Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSinCityGrowMan
NewbGrower
Male

Brown spots on fan leaves?
    #714308 - 02/11/14 09:27 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Hydro Growers:

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seed

2. How old are your plants?2-3 weeks

3. How tall are your plants?2-4 inches

4. What type of hydro system are you using? Ebb and flow

5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using? Flora nova veg

6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution? Still working on that must find meter

7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water? Never use the tap

8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution? Have no meter for that

9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution? How do I find that

10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check? Idk

11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check? Idk

12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? Idk what foliar is and no spray

13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen,
incandescent "plant lights") I use a 600 watt hps

14. How close are your lights to the plants? 12 inches away

15. What size is your grow space in square feet? 2x2 tray in a 6x5x8 closet

16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? Temp is 74-76 at all times unless I open the window to vent air once a day, then for 30 mins its about 55-60

17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? None

18. How much experience do you have growing? Second grow

19. Lights? 24/0

20. Strain? GranDaddyPurp

--------------------
I don't see marijuana as a drug, but as it is seen as a drug under federal law, anything I say that may seem, look or be about marijuana or any drug is totaly fictional and should not be takn literally bc anything drug related is a lie and not truthful. I don't smoke, grow, own or put myself around any type of drug. Idk what I'm tlkn about, drugs r bad so everything I say is a joke and to be takn as such.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Re: Brown spots on fan leaves? [Re: SinCityGrowMan]
    #714338 - 02/11/14 10:54 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Pics would help brother. I am not a hydro grower, but I would be glad to throw some advice your way. Get us some pics so we can help you out better.
Definitely invest in the meters (PH and PPM) for a hydro setup, you will save a lot of trouble and worry and plus you can pinpoint more closely what issue you are having.

Peace N Love!

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Brown spots on fan leaves? [Re: TribalSeed] * 1
    #714362 - 02/12/14 12:37 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Well you don't know your pH, you don't know your PPM.  How are you monitoring anything that is going on in your garden?  You don't even know how to use a thermometer to read temperature?

It sounds like you have no idea what's going on whatsoever.  You need to invest in equipment, and reading material from what I can tell.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineSinCityGrowMan
NewbGrower
Male

Re: Brown spots on fan leaves? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #714373 - 02/12/14 02:33 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I have the temp listed, Idk humidity, I have a ph tester but need to find it in our moving bods, and a ppm tester how much are they. Also I have been at work all day, but can update some info and pics when I get home,

--------------------
I don't see marijuana as a drug, but as it is seen as a drug under federal law, anything I say that may seem, look or be about marijuana or any drug is totaly fictional and should not be takn literally bc anything drug related is a lie and not truthful. I don't smoke, grow, own or put myself around any type of drug. Idk what I'm tlkn about, drugs r bad so everything I say is a joke and to be takn as such.

Edited by SinCityGrowMan (02/12/14 02:34 AM)

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #714381 - 02/12/14 06:47 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Ya sure dont

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#714486 - 02/12/14 01:41 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:

Ya sure dont

Easy seabiscuit.lol.
We were all new at one point man, but I see what you mean by "holding our hands". lol.

hawk is right dude, you need to invest in some things that can help you not only monitor what is going on in your garden, but also some reference material to make yourself more self-sufficient and teach you some new things.

EDIT: I am still new as shit to all this. Also to the OP, look into Jorge Cervantes books or Ed Rosenthal's growers book. They are both like a bible for the gardener and I can pretty much bet most of the growers on here either have had or still own one or both of them and may even use it still for certain issues and reminders.
Much love man, get the garden together and your issues will probably resolve itself.

--------------------

Edited by TribalSeed (02/12/14 01:54 PM)

OfflineSinCityGrowMan
NewbGrower
Male

Re: Brown spots on fan leaves? [Re: TribalSeed]
    #714567 - 02/12/14 07:45 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

The problem

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #714569 - 02/12/14 07:50 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Without knowing your pH, your PPM, or the temp of your water, we really cant give you any indication of what could be causing this.

If the temp of your water is too high or too low it will cause issues.

If your pH is off it will effect the nutrient uptake.

If your PPM's are too high or too low it can cause issues. 

No one can help you unless you get more info.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineSinCityGrowMan
NewbGrower
Male

#714636 - 02/12/14 10:11 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Ok I have a thermometer I'm gona steal from the bathroom but it will be a week for me to get a nee oh tester and ppm tester, from the looks of it would u say they wil prollybe ok for a week only three are effected

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #714648 - 02/12/14 10:53 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

To be safe I would change out the water at a minimum.  And put a low amount of nutrients in there.  I can't guarantee that they'll be ok.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#714779 - 02/13/14 12:21 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SinCityGrowMan said:
The problem

It looks like a ph issue or a nutrient issue which could be caused by a ph problem. Listen to hawks advice about changing out the water and nutrients and get you a PPM and PH meter asap. Thanks for helping us abit with the picture.

Good luck bro, and get back to us with the PH and PPM when you get those meters. Even if those babies don't make it, you will need those meters for future grows to keep check on your garden.

--------------------

OfflineSinCityGrowMan
NewbGrower
Male

#715441 - 02/15/14 10:41 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Ok I have water temp at 68 degrees Fahrenheit but the floating thermometer has only been under for 30 mins. Working on ph/ppm did change water, but now 3 days later one plant is covered in the Brown spots while the others have stopped making more, I also found a small amount of algae in the resivor, I have never had an algae build up, I have a lid to block light

--------------------

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#715450 - 02/15/14 11:04 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SinCityGrowMan said:
Ok I have water temp at 68 degrees Fahrenheit but the floating thermometer has only been under for 30 mins. Working on ph/ppm did change water, but now 3 days later one plant is covered in the Brown spots while the others have stopped making more, I also found a small amount of algae in the resivor, I have never had an algae build up, I have a lid to block light

Damn. Like I said I am no hydro guy so I am lost as to how to fix that. I would flush and clean the res just for safety measures. Let one of the TCs help you out there or one of the guys that use the hydro way. That way you don't have a situation of the blind leading the blind. The water sounds like it might be kinda cold, but I could be wrong and it be fine.
Good luck brother, let a hydro grower help you out with this.

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #715462 - 02/15/14 11:17 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

68 is just fine. 

Now the algae is a problem.  There you will need to drain and clean all your containers.  Then go and get an enzymatic cleaner to help break down any remaining algae.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineSinCityGrowMan
NewbGrower
Male

#715476 - 02/15/14 11:36 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Any thing is better then nothing tribal thx, and hawk is that enzyme stuff sold at Walmart or a pet store

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #715481 - 02/16/14 12:14 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Nope.  Grow store

--------------------

-niteowl

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #715483 - 02/16/14 12:16 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Hygrozyme is a good one.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#715484 - 02/16/14 12:17 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Nope.  Grow store

Hey hawk, I just thought of the stuff they sell at Walmart that cleans algae out of fish tanks, would that help him out any or would that be out of the question? Like maybe its harmful to the plants or anything?
Just trying to come up with options for him. :shrug:

Nice save hawk-miester!

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #715487 - 02/16/14 12:26 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I have no idea if it would be harmful.  I don't know what are in those products.  And haven never tried them.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#715490 - 02/16/14 12:39 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Right on hawk. I was just trying to think of an alternative for the guy, just in case he was in a position like I am where the nearest grow shop is like 2 hours away.lol.
To the OP: hawk knows his shit man, if he says it will help you then you know you got good advice.lol. If you gotta travel it will be worth it. I wouldn't invest in the shit I suggested cause like hawk said, we don't know whats in them and they might just make things worse.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds