Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebikewrench
turd polisher
Male User Gallery

OG Kush @65 days--how much longer?
    #696641 - 12/03/13 12:44 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Shall I let her go till day 70/75+ or is she looking quite ripe now?  I don't have a loupe w/camera to get closeups of the trichs but this is the best I can get.  She's at day 65 of flowering.  Has been under 328 watts of 2700k cfl in 2x2 sq ft closet.  Some of the trichs on the most apical sugar leaves are amber but the rest are cloudy.  I'm aware of the color=effects paradigm but I need your guys' expert eyes!  I can count the number of successful grows on two hands so I'm not an expert here.   

Once this grow is finished I'll post up my journal.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

Re: OG Kush @65 days--how much longer? [Re: bikewrench]
    #696645 - 12/03/13 12:52 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Personally I can't tell without seeing the trichs close up, but I'm interested in what some of the more experience peeps have to say.

Usually a good rule is when you think it's ready wait another week.

Offlineghost
Re: OG Kush @65 days--how much longer? [Re: Mycophile]
    #696647 - 12/03/13 12:55 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Definitely go by the trichomes, just go out and buy a good loupe/pocket microscope and look at them.

There are charts all over the web with pictures on done-ness.

Offlinebikewrench
turd polisher
Male User Gallery

Re: OG Kush @65 days--how much longer? [Re: ghost]
    #696650 - 12/03/13 01:04 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I was thinking of cutting the more mature heads off as well, and letting the middle half of her finish--cuz those cfls just can't penetrate her thick canopy.

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

#696707 - 12/03/13 05:16 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bikewrench said:
I was thinking of cutting the more mature heads off as well, and letting the middle half of her finish--cuz those cfls just can't penetrate her thick canopy.

As apposed to getting a loupe and making sure they're ready for harvest? If the tops are ready for harvest, then really there will not be much time to allow the lower half of the plants finish.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
    #696770 - 12/04/13 09:57 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bikewrench said:
Shall I let her go till day 70/75+ or is she looking quite ripe now?  She's at day 65 of flowering.  Has been under 328 watts of 2700k cfl in 2x2 sq ft closet.  Some of the trichs on the most apical sugar leaves are amber but the rest are cloudy.

By the way you describe the trichomes I would harvest now depending on whether or not you've leeched the soil with pure PH balanced water or PH balanced water with a clearing agent in it such as Botanicare's Clearx or something for at least a week.  Once trichomes go amber they are past peak harvesting time because the THC has already begun to degrade. 

Quote:

bikewrench said:

I did something like that many years ago on my second grow.  I harvested the the top half of the plant because to me they were ripe.  As I was chopping down those ripened buds I noticed that the shoots towards the bottom of the plant contained only these immature little popcorn buds.  Not enough intense light penetration into the bottom, inner parts of plants is what I later learned was the cause of popcorn buds to occur there.  Back then I didn't know though.  So what I did out of a little bit of instinct and a whole lot of laziness was leave the plants with the lower sections containing all the popcorn buds under the lights.  Two or so weeks later those little popcorn buds filled out and matured.  Food for thought.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains