Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinecatbuds
Stranger
Female

Loc: Cecil Co, Md Flag
de-bunking bull shit
    #695174 - 11/24/13 04:34 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Yep! It is what it sounds like. I'm here to de-bunk! By no means an amateur.  BS in hort & over 40yrs experience. My main grow is big outdoor crop, & inbetween seasons, sm indoor 'tide me overs' 2-3 times a year. & guess what. I use fluorescents! Area 2 1/2' x 4 1/2' with up to 4 1/2' if I need it for budding stretch. 6 tube T5's over head, 2' grolights on each end, one 4' shop light with 2 grolight tubes down the center on its back for under lighting. 8 small plants finishing in 1 gal pots, arranged two rows of four. Of course the 4' shop light is inbetween the two rows. For the last 2 wks of budding, I throw in a few red cfl party lights for some red spectrum. I have great success this way. I do this in the colder months, so I use a sm fan to circulate,  not removed, heat. So if you're only doing sm personal grows, no need to make it more expensive than you can afford. I hand pollinate for seed for my outdoor grow, clone if & when I want. A whole lot less likely to be busted this way too. Easier to keep it on the down low.  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:

--------------------
Old tree huggin hippie. Growing what I like & liking what I grow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: de-bunking bull shit [Re: catbuds] * 2
    #695182 - 11/24/13 09:19 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Pics or it didn't....you know where I'm going with this.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: de-bunking bull shit [Re: catbuds] * 2
    #695183 - 11/24/13 09:38 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

:facepalm:

Offlinecatbuds
Stranger
Female

Re: de-bunking bull shit [Re: CrushNazT]
    #695282 - 11/24/13 07:01 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Can't post pics from this cell ph, but if you think about it hard enough, you can see it happening. As long as you can get lumens & spectrum where they need to be, the light source is a personal choice. Hurricane Sandy trashed my house roof. Will be in this camper till repares/renovations are complete. Running entire thing (camper & my grow) on 2 heavy duty extention cords. Getting ready to add heat to grow, so adding a third cord. (Only heating front of camper now. Seedlings less than 1 wk old & in closet under standard grolux. In about 2-3 wks, will move them to cabinet in back, which is currently unheated & averages 45ยบ). So if I grow at all, it has to be this way for now. Do I expect the same yield as with HPS & LED's? Hell no. Light penetration & such. But by keeping plants sm & lights close, I do manage to get a sm but resinous, potent harvest. Trying to figure out how to post pics from this damned ph. If & when I manage that, I'll be starting a grow log here. I do want those on disability/fixed incomes to know this can be done cheaply.

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: de-bunking bull shit [Re: catbuds] * 1
    #695296 - 11/24/13 11:24 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Well, floro grows suck.  Period.  You can claim the debunked bullshit all you want, but without pics, that's a big ol fail.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinecatbuds
Stranger
Female

Re: de-bunking bull shit [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #695298 - 11/24/13 11:50 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Like I said, get the lumens up, very sm space. I've seen many piss poor fluor grows by people who didn't have enough lights, lights too far from the plants & no side or underlighting. When I find someone who isn't paranoid about letting me post pot pics from their computer, I'll show you what I mean.

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

Re: de-bunking bull shit [Re: catbuds]
    #695301 - 11/25/13 12:08 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

with all money u spend beefin up the lumens with floros, you can buy a hps set up.  there is 600watt full set ups for like 180$, or 1000 watt for like 220$

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hps

Its worth it to invest the $$$ in a decent lamp if you want a nice harvest

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: de-bunking bull shit [Re: P-O]
    #695305 - 11/25/13 12:55 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Hey catbuds welcome to the site. I myself have 30 years with this plant under the lights and even longer then that outdoors. So I take it there is a fellow oldtimer here.

I'm just wondering what is being de-bunked. I myself am most likely the biggest hater of floro lights on the site but nobody said they don't work.

Why I hate em

They are not cooler then MH and HPS like people think. YOu have a 1000 watt hps and 1000 watts of floro. Now yes the 1000 of floro is cooler but puts out one tenth the light. So in order for floro lights to put out the same amount of light or lumens you have to run nearly 8000 watts of floros which is way hotter.

Soooo it will actually cost less to use MH or HPS then floros with a better yield and penetration of the plant material. :wink:

Sorry to nab the thread but it's a chance to educate some on lights. :crazy2:

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinecatbuds
Stranger
Female

#695308 - 11/25/13 01:16 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I HAVE a HPS. If I try using it in this camper, I'll burn it down. I'm running everything on two extention cords at the moment.  I don't mean just the grow, I'm talking heater, refrigerator,  cooking appliances,  tv, lights, everything. If you keep your plants small enough & your lights close enough, its do-able. I don't want more than what I can smoke. Let one a-hole find out you have smoke & every freeloader in the county wants to 'drop in' at your place. I like my privacy, hate freeloading thieving illiterate drunks. I'm not obligated to have people I hate in my home. I don't want fans that can be heard (camper, remember,  can't muffle sound), or smells than can sniffed. I have some really a-hole brothers who live up the road from me. I've even put a gun in their faces to make them get the hell out of my house. They don't knock & its not worth going into, but I have to make sure they won't find out what I'm doing. If I won't give it to them, they steal it, if they can't steal it, they call the cops. Been through this shit with them for many years, so it is what it is untill my house is repaired. Keeping it cheap, not having a fire, & keeping it on the down low. Just started the third grow in here, seedlings 5 days old. When this grow is finished I'll post pics from a friends computer just to prove a point.

--------------------

Offlinecatbuds
Stranger
Female

#695309 - 11/25/13 01:30 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Magash, are you familiar with the newer T5's? Less heat & higher lumens than the old standard fluorescents. I only use old standards as side & underlighting. Once I get back in the house, I want to go with LED's, T5 side & underlighting. If you go back to the begining of this thread, you'll see why I'm doing it this way. Life sucks, & then hurricane Sandy happens. (She was a real bitch!)
-- Figure I'm probably the oldest one here. I'll be 60 on Valentines day. Hope I'm still around & kicking when its legal. Jumped on the legalization band wagon in 1970. With my luck, 'big brother' will legalize the day after I die! LOL!

--------------------

Offlinecatbuds
Stranger
Female

#695310 - 11/25/13 01:43 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Magash, post # 7 wasn't aimed at you.. Have you checked out cannabis.com & Mr Nice Seeds forum? I think they're both a lot more 'age friendly'. Cann.com doesn't have PM's, but MNS does. I have 'friends' in my age group who are on both. Less hostility.  Come on over & check us out!

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#695312 - 11/25/13 02:07 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Ahhh...everybody here is cool with me even being a old timer compared to most here.

Yeah I saw the beginning of the thread and I feel for ya cause I couldn't live in the situation but I guess when forced into it there is no choice.

Quote:

are you familiar with the newer T5's? Less heat & higher lumens than the old standard fluorescents.

Yeah very much so. Use em for clones that don't fit under the MH with the mothers and the other clones vegging.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
    #695313 - 11/25/13 03:01 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Light penetration & such. But by keeping plants sm & lights close, I do manage to get a sm but resinous, potent harvest.

I can subscribe to this.  With all other environmental elements in check dank-ass, potent, THC laden buds can be produced.  You just don't get a lot of them.  The buds aren't very dense either. 

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Well, floro grows suck.  Period.  You can claim the debunked bullshit all you want, but without pics, that's a big ol fail.

Have you even ever taken a harvest all the way through using florescent tubes or CFL's?

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Re: de-bunking bull shit [Re: hamloaf]
    #695336 - 11/25/13 09:16 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:

Have you even ever taken a harvest all the way through using florescent tubes or CFL's?

I think I can answer for Hawk and say, Yes.  He has done a lot of grows in the past.

But Ill let him truly answer it

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: de-bunking bull shit [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #695492 - 11/25/13 06:13 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I want to grow using LED's at only a select few wavelengths.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Offlinecatbuds
Stranger
Female

Re: de-bunking bull shit *DELETED* [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #695536 - 11/25/13 09:16 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by catbuds

Reason for deletion: Double post

--------------------

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
    #695537 - 11/25/13 09:27 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Aircooled hood FTW.

