Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

the end of kratom?
    #699601 - 12/17/13 10:32 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

one of my vendors for kratom was telling me how Indonesia will be passing the death penalty for kratom. hes going to get back to me on the details.

if this is true, what does this mean for kratom? the fuck! the DP for kratom? is there something seriously wrong with it that i am unaware of?

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Re: the end of kratom? [Re: poor boy]
    #699604 - 12/17/13 10:46 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

maybe agaisnt religious beliefs over there??

InvisibleP-O

Re: the end of kratom? [Re: PoloDown]
    #699606 - 12/17/13 10:51 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

i got 2 kilos on the way from Indonesia....  if this is true then i better order a couple more

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: the end of kratom? [Re: P-O]
    #699609 - 12/17/13 11:10 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

just got this email...

Here's the full breakdown, it will indirectly affect all strains.

Right now, we're trying to get more Thais and Malays, but the FDA has blocked off that route.  We're going to try another slower, costlier route, but the shipper is dragging their feet at having to pay higher up front shipping costs, but we'll have to give them a higher bid.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Well, with this shortage that's likely to take place, there would be no more Bali, Indos or Maeng Da etc.

Also strains from other nations would likely sell out faster than can be supplied, since Indonesia controls over 90% of the trade.  Taking them out of the picture would create a huge demand pressure imbalance.  Even this season there was a shipping ban and shortage that created, not as bad as it could get in the future, but gave us a taste of what it may be like.

It's tough to know what will happen.  But Indo does control 90-95% of sales, so if demand remains steady it will have a demand pressure of 10x or 20x what it is now in relation to the supply. This is just a guess I'm not a economist, but we did see the same thing happen early in 2013 with that ban/shortage scare.

Here's some articles I came across:
http://en.tempo.co/read/news/2013/11/14/055529490/Police-Unravel-Three-New-Drug-Types
http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/news/law-enforcement-reveals-21-new-types-of-narcotics/

So I gather it's being submitted to the ministry that controls the law for drugs, along with some synthetic stuff.

Good news is we have a large stock of Bali and have one batch that's not opened yet officially, but I've tested it when I got it and it's very good.

In other good news, kratom will still be coming from Thailand, Malaysia and some other regions, but they are pretty small compared to the volume from Indo.  In Malay, it's already banned, but treated as a mild crime, so they can actually bribe their way out of that one.  But I'm assuming it will be a more severe law in Indo, as they are know for not messing around with drugs.  Thailand it's highly illegal and not much comes actually from there, but our current stuff comes from the border region where it's easy to slip back to Malaysia. Thailand will be easing up their kratom laws, if the early reports are true and things go as suggested there.  I'd assume they even increase production etc there, hopefully.

I think within not much time, if the ban does pass, many vendors will close, and folks stop using as much kratom. This will cause demand to drop and at some point, supply will once again match demand.  However it's slow to get kratom to grow and mature in a farm.  We've been counting on wild harvested, forest matured leaf - it takes a lot of time and $ to cultivate.  Another good thing about it, is it's scarce, hopefully headshop vendors are the first to close - reducing the chances hopefully of a domestic ban - especially on the federal level, which would be the worst and probably end the industry quickly.

Here's an updated link, which says it's been submitted to be outlawed.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=id&u=http://www.shnews.co/detile-27868-empat-narkoba-jenis-baru-beredar-di-indonesia.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbnn%2Bkratom%2Bindonesia%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DBvc%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26channel%3Dfflb

--------------------
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: the end of kratom? [Re: poor boy] * 1
    #699621 - 12/17/13 12:11 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I don't like the sound of all this. :sad:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleUltimateDevotion
TwistedByDesign
Male User Gallery

Re: the end of kratom? [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #699628 - 12/17/13 12:34 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Never seen or heard of the stuff til I came here. :shrug:

--------------------
Harry Detroit in 304 made one last promise now
"I'm goin out without a trace, a vanishing act before your eyes"

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: the end of kratom? [Re: UltimateDevotion]
    #699630 - 12/17/13 12:39 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
I don't like the sound of all this. :sad:

same which is why i want to grab a kilo now. that shit should last me quite some time and it comes with 8 dif strains. im just worried about customs taking my shit or it taking over a month to get here.

Quote:

UltimateDevotion said:

thats what they want you to think, but truth be told... youve known all along. your K eye is opening and you are becoming aware.

:cookiemonster:

--------------------

InvisibleUltimateDevotion
TwistedByDesign
Male User Gallery

#699639 - 12/17/13 01:24 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Okey doke

--------------------
Harry Detroit in 304 made one last promise now
"I'm goin out without a trace, a vanishing act before your eyes"

InvisibleP-O

#699642 - 12/17/13 01:26 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

poor boy said:
just got this email...

Here's the full breakdown, it will indirectly affect all strains.

Right now, we're trying to get more Thais and Malays, but the FDA has blocked off that route.  We're going to try another slower, costlier route, but the shipper is dragging their feet at having to pay higher up front shipping costs, but we'll have to give them a higher bid.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Well, with this shortage that's likely to take place, there would be no more Bali, Indos or Maeng Da etc.

Also strains from other nations would likely sell out faster than can be supplied, since Indonesia controls over 90% of the trade.  Taking them out of the picture would create a huge demand pressure imbalance.  Even this season there was a shipping ban and shortage that created, not as bad as it could get in the future, but gave us a taste of what it may be like.

It's tough to know what will happen.  But Indo does control 90-95% of sales, so if demand remains steady it will have a demand pressure of 10x or 20x what it is now in relation to the supply. This is just a guess I'm not a economist, but we did see the same thing happen early in 2013 with that ban/shortage scare.

Here's some articles I came across:
http://en.tempo.co/read/news/2013/11/14/055529490/Police-Unravel-Three-New-Drug-Types
http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/news/law-enforcement-reveals-21-new-types-of-narcotics/

So I gather it's being submitted to the ministry that controls the law for drugs, along with some synthetic stuff.

Good news is we have a large stock of Bali and have one batch that's not opened yet officially, but I've tested it when I got it and it's very good.

In other good news, kratom will still be coming from Thailand, Malaysia and some other regions, but they are pretty small compared to the volume from Indo.  In Malay, it's already banned, but treated as a mild crime, so they can actually bribe their way out of that one.  But I'm assuming it will be a more severe law in Indo, as they are know for not messing around with drugs.  Thailand it's highly illegal and not much comes actually from there, but our current stuff comes from the border region where it's easy to slip back to Malaysia. Thailand will be easing up their kratom laws, if the early reports are true and things go as suggested there.  I'd assume they even increase production etc there, hopefully.

I think within not much time, if the ban does pass, many vendors will close, and folks stop using as much kratom. This will cause demand to drop and at some point, supply will once again match demand.  However it's slow to get kratom to grow and mature in a farm.  We've been counting on wild harvested, forest matured leaf - it takes a lot of time and $ to cultivate.  Another good thing about it, is it's scarce, hopefully headshop vendors are the first to close - reducing the chances hopefully of a domestic ban - especially on the federal level, which would be the worst and probably end the industry quickly.

Here's an updated link, which says it's been submitted to be outlawed.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=id&u=http://www.shnews.co/detile-27868-empat-narkoba-jenis-baru-beredar-di-indonesia.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbnn%2Bkratom%2Bindonesia%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DBvc%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26channel%3Dfflb

shit.  that sucks if its true.  Time to stock up if it is.....

Quote:

Retail Location Signatory Name
2013/12/14 03:09 IDJKTA,Indonesia International item has left originating
country and is en route to Canada

03:08 IDJKTA,Indonesia International item processed in originating country

least my order did not get seized :pimp2:

OfflineSynthe
Ramen Warrior

#699735 - 12/17/13 06:05 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Damn, that's fucked up... didn't they unsuccessfully try banning it last century like the US did with alcohol?

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: the end of kratom? [Re: Synthe]
    #699789 - 12/17/13 07:53 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Not sure.

Nigga! You were banned? :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

#699818 - 12/17/13 08:19 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Well shit, im going to stock up.

:sad:

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

Re: the end of kratom? [Re: iStoner]
    #699822 - 12/17/13 08:23 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Some sellers have been posting and emailing around that Indonesia has banned kratom (export), causing some panic in the market over the last few days. Since some are already trying to score in the google rankings based on "Indonesia Kratom Ban", its our duty to outrank them and post the facts. I do not think it is time to panic, but below some of the "ban" facts.

- Some sellers from Borneo have indeed not been able to ship abroad over the last week and have heard that the export is banned, they have been told so by local BPOM officials (the Indonesian "FDA" in Kalimantan/Borneo, they regulate medication and so on), but it has not been officially confirmed nationwide and there is no nationwide restriction in Indonesia. It should be noted that BPOM is indeed like the FDA, so its not an Indonesian version of the DEA and so on.

- Others (those not located in Borneo) continue to ship as usual and have had no trouble over the last week.

- Online there are already some rumors circulation about an Indonesian ban or that it has been outlawed in Indonesia. This is not the case.

- Shippers in Borneo have had trouble in the past as well, while others were free to ship in the same time and even aggressively started to email when a so called "ban" was put in place, this indicates that some sellers in the Borneo area might have bribed officials to stop competitors shipments from being exported. Not saying this is the case now, but it certainly is something to keep in mind.

It is possible that the situation might indeed change, so I recommend stocking up some, just in case.

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#699841 - 12/17/13 09:06 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Source?

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

#699846 - 12/17/13 09:11 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#699852 - 12/17/13 09:18 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Ooh. Touche.

--------------------

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

#699876 - 12/17/13 10:09 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Kratom is supposed to get me through probation, so i hope this all doesn't pan out too badly.

--------------------

Offlinebikewrench
turd polisher
Male User Gallery

Re: the end of kratom? [Re: iStoner]
    #699887 - 12/17/13 11:55 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

this is sad.  it's been such a good friend over the years.  :crying:
my two kratom plants better stay alive so that one day i'll have my own forest

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: the end of kratom? [Re: UltimateDevotion]
    #699905 - 12/18/13 04:52 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

UltimateDevotion said:

Me too lol:wellidunno:

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: the end of kratom? [Re: bikewrench]
    #699915 - 12/18/13 07:59 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

bikewrench said:
this is sad.  it's been such a good friend over the years.  :crying:
my two kratom plants better stay alive so that one day i'll have my own forest

i have a handful of kratom seeds at the house now.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale