Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesloantbone
Spirit Entity on Tour
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Question about cannabis seed exchange?
    #710295 - 01/28/14 08:08 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

With the current laws in Canada we are able to buy marijuana seeds both on line in Canada and personally driving to a retail outlet.

With quite a few states in USA now selling marijuana and also seeds I am wondering if the "Shroomery" as well as the Growery have relaxed the restriction of trading marijuana seeds through these web sites?

It seems a bit odd that members of these communities can't openly trade various types of marijuana seeds :shrug: after all we can buy them on line in both USA, and Canada.

In my neighbourhoood for example I have bought my seeds through the GTA Seedbank. I post the link associate only to prove my point that I am being real. Not to advertise.

I would be hoping to also hear from the mods on this posting as well.

I certainly would hope that a seed exchange room on the Growery will be a happening thing in the future :tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: Question about cannabis seed exchange? [Re: sloantbone]
    #710296 - 01/28/14 08:16 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I highly doubt the admin will change their view on seed trading until the federal law changes in the states.

I can't wait til that day comes, but it isn't here yet.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Re: Question about cannabis seed exchange? [Re: Stoneth]
    #710308 - 01/28/14 09:07 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
I highly doubt the admin will change their view on seed trading until the federal law changes in the states.

I can't wait til that day comes, but it isn't here yet.

I second that!
Like you said Stoneth. Its federal law. I believe state law should prevail over federal law in any case, however marijuana is not legal medically or recreationally everywhere in the states. While a guy like.....Harry_Ballsach (just example Harry!) can legally go and buy some clones or seeds =, he is able to do so because the state he is in legally allows him to do so. HE WOULD STILL BE BREAKING FEDERAL LAW. Which in my opinion is just bullshit, but its still the law.

Fed trumps state law (until Obama made the grey area larger by saying the feds would not prosecute/hassle growers and users in compliance with state law).  So even though they can, we still legally can't.
That would create a liability for the sites and thus probably lead them to a shutdown.

Personally, why the hell not? We should be able to "trade" seeds, but I would rather take my chances ordering from gorilla or herbies than putting the site at risk. We share our knowledge and that is more valuable than good genetics. Guys like psychotron, Magash, hawksapprentice, Stoneth, Harry, and the countless others on this site give you the information to breed your own "super weed" and get your own seeds. Its more fun playing with our plants anyway.lol.

Fucking grade A idea though man. When the day comes we should definitely open a trading forum!

:baaaam:

*Sorry for the legal BS. I have heard it a million times too, so it does get old.lol.

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

Re: Question about cannabis seed exchange? [Re: TribalSeed]
    #710329 - 01/28/14 10:31 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Didnt overgrow get shut down cuz of some seed deals they were doing.  I remember hearing something like that.

Ya its too bad we cant trade seeds like they do spores on shroomery.  It would be wicked to be able to trade with you guys

InvisibleP-O

Re: Question about cannabis seed exchange? [Re: P-O]
    #710330 - 01/28/14 10:38 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

lol... im stoned. wrong thread

Edited by P-O (01/28/14 10:42 PM)

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Question about cannabis seed exchange? [Re: P-O]
    #710331 - 01/28/14 10:42 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Magash most likely knows.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: Question about cannabis seed exchange? [Re: KaptKid]
    #710339 - 01/28/14 11:00 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Overgrow got shutdown cause the owner of Heavens Stairway seeds (the guy who owned Overgrow) got busted selling a whole shitload of other things besides seeds. His bust started a domino effect that Mark Emery got caught up in.
Emery like every single Canadian seed company was a hard core ripoff anyway so nobody really noticed the loss.

Check out the prices they charge there
http://kindseed.com/index.asp

What pissed me off was Federation Seeds got caught up in it and they were shut down. They bred my favorite strain of all time called Mikado. The also bred the original Romulan which is a outstanding strain itself. Put a good Romulan up against just about any of the current medical strains and Rom is gonna win.

No matter how legal seeds or weed get mailing it is a different story. Weed is legal in CO but mail one gram to your next door neighbor and you're doing serious time.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Question about cannabis seed exchange? [Re: sloantbone]
    #710364 - 01/29/14 07:42 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I'd be reluctant to trade gear w/ another member. I'd rather order my beans from a vendor. Right now I only know of one successful breeder on this site. ATM he's the only guy I'd trust to go through If we were able to legally trade or buy beans on here.

Who knows maybe being able to trade gear would attract more members and breeders. It'd be great to be able to test gear from other breeders like some other sites do.

Quote:

Magash said:
What pissed me off was Federation Seeds got caught up in it and they were shut down. They bred my favorite strain of all time called Mikado.

I've got a 5pk of Next Generations Dynamite (supposedly Fed's Mikado) headed my way from the tude.

I'm gonna be running Dynamite and a few other strains along side your maneater after my next two grows. I can't fucking wait :vaped:

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies