Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecaspuuur
Stranger
Will this work?
    #701738 - 12/23/13 05:12 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

im gonna post this on shroomery and growery to see what yall both think. So here are a few pictures of my set up and room. its basically a walk i n closet,(disregard the clothes im moving that.) and i have two T8 set up with 6500k indirect light for my mushrooms but also right now for veg when my plants sprout soon. I also have it pretty enclosed so there is no real Fresh air exchange from a outside source. I leave the bottom of my zip wall unzipped from time to time to let air circulate. I was thinking of putting some time of flexipipe to the window from the room to get some time of air in and out but the outside air is so cold that aint really worth it cuz then ill need a heater or some sorts.

Basically what im trying to figure out that i came across... is, can i grow canna and shrooms in the same grow room? it seems plausible but i came across a friend that grows canna and said that the soil has contams in it and the plant can host contams throughout its whole life cycle. Even the dirt itself has contams in it. So id rather grow my shrooms than canna. you think its absolutely that big of a problem?

here is another problem i came across. i planted a few seeds of some random plant and it got fuzzy cobweb mold around the soil. I read that you can prevent mold by sprinkling ground cinnemon in the soil. Which would help im assuming. But at the same time id rather not get my shrooms contam. I really wanna grow cannabis now that i have the opportunity and about 50 seeds. Yet i dont wanna ruin my shrooms. Any suggestions?

and heres my dog...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Will this work? [Re: caspuuur]
    #701757 - 12/23/13 06:14 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah there can be problems with growing shrooms and weed together but it can be done. Like I said though you are risking the chance of contams big time.

I have exp with both

I moderate the cultivation forums here and at the shroomery and I can pretty safely say there are more cons to it then pros.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
Re: Will this work? [Re: Magash]
    #702102 - 12/25/13 08:47 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

One of the worst decisions I have ever made in my entire life was to grow shrooms in the same room as weed.  I even knew this before I decided to do this experiment, but decided to do it anyway.  Shrooms putting off CO2 which the plants love and the plants putting off oxygen which the shrooms love is what motivated me to try this experiment. 

I was growing the plants in a soil-less growing medium and I've never suffered more trichoderma contaminations to my mushroom cultures until then.  The main reason is because soil and soil-less growing mediums invite and harbor trichoderma spores because trichoderma spores are beneficial to root development of plants.  As we all know trichoderma is one of the top predators to our mushroom cultures grown indoors.  Too much air flow to the mushroom substrates was a problem as well.  With monotubs as the mushroom growing container to fix this problem I merely stuffed polyfil into the all the holes of the monotub tightly and misted twice a day. 

Placing plants that are planted in soil-less or soil growing mediums will put a heavy mold spore load on your shroom growing area.  I since theorize that if I was going to grow weed in the same area as shrooms again I'd grow the weed in a DWC or some other kind of active hydroponic system that utilized hydroton as the growing medium.  Aeroponic systems that use those little neoprene circle clamps as the base would work too I believe.  Currently, I don't have the room to run a hydroponic system let alone have the space to support DWC sized plants.

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: Will this work? [Re: hamloaf]
    #702239 - 12/26/13 08:26 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I grow both in a 10'x10' walk-in closet. I put a strong bathroom exhaust fan in the ceiling for fresh air exchange and to keep the heat from my lights down. My closet also has a vent in the floor for my heater/AC to keep the temp optimal.

I haven't had any problem with contams yet, but I just started growing MJ around the beginning of fall. I'm kind of concerned once summer rolls around I may start having problems but I'll tackle that problem if/when it gets here.

--------------------
:firecum:

OfflineAdolf Hitler
Führer of The Growery
Male

Loc: Venezuela
    #702639 - 12/27/13 07:50 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
Humanitarianism is the expression of stupidity and cowardice. -Me

Edited by Stoneth (12/27/13 09:12 PM)

Offlinecaspuuur
Stranger
Re: Will this work? [Re: Adolf Hitler]
    #757983 - 11/18/14 05:23 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

So i know this is a older post from almost a year ago, but i still am experiencing some success and some problems.. Now i have my mushrooms in my closet an my cannabis in my room. you think that still will invite a shit load of mold spores to the soil of the plants even though they are about 6-8ft away from the mushrooms and the mushrooms are inside either containers(Tub in Tub incubator) or inside the closet, which is closed

Offlinecaspuuur
Stranger
    #757984 - 11/18/14 06:19 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

IF ANYONE IS OUT THERE AND STILL ON GROWERY PLEASE HELP

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Will this work? [Re: caspuuur] * 1
    #757991 - 11/18/14 07:40 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

There are way more chances of stuff being transferred from the soil to the mushrooms not the other way around. Your fine.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineJack Ching
Bada-bing
Male
    #757995 - 11/18/14 08:09 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I have done both, but my shroomies did become contaminated as a result.

--------------------
Formerly: DieselB

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Re: Will this work? [Re: Jack Ching]
    #758004 - 11/18/14 10:29 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I use my old grow tent for my monotubs.... but in a separate room :smirk:

I used to think it would be efficient as hell to have an all in one grow area but NOOOO.  :hehehe:

:bongload: <-- dabs  :stoned2:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

OfflineShameMaker
Male

Loc: Rocky Mountain High State
    #758110 - 11/19/14 08:16 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Hey so I have a question for you then Mag. I've noticed at the local grow stores that they have filter patched bags with some sort of fungus culture inside that produces CO2. I've become interested in them but they cost like $30. Do you have any clue what species of fungus that is? You apparently just hang it up in your small grow and let the CO2 fall down. They should last a while. I'm not paying that much money for just one bag though because I can make them myself if I just have the culture

--------------------

When I feel ashamed I get so scared.  It makes me want to hurt you.

Edited by ShameMaker (11/19/14 08:16 PM)

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Re: Will this work? [Re: ShameMaker]
    #758138 - 11/20/14 04:15 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

its a non fruiting strain of fungus, but you would need a dozen of those bags to raise CO2 levels even in a small room :smirk:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

Offlinecaspuuur
Stranger
    #759429 - 11/27/14 09:51 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
There are way more chances of stuff being transferred from the soil to the mushrooms not the other way around. Your fine.

i think you are mistaken my friend. i have my mushrooms in my closet(with door but not enclosed completely, some air holes and airflow cuz i do need Fresh Air Exchange for my mushrooms constantly.) and i have my cannabis in the same room that the closet is in about 5-10ft away.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #759436 - 11/27/14 10:11 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

caspuuur said:
Quote:

Magash said:

i think you are mistaken my friend. i have my mushrooms in my closet(with door but not enclosed completely, some air holes and airflow cuz i do need Fresh Air Exchange for my mushrooms constantly.) and i have my cannabis in the same room that the closet is in about 5-10ft away.

Actually he's 100% correct.  Almost all molds are good for soil.  A whole hell of a lot of different fungi work symbiotically to bring in more nutrients to the plants themselves.

But when growing mushrooms indoors you are sterilizing a substrate, this is going to make them super susceptible to contams.  And adding marijuana grows to the vicinity increases the amount of those possible contams greatly.  We know this by experience man.  Because most of us have already gone through it.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale