Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblefortheloveofnature
noob

ok to use this for drying ?
    #710759 - 01/31/14 05:19 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Indoor-Garden-Drying-Rack-Hangers-plants-harvest-crop-net-herbs-collapsible-/121083943636
ive got something very similar to this can i use it to dry my buds ? or should i just hang them upside down to dry in a closet with the fan blowing but not directly on them ?

--------------------
Gymnopilus Luteofolius                  Gymnopilus Purpuratus                  G.luteofolius&G.luteoviridis

First grow (bagseed)

Edited by fortheloveofnature (01/31/14 05:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSacajaGanja
Beer
Male

Re: ok to use this for drying ? [Re: fortheloveofnature]
    #710760 - 01/31/14 06:34 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I would personally make a little cardboard box with an opening on one side and string or wire inside, hang them in the closet inside the box, and keep air circulating. If it is cold in the house it might take a bit longer.

~Skunk

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ok to use this for drying ? [Re: SacajaGanja]
    #710761 - 01/31/14 06:42 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Adding a small computer fan sucking air out works well ime.

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #710762 - 01/31/14 07:05 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fortheloveofnature said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Indoor-Garden-Drying-Rack-Hangers-plants-harvest-crop-net-herbs-collapsible-/121083943636
ive got something very similar to this can i use it to dry my buds ? or should i just hang them upside down to dry in a closet with the fan blowing but not directly on them ?

sure that'll work great for ya :thumbup:

I use dry racks and then hang my buds when I run out of room. Some people don't like using the racks because they flatten out the buds on one side,  but once you jar your buds and begin curing they fluff back up.

Personally i prefer the racks.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: ok to use this for drying ? [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #710766 - 01/31/14 07:37 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I use the racks they work great!

noob

#710767 - 01/31/14 07:54 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
Quote:

fortheloveofnature said:

sure that'll work great for ya :thumbup:

I use dry racks and then hang my buds when I run out of room. Some people don't like using the racks because they flatten out the buds on one side,  but once you jar your buds and begin curing they fluff back up.

Personally i prefer the racks.

nice thats what i wanted to hear ! how long does it usually take your buds to dry out and do you use a fan to circulate the room ? do you leave it in complete darkness ?

--------------------
Gymnopilus Luteofolius                  Gymnopilus Purpuratus                  G.luteofolius&G.luteoviridis

First grow (bagseed)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #710769 - 01/31/14 08:24 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Here's what I do to dry.

Curing is the easy part--stick it in the jar and smoke bowls till your ready to open it; its drying properly thats the bitch. Without a proper dry you'll never get the buds to start curing in the first place.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ok to use this for drying ? [Re: SacajaGanja]
    #710772 - 01/31/14 08:42 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I built a drying box (plastic tub) with a carbon filter sucking the air out when I first started growing, but it gets hard to use, especially once you get a decent sized harvest. Its a great idea, but not very practical unless you always plan on having small harvests.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#710773 - 01/31/14 09:15 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fortheloveofnature said:

nice thats what i wanted to hear ! how long does it usually take your buds to dry out and do you use a fan to circulate the room ? do you leave it in complete darkness ?

7-10 days to dry. I don't use a fan and yes COMPLETE darkness. If possible keep the room you're drying in @ 60% rh. The slower you dry your harvest....the better the cure will be :vaped:

--------------------

noob

#710777 - 01/31/14 10:04 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

thanks for all the info guys its really gonna help. instead of starting a new thread with a new question i will just put it up here. i just watered my plant and found out the lower part of the plant is starting to hermie . how long do i have till they start pollenating ? should i harvest right away or wait it out just a bit longer its so close to being done.

--------------------

First grow (bagseed)

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#710778 - 01/31/14 10:21 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

it all depends how long into flower you are. Seeing nanners late in flower is fairly common and they most likely don't have any pollen in them anyway.  I always have at least one or two strains that shoot dicks the last few weeks in flower. If this is the case for you don't sweat it. :vaped:

--------------------

noob

#710779 - 01/31/14 10:24 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
it all depends how long into flower you are. Seeing nanners late in flower is fairly common and they most likely don't have any pollen in them anyway.  I always have at least one or two strains that shoot dicks the last few weeks in flower. If this is the case for you don't sweat it. :vaped:

:jah: i am the end of the 6th week of flowering and the trichromes are still all clear.

--------------------

First grow (bagseed)

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#710796 - 01/31/14 02:22 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

ok good. I took a look at your log, since you're only running 2 plants I'd go through and snip those nanners and any that pop up as they finish flowering. Just to be safe.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag