Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

does turning lights off for a couple days increase trichomes??
    #711061 - 02/02/14 05:34 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

hey guys was wondering something. a buddy of mine told me that if you turn your lights off for 2-3 days before you chop your plants down it will cause your plants to produce extra trichomes is this true?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: does turning lights off for a couple days increase trichomes?? [Re: Mrshroom]
    #711062 - 02/02/14 05:36 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Nope

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: does turning lights off for a couple days increase trichomes?? [Re: Magash]
    #711091 - 02/02/14 07:58 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Nope

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: does turning lights off for a couple days increase trichomes?? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #711098 - 02/02/14 08:59 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I know I've heard that some strains benefit from turning the lights down to a few hours or completely off for the last few weeks, but I don't know what it does or what determines needing to do that. I recall it having an effect on the type of high though. Can't hurt to replicate the sun as much as possible.

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Re: does turning lights off for a couple days increase trichomes?? [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #711122 - 02/02/14 10:22 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

well the only reason i thought that might have some weight behind that idea was he explained it to me as that when you turn the lite off for a couple days the plants stresses thinking that the end of the season is comming soon so it produces more trichomes so it can try to catch pollen faster so it can complete its life cycle before the season ends and dies.

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

Re: does turning lights off for a couple days increase trichomes?? [Re: Mrshroom]
    #711125 - 02/02/14 10:28 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

While that, in some odd way, makes sense, I'm more inclined to believe the guys with the TC tags.  I don't know if plants "think" like that, really.  Could the stickiness of buds be directly related to how "desperate" the female is to be pollenated?  That would make trichomes/resin essentially sex juices.  Are you comfortable with that?

:grin:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #711128 - 02/02/14 10:38 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Nothing quite like theoretical gardening... Will you ever notice a difference? If you believe there is one, you might, but that doesn't make it true. From what I can tell its all nonsense.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #711141 - 02/02/14 11:35 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Well I have actually tried all this stuff out.  There is no difference.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Re: does turning lights off for a couple days increase trichomes?? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #711147 - 02/02/14 11:54 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

well thanks for the input guys, i kinda figured it might be b.s cause my friend does some really weird things when he grows that make no sense. But figured i would ask the more experienced people who would know or who might have tried it already.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #711155 - 02/03/14 01:55 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

so it produces more trichomes so it can try to catch pollen faster

Just one problem with this. Pollen that gets stuck to the trichomes can't be used by the plant.

Lets look at the reasons for trichomes. Catch pollen, no the plant can't use the pollen stuck to the trichomes. Sun protection, no, there is nothing in the trichomes that will protect the plant from the sun. Then the most likely reason that there are trichomes and that they show up mainly on one part of the plant. Now if you were a deer eating a plant and your head started to spin would you continue to eat the plant? The thing that protects the plant from other animals is what attracted us to it. :wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: does turning lights off for a couple days increase trichomes?? [Re: Magash]
    #711158 - 02/03/14 04:01 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Also insect deterrent.  So why do we just throw a bunch of plant eating insects in there :loldongs:

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTomCollins

#711163 - 02/03/14 06:42 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

:lolsy:

oh hawk..

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies