Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSacajaGanja
Beer
Male

Update - day 31 flower
    #706482 - 01/11/14 07:29 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I had put this girl through a lot of stress as I was experimenting with different things. She is mainly sativa dominant although I do not know the strain. I wanted to experiment with my new cab before I move on to my good seeds. I lost two out of the three girls, while I was on vacation someone didn't check on them. Any ideas on how I can keep her going till the end, but start up my northern lights? I am afraid with the bud production right now on her, and her being sativa, she could be many many many weeks out let alone give out a yield of maybe a quarter haha. Anyways here is some pictures. There is some curling going on with the leaves but nothing that to me would be out of the ordinary. Perhaps I can start my northern lights in another box for now since they wont stink and then just transfer them when the other girl is done? I have plenty of bulbs. Oh I would like to add that I did not top or do any trimming due to the fact that I wanted to experiment.

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Bag seed
2. How old are your plants? 2 and 1/2 months
3. How tall are your plants? 16 inches
4. What size containers are they planted in? 1 gallon (I know, I know)
5. What is your soil mix? Happy frog organic, with per-lite towards the bottom and rocks at the bottom, for aeration and drainage.
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? Not untill she is thirsty as fuck, and I use tap water and adjust the PH to 6 - 6.5
7. What is the pH of your water? 6-6.5
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? Lucas formula, Micro - 5'0'1  Bloom - 0'5'4
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? Just a light misting of Ph'ed tap water.
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") CFL 220 EQ watts and a total of 14,200 lumins. With capability for more when I am running 3. Two of those bulbs right now are flowering bulbs, 65W 3900 Lumins 2700k spectrum.
11. How close are your lights to the plants? The large ones are 6 to 8 inches smaller ones up to 3 inches from any foliage.
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 2 1/2 L X 2 1/2 W X 4ft H
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? Steady at 76-78 When lights are on, 69-72 Lights off.
14. What is the pH of the soil? Have only checked runoff. Runoff is testing out at 6
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? Just a few fruit flies from one of my beer binges haha but since have had no problem at all.
16. How much experience do you have growing? I have for years worked outdoors with someone but can no longer do so with my medical conditions. I only grow personal, Semi-new to indoor.

Thanks for your help, Cheers!

~Skunk

Edited by SacajaGanja (01/27/14 06:57 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefunnyfart
Strangler
Male

Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: Day 15 flower - Anything I can do for her? [Re: SacajaGanja] * 1
    #706485 - 01/11/14 08:01 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? Just a light misting of Ph'ed tap water.

do I get this right u spray them with tap water? I wouldn't do that while u flower them because of mould.. they kinda look overwatered but what do I know :awehigh:
good work anyway :wink:

InvisibleSacajaGanja
Beer
Male

Re: Day 15 flower - Anything I can do for her? [Re: funnyfart]
    #706490 - 01/11/14 08:32 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Aye, I wont spray her then. I thought it was ok to mist the fan leaves during flowering. New to this indoor routine. I had problems with over watering at the beginning but have since used the weight of the pot as a gauge. If shes light as hell to pick up shes ready for water. What signs show you over-watering if I may ask, cheers mate.

~Skunk

Offlinefunnyfart
Strangler
Male

Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: Day 15 flower - Anything I can do for her? [Re: SacajaGanja]
    #706492 - 01/11/14 08:40 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

what I know from my outdoors when the leaves hang down. that's a sign for night time or too much water
kinda like this

InvisibleSacajaGanja
Beer
Male

Re: Day 15 flower - Anything I can do for her? [Re: funnyfart]
    #706496 - 01/11/14 08:49 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I will have to agree with you on that one. I notice the same when I grew outdoors.

~Skunk

InvisibleSacajaGanja
Beer
Male

Re: Day 15 flower - Anything I can do for her? [Re: SacajaGanja]
    #706497 - 01/11/14 08:52 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Forgot to mention, she is due for water though. Her bucket is very light, the drooping right now could just mean shes thirsty as well. I am not quite sure now. :shrug: Have to water anyways, maybe I will go half.

InvisibleSacajaGanja
Beer
Male

Update - Day 21 flower [Re: SacajaGanja]
    #708012 - 01/17/14 08:32 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I noticed increasing yellowing of lower leaves in the past few days and it was progressing fast, I fed her yesterday and already removed two fully yellowed dried out leaves. The next set of leaves up is now showing yellowing. I am aware that during bud production nitrogin is sucked out of lower leaves, but it seems to be happening a little too fast for my liking. No yellowing at the top. Drooping tends to indicate over-watering, but if I didn't give her some nutes I think she would have been even worse off. She is putting on weight steadily, but being dominant sativa, at this rate I am now worried she wont make it to the end. I would be grateful for any suggestions on what I should do at this point. Now that she is fed I am going to let her go dry as a bone before next watering. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Cheers.

~Skunk

And here is the yellowing

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Loc: its cold
Re: Update - Day 21 flower [Re: SacajaGanja]
    #708318 - 01/18/14 06:03 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Looks a bit like the typical N draw late in flower.  When was the last time you flushed?  I believe that you can get some drooping from your fan leafs with Nute lock out.  Also with the leaf curl I am seeing.  I am no tc but this is what comes to mind at this stage in flower.

InvisibleSacajaGanja
Beer
Male

Re: Update - Day 23 flower [Re: sveumy]
    #708448 - 01/19/14 09:17 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sveumy said:
Looks a bit like the typical N draw late in flower.  When was the last time you flushed?  I believe that you can get some drooping from your fan leafs with Nute lock out.  Also with the leaf curl I am seeing.  I am no tc but this is what comes to mind at this stage in flower.

Wow I didn't think she was that far into flower, if she is close to 2 weeks out then I want to get my next cycle started, and 2 weeks out, that is typically when you start your flush from what I have read around here, and I actually just fed her on the day of those pictures, here is a few pictures from today, day 23 - Surprisingly I am starting to see some of the very tips of the pistils starting to turn which doesn't mean anything, I need to get a jewelers loupe so I can look at the Trichomes.... Boy is she tiny. Cheers mate.

~Skunk

InvisibleSacajaGanja
Beer
Male

Re: Update - Day 23 flower [Re: SacajaGanja]
    #708499 - 01/19/14 12:45 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I just bought a 40x jewelers loupe with an LED, should be here this week. :thumbup:

~Skunk

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #708505 - 01/19/14 01:17 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Those loupes suck, get one of these.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleSacajaGanja
Beer
Male

Re: Update - Day 23 flower [Re: phychotron]
    #708506 - 01/19/14 01:21 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:

Your link is inactive, and bummer haha. All-well, ill just order another one. I'll wait for your link though brother, cheers.

-edit- Oh hey, while I have a TC here. Could these possibly be maturing already.... As the fellow above mentioned? It has only been 23 days into flower. I want to get my next cycle started exactly two weeks from estimated harvest.

~Skunk

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #708514 - 01/19/14 02:15 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

McSkunk said:
Quote:

phychotron said:

Your link is inactive, and bummer haha. All-well, ill just order another one. I'll wait for your link though brother, cheers.

-edit- Oh hey, while I have a TC here. Could these possibly be maturing already.... As the fellow above mentioned? It has only been 23 days into flower. I want to get my next cycle started exactly two weeks from estimated harvest.

~Skunk

No man you're not even half way done with flowering yet esp if it's a sativa dom strain. I'd say at least 6 more weeks.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleSacajaGanja
Beer
Male

Re: Update - Day 23 flower [Re: Magash]
    #708531 - 01/19/14 02:35 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

McSkunk said:
Quote:

phychotron said:

~Skunk

No man you're not even half way done with flowering yet esp if it's a sativa dom strain. I'd say at least 6 more weeks.

Thank you sir, I would sure hope so otherwise no boubonic chronic here haha, he had me all confused for a second. :dancer: I am glad I did a test run for my new cab, but now I am stuck waiting for one girl when I could have 3 in there. Perhaps I will build a small cab for her and start up my northern lights, or vise versa.

~Skunk

Edited by SacajaGanja (01/19/14 03:02 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #708537 - 01/19/14 03:29 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I love building cabs. I built this one for a friend years ago.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

InvisibleSacajaGanja
Beer
Male

#708585 - 01/19/14 10:29 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Beautiful cab mag, well built. I was thinking about doing the same type of deal here, except I think I am going to make my veg extension off to the side instead of on top. I think it will fit better given the area I am working with. Can't help but sit in the man cave, crack a brew watch Nhl, and dwell on new ideas to continuously improve. Cheers mate.

~Skunk

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #708587 - 01/19/14 11:35 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

The link works for me

http://www.amazon.com/SE-Illuminated-Pocket-Microscope-White/dp/B001CTLKSO/ref=pd_sim_indust_1

"SE Illuminated Pocket Microscope with White LED Light" is the product title.

I paid like $7 but its almost $10 now. Best one out there, 60-100x and durable feeling. I ordered a cheapo smaller 60-100x from china that was much harder to use and it broke the second I turned the light on. Those 30 and 40x loupes they sell are not really as powerful as they claim. This one comes with a slide stand and is good quality with smooth action and larger viewing area as the smaller ones.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Re: Update - Day 23 flower [Re: phychotron]
    #708599 - 01/20/14 07:11 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Those pocket microscopes get the job done, but if you've got shakey hands they're tough to use.

The Eye Bionicam works much better, and it's easy to find them cheap (~$20-$30) on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313&_nkw=eye+bionicam&_sacat=0&_from=R40

It's basically a kids toy, but works perfect for checking trichs and it also takes pics and records. Has a screen to view it right there without having to look through a tiny lens.
It took these:

(My hands are really shakey, and I still managed to get some clear shots. :thumbup: )

--------------------
:psycho:

Man Eater

Edited by resincoatedlungs (01/20/14 07:11 AM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Update - Day 23 flower [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #708605 - 01/20/14 08:22 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

What are you trying to do? Find the molecular composition of each gland head so you can take it to the Hadron Collider particle accelerator in Switzerland and win a Nobel Prize or to see if they are mature?

Just set your phone camera on macro and zoom in. You don't need more then that for what we are doing. :crazy2:

--------------------

InvisibleSacajaGanja
Beer
Male

#708606 - 01/20/14 08:38 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Haha I got a kick out of that, made my day.  :tripmolecule:

~Skunk

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order