Offlinecatbuds
Stranger
Female

Re: de-bunking bull shit [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #695538 - 11/25/13 09:35 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah me too. But untill I get out of this camper & back into my house after renovations fix what hurricane Sandy did to it, it is what it is. I have HPS, plan to add LED's to that, but circumstances say I have to wait on that. Sure I get sm buds, but this is my meds, & they get the job done. My whole point to this thread was to point out it CAN be done this way for those who've been convinced it's not possible. From college students pinching pennies to others on disability checks, here's a cheap way to keep from going totally without. Sm sticky popcorn buds work just as well unless you're boosting your ego saying my dick- I mean bud is bigger than yours! LOL!  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:

P.O. I'm using stuff I already have that I usually use for vegging. I have a HPS & can't use it in the camper. Would love LED's, but where would they come from with only a $710.00 monthly disability check? The whole point of this is to show others who may be in the same situation as me that they can still do it...... Did you read my first post?

--------------------

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#695593 - 11/26/13 09:05 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I still have my LED panels and I loved them.  Who knows when I'll get to use them again though

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: de-bunking bull shit *DELETED* [Re: PoloDown]
    #695600 - 11/26/13 09:24 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by bEelzeBosS

Reason for deletion: na

--------------------
:firecum:

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Re: de-bunking bull shit [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #695606 - 11/26/13 09:55 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

chaotic646 said:
My current CFL grow. First timer, sure it would have been better if I had bought better lighting but Im pleased so far.

Looks good actually, just get the bulbs closer

InvisibleP-O

#695609 - 11/26/13 10:00 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

P-O said:
with all money u spend beefin up the lumens with floros, you can buy a hps set up.  there is 600watt full set ups for like 180$, or 1000 watt for like 220$

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hps

Its worth it to invest the $$$ in a decent lamp if you want a nice harvest

just had to quote this again :lol:

those small cfls are so far away from those poor girls.... imagine the harvest with a proper light  :vato:

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
    #695610 - 11/26/13 10:02 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

thats a LOT of stretching

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: de-bunking bull shit *DELETED* [Re: CrushNazT]
    #695613 - 11/26/13 10:20 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by bEelzeBosS

Reason for deletion: N/A

--------------------

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#695614 - 11/26/13 10:22 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

chaotic646 said:
Quote:

CrushNazT said:
thats a LOT of stretching

I know, had I been smart and did more research I would have went with a better setup. I regret it now but I can't afford to replace it for awhile. But this isnt putting out very much heat, and is only using 235W.

Not sure if you saw what I said, but just get the ones you have closer to the plants, it will make a difference.

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: de-bunking bull shit [Re: PoloDown]
    #695618 - 11/26/13 10:25 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

^^See my edited post above..

--------------------

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#695620 - 11/26/13 10:28 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

chaotic646 said:
^^See my edited post above..

:thumbup:

Offlinecatbuds
Stranger
Female

#695740 - 11/26/13 08:47 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Looking good Chaotic.  You'll get sm fluffy buds, but that doesn't mean they aren't good smoke, just lack 'bag appeal'. Smaller yield. But when this is all you can afford,  its way better than nothing. If you can add a shop light or two with warm white tubes, that would be a big help for budding, just remember, 4-6" from plant tops.  :smile:

P.S. If you can get the shop lights (2 -4' tube fixture), position them as main lighting with the cfl's as supplement.

--------------------

Offlinecatbuds
Stranger
Female

Re: de-bunking bull shit [Re: PoloDown]
    #695742 - 11/26/13 09:00 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

P.O.  You could always come stay in the camper with me, combine our lights & share the harvest.  One draw back, you'd be bunking with my two grumpy old tom cats!  (Sorry, they already claimed the back bunk. Dog sleeps up front with me!) LOL!  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:

--------------------

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#695763 - 11/27/13 04:47 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Looks good for some cfls man !

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: de-bunking bull shit [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #695778 - 11/27/13 08:34 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks guys.

@ catbuds: the only long tube shop lights I can find always have daylight 6500k lights...that would be fine when my girls are vegging but its not good for flowering girls is it?

--------------------

Offlinecatbuds
Stranger
Female

#695814 - 11/27/13 12:29 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Walmart has 2 pks cheap, you can get cool or warm white. Warm white is 30 some thousand k. If you can't find/do that, go ahead with the 65000k, lay it on its back aimed upward as under lighting, keeping the cfls as main light (warm ones). You know, you can get these guys only 1" from your plants without burn, but check OFTEN, the plants will grow right into them faster than you think. The thing we're trying to do here is boost lumens. The buds will be light & kinda fluffy anyway, but will be less so with more lumens. Since the red spectrum increases stretch, it might work better for you to go with the 65 on its back. Underlighting is a big help with fluorescent lighting.:smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals