should be sponsered by Swisher Sweets":gethigh:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Thoughts on Flowering Times [Re: Tank333]
    #717573 - 02/25/14 12:55 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Tank333 said:
Have you considered running 10 hours lights during flower? I'm just at the tail end of my flower cycle, and these bitches are about 80% cloudy, 5% amber, and it's only day 42!!!

First, is that day 42 of 12/12, or flower?

Also, don't you expect that will negatively impact yield? The flowering cycle was accelerated (which makes sense if you understand the hormonal signals cannabis uses to signal flowering) but with a shorter photosynthetic period I would expect to really reduce yield.

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #717574 - 02/25/14 12:56 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I was wondering the same thing.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: Thoughts on Flowering Times [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #717635 - 02/25/14 07:08 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

Tank333 said:

Also, don't you expect that will negatively impact yield? The flowering cycle was accelerated (which makes sense if you understand the hormonal signals cannabis uses to signal flowering) but with a shorter photosynthetic period I would expect to really reduce yield.

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:

And yes, that's from the first day of 10/14 lighting. I expected almost another month of flowering from these girls!

Well, I will have an answer for you on the yield shortly. Lol. I'm going to flush for one more week before cutting, and I will let you know what my yield is. Keep in mind, the battle I've had with PM will also have diminished the yield potential as well, too... I'm hoping for close to three pounds from my room.

--------------------
My best run so far

Edited by Tank333 (02/25/14 07:11 PM)

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
Re: Thoughts on Flowering Times [Re: BluntguY 207]
    #717685 - 02/26/14 05:06 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BluntguY 207 said:
Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

I agree completly! :thumbup:

Yea, and every breeder company always claims that their strains produce like a thousand grams per light.  That claim is so accurate and pertains to everyone's grow situation, imo.  :rolleyes:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Thoughts on Flowering Times [Re: Tank333]
    #717723 - 02/26/14 09:50 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Tank333 said:
Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

Tank333 said:

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:

And yes, that's from the first day of 10/14 lighting. I expected almost another month of flowering from these girls!

Well, I will have an answer for you on the yield shortly. Lol. I'm going to flush for one more week before cutting, and I will let you know what my yield is. Keep in mind, the battle I've had with PM will also have diminished the yield potential as well, too... I'm hoping for close to three pounds from my room.

Dude wtf with powdery mildew. I've never even seen it in person before and it's in my room right now too. Fuck that shit. I hate that it's systemic also, so all the annoying sprays and shit they tell you to use really do nothing. What's your solution been?

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Thoughts on Flowering Times [Re: Harry_Ba11sach] * 2
    #717724 - 02/26/14 10:00 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Sulfur burner.

Or best case scenario.....purge everything ....bleach your room and start over.

I know the question wasn't directed at me, just thought I'd share. :getstoned:

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
    #717726 - 02/26/14 10:01 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

In all the collective years of research into the cannabis plant powdery mildew has never been suffered, but if powder mildew is ever run across in research then a sulfur burner will be utilized. 

Personally I don't understand how they work nor do I understand how they are going to cure a plant that has had a mold specie germinate and run mycelium through it to the point of sporulation of said mold specie, but I'v seen a few people on here who's opinions I generally trust recommend them.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#717731 - 02/26/14 10:28 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

Tank333 said:
Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

Tank333 said:

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:

Dude wtf with powdery mildew. I've never even seen it in person before and it's in my room right now too. Fuck that shit. I hate that it's systemic also, so all the annoying sprays and shit they tell you to use really do nothing. What's your solution been?

I use a combination of two sprays, given twice daily. I use baking soda and water, and then I use an organic fungicide from OGBioWar he calls his "foliar Pack". I had bought a sulfur burner in the first couple weeks of flower, but the one I had bought was a POS that wouldn't burn the sulfur, and I've been fighting with the damn seller ever since to replace it. Now the buds are so close to harvest I can't use the burner, so I'm left with just using organic sprays that can be used up until harvest.

After this run, I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a good quality burner and purge the whole place!

--------------------
My best run so far

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds