Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePeardu
Stranger
Grow box in my attic Is there fire danger between hps and t5 *DELETED*
    #694078 - 11/17/13 11:19 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by Peardu

Reason for deletion: paranoia

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
Re: Grow box in my attic Is there fire danger between hps and t5 [Re: Peardu]
    #694079 - 11/17/13 12:01 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Nah, the only way that 150 watt HPS has a remote chance of catching the insulation in your attic on fire is if the insulation makes direct contact with the bulb and is held there. 

Either to both lamps will be fine in an enclosed wood growbox.  Just be sure to construct and install an air intake and exaust with the ample air moving equipment to remove the excess heat from your growing area.  Multiply lenght by width by height to find the CFM of your growing area and get a fan rated to remove that amount of CFM's.  I'd go with a fan that moves a hundred or so more CFM's than what your growing area calls for.

I like the fact that that you noticed that those things can be built at a fraction of the cost than what you can buy them for already constructed.  Plus the builder is able be customize according to said builders wants and needs.  +5.

OfflinePeardu
Stranger
Re: Grow box in my attic Is there fire danger between hps and t5 [Re: hamloaf]
    #694083 - 11/17/13 12:38 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you very much.

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#694091 - 11/17/13 01:26 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Make sure there isn't a chance it could fall loose into the wood, because HID bulbs will burn most things they come in contact with I would think. They are certainly hot enough to burn paper.

Btw there's one of those 150w systems for 53$ here  but I'm not sure how much shipping is. I was considering getting one, but instead found a 400w system with both mh and hps bulb on ebay for about 105 after shipping.

Edit: Please don't link to non sponsors.

oh well apparently they care about non sponsor linking here, which ive done in like 50% of my posts =x, but anyway you can get em for about 65$ after shipping

Edited by Midgetpawn (11/17/13 07:34 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #694104 - 11/17/13 03:19 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Go to the goodwill store and get a cabinet for less then $40.00.

I made this years ago

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflinePeardu
Stranger
Re: Grow box in my attic Is there fire danger between hps and t5 [Re: Magash]
    #694128 - 11/17/13 06:00 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

cool. nice vents, thanks

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #694275 - 11/18/13 01:07 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Depending on where you live your attic might not work so well in the summer time when its going to be extra hot up there.

Also, I know your trying to do things on a budget/small scale, but you might want to consider LED as a light source. If your not trying to get the maximum yield and in a small space you can get one cheaper panel and get decent results. I normally recommend that people buy name brand, but for a small enough operation and someone who is not super concerned about max yield then some of the cheaper fixtures are fine for those people. With the cheaper panels you still get very good quality, just not as much. Less heat, plug and play, no maintenance or bulky equipment. You have to spend more up front but it can save you a lot of hassle. With LED's you can get the intensity of the higher wattage bulbs but focused in a smaller area with less wattage.

How big is your area?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Cultivation Supplies