Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineudntsay
Stranger

experiment plants help
    #702481 - 12/27/13 02:14 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

so ive had these growing since 11/28
they have mites (im currently working on the hot pepper formula and such to spray em with)

but other than not having big enough pots, what else looks wrong with them?
and how long exactly till i can tell if there a female or not?
i also will be starting to feed them this miracle-gro blue crystal stuff every thursday, started last night.
got the fan blowin on them all day, lights are on 24hr/7 right now. another month mabey is when ill be changing it to 12/12( im under the impression that this would be best? )
im using cow manure/organic compost. all natural (supposably)

ive grown almost 2 years ago but had to give them to someone due to snoopers and never seen them since. had them huge and healthy at 2-3months i believe.
i used miracle grow soil for those.

anyway, heres some pics. lemme no wassup.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: experiment plants help [Re: udntsay]
    #702520 - 12/27/13 04:30 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

On the female thing I'd say a few more weeks or so.

Hard to tell if the damage done is from hot soil, something you may have given the plants for the mites, PH, nutrients and so on.

Quote:

right now. another month mabey is when ill be changing it to 12/12( im under the impression that this would be best?

That's going to depend on strain, the size of your grow space and what your wanting to yield.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlineudntsay
Stranger

Re: experiment plants help [Re: Magash]
    #702542 - 12/27/13 05:18 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

just sprayed them with redpepper&paprika mix
and there just sum fire middies from the baggie
and im not expecting much i just want to cmoplete a grow before may

Offlineudntsay
Stranger

#702659 - 12/27/13 08:17 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

anyone elseeeee?

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #702711 - 12/27/13 10:10 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

It looks like you need something that the manure is not supplying. You'd probably be better off mixing it to make a custom soil, especially perlite to help air it up and drainage. Peat moss is a popular additive, but look up some soil recipes and see if you can get something more than just what your using. It looks like what you have can become very compact, making it much more difficult for the plant to grow big. The two smaller one's have that bonsai look to them from soil compaction and/or too small of a pot (and the lack of light, you need more.) If you don't solve it when you transplant it will do poorly in flower, bonsai plants produce bonsai buds. And the sooner you transplant, the longer they will have before going into flower and they will be much healthier. When you transplant make sure that the plant will not be the flower period for at least a week, preferably not flowering it until it starts showing signs of growth in the new container.

Not sure about the miracle grow, just make sure not to over do it and watch the leaf tips for any signs of brown or yellow, thats where nutrient burn occurs first. You'd probably be better off buying a $20-30 two or three part nutrient, but it might work.

Good luck with the mites, take care of bugs while the plants are small the numbers are low. Taking care of a 5' plant is much much more work.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlineudntsay
Stranger

Re: experiment plants help [Re: phychotron]
    #702718 - 12/27/13 10:22 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

thanks for the info man, got some 7-10gal pots earlier, ive also added verm to my soil all before i planted

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #702726 - 12/27/13 10:39 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

could be huge, how long do you plan on vegging? It might be a huge waste of soil if your not going to go with huge plants.  What type of lighting are you going to use?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlineudntsay
Stranger

#702735 - 12/27/13 10:55 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

well ive got 3 cfl's in there, hoping to add more but dont have the cash. and im moving in may so ill be leaving the plants to someone else.. but hopefully wecan get em harvested before i go..

and idk i say about 15-30 more days? on the veggin

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #702740 - 12/27/13 11:20 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

WAY too big of a container for the setup man.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #702770 - 12/28/13 02:22 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

With that setup I'd guess you'll get a gram or two of leaf, no bud. Total, not per plant. You need more light.

--------------------

Offlineudntsay
Stranger

#702803 - 12/28/13 09:01 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I'm in fl what if I put the plants outside everyday day when I woke up till sundown? Or should I wait till I'm donevegging then do that?

Offlineudntsay
Stranger

#703023 - 12/29/13 02:08 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I'm in fl what if I put the plants outside everyday day when I woke up till sundown? Or should I wait till I'm donevegging then do that?
update : 12/29  took pics around 3 - 3:30am

im going to use the black pot for the bigger plant

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #703027 - 12/29/13 03:23 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

The sun would work better than those three little bulbs, but it will be a lot of work moving it every day.

--------------------

Offlineudntsay
Stranger

#703188 - 12/29/13 06:17 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

We added 2 more bulbs but I think imma still put th m out on sunny daus

Offlineudntsay
Stranger

#703783 - 12/31/13 04:38 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

12/31 6:00PM

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #703813 - 12/31/13 06:40 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Those look like they're craving light man.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlineudntsay
Stranger

Re: experiment plants help [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #703815 - 12/31/13 07:20 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Its allot brighter just my phone doesn't show it, and I just transplanted 2 the limpy looking ones and the smaller lumpy one was knocked over yesterday by a dog outside but there usually not like that

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #703852 - 12/31/13 10:21 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

You should get them as close to the lights as possible, move the plants as close together as you can when you using those bulbs.

--------------------

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
    #704249 - 01/03/14 03:30 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Try not watering as much you because chances are you might be over watering. If the pot is very heavy when you pick it up you are most likely over watering. If it is always really heavy you might have to repot the plants and try to get rid of the manure. I've used manure and it is not really suitable for indoor stuff. When I used it I combined it with coco and some other stuff and the pots would always be way too heavy.

I like to use peat and perlite and I try to get the pot to be very light weight in between waterings, almost to the point where the plant is going to start drying out and wilting, but never letting the plant get to the point of damage or stress. The reason for this is that it allows the soil to become more oxygenated between waterings, and the nutrients in the water will concentrate This raises the EC levels which causes the plants to grow a lot without over fertilizing them since your not actually watering your plants with water of that EC level constantly. And of course you have to keep the soil well flushed with plain water to avoid salt build up. This is hard with manure because horse and cow manure are particularly salty, and cow manure from dairy cows is very high in sodium because they feed the cows salt to produce more milk. Mastering things like compost and manure in your potting blend in an indoor environment is tricky and in my opinion too hard and not worth it because it can also be smelly! Ha ha. 

Moving the lights closer would help too.

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

Offlineudntsay
Stranger

Re: experiment plants help [Re: Doc]
    #707474 - 01/15/14 03:47 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

here they are, big leafs trimmed every so often.. like 3-4 small cfls and one 3shade cfl, and a 100w incandesent for heat in middle, doing 18ish on, 6ish off.

watering with miracle grow blue powder mix 1tsp to 1 gal every weds. - thurs.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds